Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Woodford.
    I still call it The Jake.

Whatever is cheapest in the case.

As far as clear booze goes, I actually like the cheaper stuff better. All this quadruple-filtering bullshit takes the flavor out. I want vodka and gin that actually tastes like something, and generally speaking (as far as daily drinkers go) this seems to be the cheap stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Day drinking eh

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Costco Kirkland house brand gin, spiced rum, French vodka, and tequila (blanco and anejo). They're all good and cheap
    I haven't seen it in a while, but Costco had a 14 year highland scotch some years back that was quite good for the buck.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    REYKA?

Nearly killed ya!
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    List.....

Evan Willams bourbon....can get for 18-20 per handle. Still 86 proof!!!
    For just a few bucks more, step it up to Evan Williams 1783. It's marginally more expensive but MILES better. Are there better bourbons out there? Sure, but I have yet to find a better "value" than this one. Bang for buck, it's really tough to beat. My local store has it for only like $23 per handle.

Kinda like fat chicks and mopeds.

For rum if you can get Havana Club from Cuba then the 7 year dark run is great and last time I bought it it was cheap.[/QUOTE]

Always keep a few bottles of 7 year around the house. It's stupid cheap in Cuba but can be had at a lot of carribean duty frees as well.

My buddy swears by Costco, I have tried it and its all pretty good.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    My buddy swears by Costco, I have tried it and its all pretty good.
    Fucking Montana liquor laws don't allow Costco to sell anything but Beer/Wine.... whine
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Costco bourbon is just Woodford Reserve relabeled.

No Fireball fans here?

Southern Comfort?

Cuervo Gold?

Four Roses?

Old Grandad?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

As a FYI for travelers, the price of booze in the USVI's is dirt cheap. They're a US territory so for whatever reason they are not subject to the federal liquor taxes. Same as buying booze on foreign military bases. When I lived on St. Croix, circa 2001/2002, a .750 of JD was ~$10. If you like rum, the St. Croix made Cruzan dark spiced was about $3 a 1/5 and definitely drinkable.

As a side note, at that time, St. Croix had the 2nd largest gasoline refinery in the US so gas was super cheap too compared to the rest of the USA. Good Times!

I'll plus 1 on the El Jimador. It's my go to for price/quality. It's about 30-35$ CDN for a 26 oz bottle up here and it is really damn tasty, even just on ice.
    27° 18°

Here is my great, cheap alcohol list - prices are in Utard. YMMV.

Bourbons:

- Evan Williams White Label Bottled in Bond ($10-14/750ml)
    - Wild Turkey 101 ($19-25/750ml)
    - Old Granddad BiB ($20ish)
    - Old Crow Reserve ($15ish)
    - Henry McKenna Single Barrel Bottled in Bond ($30ish and just stupid good)
    - Larceny Wheated Bourbon ($20ish, also great)

Ryes:

- Rittenhouse Rye ($25/bottle and PHENOMENAL)
    - Sazerac Rye ($25/bottle)

Scotch:

- Trader Joes Old Finlaggan Reserve (not in Utah, but $19 or so and honestly a decent peated islay)
    - Jura 10 (good, cheap single malt highland - $40 ish?)
    - Monkey Shoulder (great blended speyside, $30, seriously, this stuff is amazing)

Rums:

- Flor de Cana 7
    - Barbencourt 8 year Haitian Rhum
    - Plantation (anything by them, really, but their pineapple rum is mindblowing and usually like $25)

Gins:

- Beefeater
    - Dented Brick Well Gin (if you're in utah...this stuff is like $11/bottle and honestly great for gin and tonics)

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    - Plantation (anything by them, really, but their pineapple rum is mindblowing and usually like $25)
    You had me right up until this point and then you lost me. Mind blowing and pineapple run rarely appear in the same sentence.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    You had me right up until this point and then you lost me. Mind blowing and pineapple run rarely appear in the same sentence.
    Dude I know - I never thought I would ever enjoy something like Pineapple Rum, it's so far outside my taste preference. Trust me on this one. I know we don't know each other, but I would hope that the rest of everything else on my list would establish me as someone with decent-ish tastes - I'm not a frat boy drinking Malibu to get sloshed. My go-to is usually ex-sherry, cask strength islays (a la Ardbeg Uigedal/Corryvreckan or Talisker Distiller's), neat. But that pineapple rum is just nothing short of outstanding.

Good Scotch like Laphroig 1/4 cask was 20$ a bottle cheaper in Banff than in BC

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Dude I know - I never thought I would ever enjoy something like Pineapple Rum, it's so far outside my taste preference. Trust me on this one. I know we don't know each other, but I would hope that the rest of everything else on my list would establish me as someone with decent-ish tastes - I'm not a frat boy drinking Malibu to get sloshed. My go-to is usually ex-sherry, cask strength islays (a la Ardbeg Uigedal/Corryvreckan or Talisker Distiller's), neat. But that pineapple rum is just nothing short of outstanding.
    Truth right there. Never imagined drinking pineapple rum until I tried the Plantation... it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by aragon View Post
    Truth right there. Never imagined drinking pineapple rum until I tried the Plantation... it's amazing.

Seriously. And this is the drink to make with it:

http://imbibemagazine.com/vieux-ananas/

Rye whiskey, pineapple rum, sweet vermouth, benedictine. Or you can do daquiris with it as well. Or even manhattans. It's excellent.

Agree with others on the Evan Williams and the OG114. I'm a huge fan of Svedka handles, cost is about $16 here.

The Evan Williams with the black label instead of green. It's like $2 more around here, but waaaaay better.
    2nd Svedka if you're gonna go the vodka route. Absolut is trash.
    I don't think Costco can sell hard liquor in MT, which is too bad.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

vodka is actually just watered down everclear so it actually is a better price to mix it yourself and you will potentially get a higher quality product that way
    Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Just buy cheap vodka and drink twice as much

Vodka is suposed to only taste of nothing but alcohol

If I wana drink hard liquor straight buy the good stuff

If I wana put mixer in it buy the cheaper stuff

If i wana taste pine apples I put the pineapple in me self

Inexpensive (relatively) (and GOOD) Liquor

mutually ^^ exclusive terms

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    The Evan Williams with the black label instead of green. It's like $2 more around here, but waaaaay better.
    2nd Svedka if you're gonna go the vodka route. Absolut is trash.
    I don't think Costco can sell hard liquor in MT, which is too bad.
    EW White > EW Black > EW Green.

Seriously, the white label is where it's at. Just don't tell your friends. I don't want to lose another favorite cheap bottle to over-populization.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    Evan Williams 1783 is a decent sipper. For a few more bucks around here Eagle Rare is hard to beat for bourbon.

J&B blended scotch isn't bad, for a cheap scotch.

I'm not much for vodka anymore, but Kirkland vodka is very good and cheap.

Jameson's is a solid inexpensive irish whiskey.

For rum if you can get Havana Club from Cuba then the 7 year dark run is great and last time I bought it it was cheap.
    Love me some Havana Club. Really too bad you can’t get it in the states.