Page 194 of 235 FirstFirst ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... LastLast
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 5859
    How do you like the mfree? Really interested in that ski for next season

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    A little something for the peanut gallery.

Nice little orange line-up there. I like your style.
    focus.

So I cleaned up the garage, and put some skis away for the season. I figured I'd line em up for a quiver shot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4538 3.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	324241
    Lined up left to right and wide to skinny.
    -186 Atomic Automatic 117 w P18s. Original version before they started to lighten then up that ski. Everyday pow ski.
    -186 Atomic Backland 117 w Shifts. First year with horizon tip and before they got too light. 50/50 resort/tour days. 5 days.
    -183 Nordica Unleased Hell 113 (Same ski as Patron but with no metal and a lighter core) Use to be my fat touring ski, and then I mounted it with a FFG14 long track demo binding for guest to use on pow days.
    -188 Salomon QST 106 with P18s, for an every day ski, cut up and left over pow, unless it has not snowed in a week.
    -182 Atomic Automatic 109. w Dynafit 2.0. Main touring ski for deeper snow tours.
    -186 Atomic Charter 100. w Dynafit Speed turns. For light, spring or long tours.
    -184 Atomic Vantage 90 CTi w P18s. Everyday groomers ski when it has not snowed in a long time.
    -182 Atomic Punx 7 (84mm waist) with STH2 16s. Had this Park/Pipe set up to work in Korea at the Olympics. Never ever skied em. For sale!
    - 181 Atomic Blackeye Ti (82mm waist?) w Atomic system binding. Again this is a guest ski for groomer days, to avoid rental costs.
    - 175 Salomon GS Race replica ski (74mm waist) with shitty Salomon adjustable bindings. These are super sharp for working on a World Cup prepared race course or the the odd fast groomer day
    -191 Elan Ripstick FIS Skis (94/67/84 with a 33.5R) This Purchase arrived after the mountain closed. Going to mount a Green P18 and scare my left wing really fast early mornings

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    A little something for the peanut gallery.

1. 194 4x4 Bigs are the fucking SHIT. Love that ski, wish I still had a pair.

2. 192 Legend 105 vs. 192 M Free 108... which do you prefer in heavy chop/crud?

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    1. 194 4x4 Bigs are the fucking SHIT. Love that ski, wish I still had a pair.

2. 192 Legend 105 vs. 192 M Free 108... which do you prefer in heavy chop/crud?
    Out of those two, the LP105 is the obvious choice for going fast down the fall line in chop, particularly if you dig the BIG’s. MFree does not have the mass to just smash through. It still goes fast and is surprisingly dynamic and quick for a ski this wide. Rumor has it Reine is prototyping a “new” lp105, so that should be something to look forward to.

Caddy vs corvette... or some such analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    How do you like the mfree? Really interested in that ski for next season

For obvious reasons I don’t have many days on the mfree but I’m stoked for more time on them next season. They're very intuitive, have a huge sweet spot, fun when skiing fast or slow. The recommended mount is a little more forward than I generally like, but I haven't had any issues with it yet. I think if I was skiing in deeper snow, I'd move them back 1cm. I think it’s an improvement over the x106 but not as much of a return to the metal laminate legend(s) as I was hoping. I generally preferred this ski to anything else in the 100-110cm width at the demo this year.
    Last edited by jackattack; 04-06-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Love this thread. 2020 finished this way.

Name:	2020 End Quiver.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	324300

196 Blizzard Bodacious
    192 K2 Annex 98
    188 Head Kore 105
    192 Stockli Stormrider 95
    191 Nordica Enforcer 110
    188 Kastle BMX105HP
    193 Blizzard Cochise
    192 Rossi Black Ops
    192 Blizzard R11

Other than the powder skis, I don't really have a formula for what the ski of the day is. I just grab what ever I feel like riding. Because I have a ski collecting problem, I am always looking ahead to next year or the year after for future prospects, lord willing I(we) can. Would like to phase out the Stormriders and maybe replace with the Brahma. Also like to maybe replace my 6 season old Cochise with the new Katana.

Thought I would line up the oldies for an out of service quiver shot. Thanks ZomblibulaX for the inspiration.

Name:	Out of Service.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	324303

I'm fortunate to have large garage(man cave) to collect this crap. It's actually an old horse stall where the skis get stored. Thanks for the memories.

Nice quiver Fred! What do you think of the black ops 98? I’ve heard good things about the 118 not much info on the 98 though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Love all the old skis!
    What do you not like about the stormrider?

Quote Originally Posted by poleplant View Post
    Nice quiver Fred! What do you think of the black ops 98? I’ve heard good things about the 118 not much info on the 98 though.

Black Ops 98 have turned out to be pretty fun ski. They were a gift and not a ski I would gravitate towards. Maybe put them in the dad park ski category. I Mounted them at -1.5 for a little more trad feel. Well cambered, not really rockered, some amount of Ti layer. They ski quiet and damp thanks to a rubber layer in the tips and tales. They are not Head Monster like burly but not noddles either. They can be easily carved into any size turn you want. Was looking forward to skiing some spring slush on them. No such luck this year.

Love all the old skis!
    What do you not like about the stormrider?
    They are ripping groomer skis that beg to be skied fast and quiet. Really fun to get up to speed. They will take you for a ride. Suppose my reason is not quite versatile enough to me. I heard someone I think it was Climber Joe describe them as a good bad snow ski. That is definitely true, but if you ski them on a day with good snow where you might be hitting a little of everything, then not so good. Amazing build quality. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Love this thread. 2020 finished this way.

Name:	2020 End Quiver.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	324300

196 Blizzard Bodacious
    192 K2 Annex 98
    188 Head Kore 105
    192 Stockli Stormrider 95
    191 Nordica Enforcer 110
    188 Kastle BMX105HP
    193 Blizzard Cochise
    192 Rossi Black Ops
    192 Blizzard R11

Other than the powder skis, I don't really have a formula for what the ski of the day is. I just grab what ever I feel like riding. Because I have a ski collecting problem, I am always looking ahead to next year or the year after for future prospects, lord willing I(we) can. Would like to phase out the Stormriders and maybe replace with the Brahma. Also like to maybe replace my 6 season old Cochise with the new Katana.

Thought I would line up the oldies for an out of service quiver shot. Thanks ZomblibulaX for the inspiration.

I'm fortunate to have large garage(man cave) to collect this crap. It's actually an old horse stall where the skis get stored. Thanks for the memories.
    Any thoughts on the Head Kore 105 and BMX105HP? Both are on my short list to pick up next year.

Fred - Nice Quiver! Would love a comparison of the Enforcer 110 191 to the Rustler 11 192. I have the Enforcer 110 191 and Rustler 11 188...love the idea of a little more ski in the Rustler.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Any thoughts on the Head Kore 105 and BMX105HP? Both are on my short list to pick up next year.

I’m pretty sure the kore isn’t really your jam, you should definitely demo it before you buy it.

It feels like a much wider ski than it is in my opinion, more fresh snow focused than most 105s. Could work as a touring option if that is why you are into it.

I’m pretty sure the kore isn’t really your jam, you should definitely demo it before you buy it.

It feels like a much wider ski than it is in my opinion, more fresh snow focused than most 105s. Could work as a touring option if that is why you are into it.
    Im more trying to fill the hole around 105-110. Ideally the ski will be good on hard pack and decent in soft snow/pow, sort of a looking for soft snow a week after a storm type of ski.

I’ll see if I can find a pair to demo. I have been liking softer skis lately.

Why don’t you think it’s my jam? Too light and floppy?

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado

Some classics in the out-of-service quiver. Awful lot of "I am not here to fuck around" skis.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Im more trying to fill the hole around 105-110. Ideally the ski will be good on hard pack and decent in soft snow/pow, sort of a looking for soft snow a week after a storm type of ski.

I’ll see if I can find a pair to demo. I have been liking softer skis lately.

Why don’t you think it’s my jam? Too light and floppy?

It’s not floppy at all pretty stout and light, still decently damp, but it’s still not a ski I would want to ski inbounds as a everyday/ after storm ski. It is fun in chop tho

On hard snow however it feels much wider than 105 and it feels more slarvy and surfy due to the wide tapered tip, it carves but is not super strong on edge. It’s a great ski and awesome for touring, but I would not want it is a inbounds ride for everyday.

I think you would the bmx105hp on the other hand. Not too stiff in the tip, has energy and is awesome on firm.

It’s not floppy at all pretty stout and light, still decently damp, but it’s still not a ski I would want to ski inbounds as a everyday/ after storm ski. It is fun in chop tho

On hard snow however it feels much wider than 105 and it feels more slarvy and surfy due to the wide tapered tip, it carves but is not super strong on edge. It’s a great ski and awesome for touring, but I would not want it is a inbounds ride for everyday.

I think you would the bmx105hp on the other hand. Not too stiff in the tip, has energy and is awesome on firm.
    Have to agree with Mr P on this about his comments on bmx105hp vs. Kore105. Kore105 a little wider in both the tip and tail, hooks up quicker, damp for a light ski without much chatter. It is my touring ski and is setup with a dynafit binding, which incidentally the ski and me should be on our way to Durrand Glacier hut for next week...fuk you covid. Would be curious to ski it with pivots and langes to see how that feels. It was the Powder mag ski of the year a few years ago if that means anything.

bmx105hp is a special ski. Maybe one of the best I have owned?? Just the right amount of early rise in the tip and tail, right amount of camber and some Ti. A do everything ski and has been my travel ski of choice. I almost wish they came in a 19_ something length. But really though the 188 length makes them ski a little more precise. Skibrd...I think you already know of the awesomeness of Kastle skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Fred - Nice Quiver! Would love a comparison of the Enforcer 110 191 to the Rustler 11 192. I have the Enforcer 110 191 and Rustler 11 188...love the idea of a little more ski in the Rustler.
    I just got the E110 late this season and sadly only got to ski them twice before the shutdown and that was on shit/fuk conditions. But I did like what I felt. Crazy how well it carves. I guess I like a camber in a ski. R11 192 is only 4 mm wider but skis wider. It will be resort pow ski for me. Great in the untracked. Pretty sure I will like the E110 better in crud. Takes a lot more effort to carve the R11 and maintain those high edge angles. Sorry don't have much...

Have to agree with Mr P on this about his comments on bmx105hp vs. Kore105. Kore105 a little wider in both the tip and tail, hooks up quicker, damp for a light ski without much chatter. It is my touring ski and is setup with a dynafit binding, which incidentally the ski and me should be on our way to Durrand Glacier hut for next week...fuk you covid. Would be curious to ski it with pivots and langes to see how that feels. It was the Powder mag ski of the year a few years ago if that means anything.

bmx105hp is a special ski. Maybe one of the best I have owned?? Just the right amount of early rise in the tip and tail, right amount of camber and some Ti. A do everything ski and has been my travel ski of choice. I almost wish they came in a 19_ something length. But really though the 188 length makes them ski a little more precise. Skibrd...I think you already know of the awesomeness of Kastle skis.
    I’ve stayed away from the BMX 105 HP cause it’s an 189, not a 193, but my balance on a ski is better after a ton of work by WSTdeep, so I don’t think I’d mind the 189 any more. Oh I know the Kastle magic well, and have been very lucky to find them lightly used at a huge discount. Guess I’ll have to add an eBay reminder for BMX 105 HP.

Thanks guys.

I just got the E110 late this season and sadly only got to ski them twice before the shutdown and that was on shit/fuk conditions. But I did like what I felt. Crazy how well it carves. I guess I like a camber in a ski. R11 192 is only 4 mm wider but skis wider. It will be resort pow ski for me. Great in the untracked. Pretty sure I will like the E110 better in crud. Takes a lot more effort to carve the R11 and maintain those high edge angles. Sorry don't have much...
    That small bit actually helps. On paper the skis seem very similar. The 188 R11 is slightly narrower than the 192 R11 (114 vs 116), but the 188 loads up on groomers pretty well. I like the lightness of the R11, but it does lose some stability in variable snow. It feels like a stronger ski than the Enforcer 110, but the Enforcer seems more damp. I agree that the R11 is great for pow. The Enforcer 110 seeme like a more versatile ski, especially here in the PNW.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

0G95/178 with solly Mtn. Mixed feelings here but mostly a big fan for their intended purpose

184 Moment WC 108 w/ radical 12. Would love a different binding, that said I’ve never had an issue over 100s of days. Just a great daily driver. Maybe would go 190 length and be a bit happier.

183 bentchetler. Rock ski. Love it.

186 j skis metal. Great all rounder. Occasionally feel the recommended mount is a little off. Generally love them

190 bibbys. Favorite resort pow/chop ski. Bought from @mattig

189 armada bubbas. Can’t decide weather to put an alpine binding or small tech binding on it. Any advice?

Boots are both technica; 0G pro tour and Cochise 130.

Missing a pow touring/“sidecountry” setup. Ideally that would be two different sets of skis. Ski mostly Jackson and surrounding bc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Get.Kronk View Post

0G95/178 with solly Mtn. Mixed feelings here but mostly a big fan for their intended purpose

184 Moment WC 108 w/ radical 12. Would love a different binding, that said I’ve never had an issue over 100s of days. Just a great daily driver. Maybe would go 190 length and be a bit happier.

183 bentchetler. Rock ski. Love it.

186 j skis metal. Great all rounder. Occasionally feel the recommended mount is a little off. Generally love them

190 bibbys. Favorite resort pow/chop ski. Bought from @mattig

189 armada bubbas. Can’t decide weather to put an alpine binding or small tech binding on it. Any advice?

Boots are both technica; 0G pro tour and Cochise 130.

Missing a pow touring/“sidecountry” setup. Ideally that would be two different sets of skis. Ski mostly Jackson and surrounding bc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nicely put together

Maybe a tech bindings on the Bubba for a pow touring/sidecountry set up? Seem like it would be a blast on deep days.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I'm on my second pair and stupidly sold a minty backup pair. Are your 193s the "spurred" version? How would you compare them in dee chop? Snowbird gets skied out pretty quick so its an important quality for my quiver.
    The 193s are the “spurred” ones. Unfortunately I only got one day out on them before the unpleasantness started. It was a wind blown day so there were some big drifts, but that was it. They didn’t seem to ski much different than the 186s, just a little longer.
    Goddamn I love the 186s. They stayed in my truck all season.

Sent from inside the house
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

In light of Kirby's semantics re: quiver vs collection, here is this years quiver.

Name:	33102080_Unknown.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	325201
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Nice, I used to ski the LP105, the XXL and the Intuitive as well. Sold all of them over the years. Miss the XXL, which I should not have sold.