Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Whistler 2013-14

Pretty sure I just got first tracks down Roundhouse Roll yesterday.

Biking in the snow was quite the humbling experience. Scorpion face-shots to follow....

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Pretty sure I just got first tracks down Roundhouse Roll yesterday.

Biking in the snow was quite the humbling experience. Scorpion face-shots to follow....
    what?! where's the sled?!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

fkna that is a really cool pic....

YA when the sled video coming out....saw the trailer need to see the whole thing......rock on NADIA
    always forward but never straight

That claim is all yours, Nads!

I was wondering when this thread would start.... A little late, isn't it? Who's been up already? How are things looking?

^ clearly you've already missed this year's drama-fest. WB special.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ey-Lake-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    ^ clearly you've already missed this year's drama-fest. WB special.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ey-Lake-Thread
    Weird. The duffy is in an entirely different climate/snowpack zone from resort. Conditions & snowpack aren't even remotely similar. So we're making the south coast/north shore mountains/whistler resort/duffy and all the snowmobile accessed goods into one thread this year? Errrmagawd.

I didn't even see that thread, then again I don't really want to hear a bunch of "hippies" whining about how there were 50+ people at Wendy Thompson hut on the weekend. I might have gone full on redneck in the past few years - forgive me. If we're doing one thread about everything from White Rock to Bralorne to Lilooet - prepare to be bombarded with radmobiling in that thread as well since it's "grab bag" everything and anything.

Is there no way to have a "Whistler" thread for "Whistler" and a Duffey thread for the Duffey? Snowpack alone should dictate separate threads to mitigate confusion about avalanche risk since they are QUITE different and a hundred km's apart. Let alone for people looking for rides to and from the city/whis or resort riding partners? idk.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post

Is there no way to have a "Whistler" thread for "Whistler" and a Duffey thread for the Duffey? Snowpack alone should dictate separate threads to mitigate confusion about avalanche risk since they are QUITE different and a hundred km's apart. Let alone for people looking for rides to and from the city/whis or resort riding partners? idk.
    Agreed. I started a Duffy thread. Fight the power. http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...fy-Lake-Thread

If you want a snowpack thread start one in the Conditions and Weather forum.

Put sled and touring and lift served stoke/jibber jabber/bitching/whinning/bragging for the whole Sea to Sky from White Rock to Bralorne in one thread.

Morons looking for a ride from the city should put that crap in the Hook Ups section.

I'm going to start the Whistler 2013/2014 Weekday Only stoke thread because I don't ski on weekends and don't want a bunch of weekend shit cunting up my weekday stoke.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I'm going to start the Whistler 2013/2014 Weekday Only stoke thread because I don't ski on weekends and don't want a bunch of weekend shit cunting up my weekday stoke.
    I'm in. Suck on that Citiot weekenders!

Then can we have a Duffey Lake weekends only thread for all the resort skiing wannabe tourons who bug out from the resort and cunt up the Duffey on weekends too?

hiking up creekside saturday to get some riding in. anyone want to come help take a rail up to the snow line?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    Then can we have a Duffey Lake weekends only thread for all the resort skiing wannabe tourons who bug out from the resort and cunt up the Duffey on weekends too?
    I'm in. Suck on that dust on crust weekday skiers!

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    If you want a snowpack thread start one in the Conditions and Weather forum.

Put sled and touring and lift served stoke/jibber jabber/bitching/whinning/bragging for the whole Sea to Sky from White Rock to Bralorne in one thread.

Morons looking for a ride from the city should put that crap in the Hook Ups section.
    I'm simply saying that people will post snowpack data in the threads in ski/snowboard regardless. To avoid confusion from people reading it who may not realize that they are separate areas personally I think it might be advisable.

PS - when was the last time ANYONE ever checked or posted in the Hook up forum? People always post ride stuff in the Whistler thread, etc.

Either way, if a mod comes by feel free to delete this thread since I guess it's not relevant/everything is in 1 thread this year. To anyone who missed the internet sarcasm in my previous post - I'm sorry

I demand a Creekside only thread. I don't want to hear about anything happening East of the Red Chair.
    Last edited by Clownshoe; 10-10-2013 at 06:39 PM.

This thread is getting lamer by the day....

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    I demand a Creekside only thread. I don't want to hear about anything happening East of the Red Chair.
    Southside, yo!

I don't see snow in the first post of the other thread.... just saying. People starting winter stoke threads when they don't have any stoke to post is weak sauce. Last year was the same.

Nadia posted some real stoke here, so props to her. The meeting of summer-fun with winter-fun is pretty cool.

Also - IMO both the Harmony zone and Joffre zone should have their own separate threads - There'll be about the same number of people in each this season!
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Splat did tell me he liked his pussy like he liked his ski boots. I guess he meant dank, stinky and a bit packed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I don't see snow in the first post of the other thread.... just saying. People starting winter stoke threads when they don't have any stoke to post is weak sauce. Last year was the same.

Nadia posted some real stoke here, so props to her. The meeting of summer-fun with winter-fun is pretty cool.

Also - IMO both the Harmony zone and Joffre zone should have their own separate threads - There'll be about the same number of people in each this season!
    It's too bad, there should be some unspoken rule; stoke or GTFO.

If only half the people posting about "why area "x" deserves it's own thread" realized that the joke was lame and played out after the first person.. it's not really that funny. Thanks for your awesome contribution. This is another reason why I don't tend to post here anymore. This place has gone from most people posting stoke TR's to some cesspool of bantering, and people thinking they're witty posting shitty played out jokes which whatever, I guess it's fun when you're in the office but not really the reasons why I started coming here years ago.

I'll be posting lots of photos & videos on my fb page throughout the winter. I try to put content up regularly. Find me on there

I'm only here for the banter

Why does every one from Colorado hate each other?
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Why does every one from Colorado hate each other?
    You beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    I'm only here for the banter
    hear hear, didn't realize this had to be only for the seriouzbidness

I'll bring some scenery stoke/crappy stitch job pano to appease the gods from the other day at Wedgemount Lake...HS 0cm

The unfunny banter will continue until we start getting face shots. It's just the way it is this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    The unfunny banter will continue until we start getting face shots. It's just the way it is this time of year.
    I wager that'll continue well into winter