Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    My biggest problem is always reaching for the one hitter at the top of climbs. God damn, even pack-less I always figure a way to carry.
    and as you go to spark up ten people show up out of no where wondering what smells like weed

I've been riding my new long, low and slack bike all summer and now my other bikes feel too small, short and steep. Goddamn it.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    and as you go to spark up ten people show up out of no where wondering what smells like weed
    must have stirred up a skunk in the bushes........

Can't do a wheelie.... Been trying for 25+ years, maybe I just need to accept that it ain't gonna happen....

Mosquitos are back. Come on winter

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

The biggest problem I have is that I can't go ride my goddamn bike in Canada. Including the fucking expensive bike that I bought early last spring that's complete overkill for all of my local trails that was bought mostly to use on my semi-monthly escapes to the better trails in Canada. Although now this problem is becoming "I can't go skiing in Canada."

*I don't blame the Canadians for not letting me in. It's a shit show down here.

Quote Originally Posted by CMSIV View Post
    Can't do a wheelie.... Been trying for 25+ years, maybe I just need to accept that it ain't gonna happen....
    https://www.ryanleech.com/wheelies/
    bumps are for poor people

Haha, $30 bucks to learn how to do wheelie! All right, I'm interested!

dentists on E bikes riding downhill not yielding to uphill traffic

It was free during the lockdown. i still haven't finished it yet on account of the knee replacement. Looking forward to it as I used to be able to ride them all day. Trying to relearn with the bad knee hurt a lot. There is a major part of a lesson devoted to different knee angles used which is probably why.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, just going from 30 to 28 is a big difference. That may be all you need.
    Going from 30t-28t is a bigger difference than going from 32t-30t because math.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Sometimes looking for a lower gear and having to hike a bike. This just may be my out of shape self. Going to try 26t chainring vs my current 30t

I run a 28 oval & 11-42 11sp on one rig, it gets me all over New England and a trip to Sun Valley / Ketchum last year. Actually I wouldn't have minded an e-bike for that trip

Buddy’s sons asked him to pay for that. He challenged them to watch YouTube vids and practice for 30 days and if they still couldn’t wheelie he’d pay for the course. One got good enough and quit at 15. The other did the full 30 and is a wheelie master. Not saying it’s not worth it but focusing anything for 30 days is going to make you better at it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Buddy’s sons asked him to pay for that. He challenged them to watch YouTube vids and practice for 30 days and if they still couldn’t wheelie he’d pay for the course. One got good enough and quit at 15. The other did the full 30 and is a wheelie master. Not saying it’s not worth it but focusing anything for 30 days is going to make you better at it.
    I had a lot of extra time in the spring and loosely followed the Ryan leech program (when it was free), and was very stoked on improvement. I'm considering spending $ on more of it. That being said it's kind of like gym training or similar, being signed up for a program keeps you committed and if you can do like half an hour of dedicated practice a day for a month with the fundamental pointers you can probably get the same results.

New problem. I can’t ride tech that is hidden under leaves. I was constantly spinning and sliding my tires today. I don’t know how to solve this other than riding easier trails until leaf season in over.

Cam strap a leaf blower to your top tube.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    New problem. I can’t ride tech that is hidden under leaves. I was constantly spinning and sliding my tires today. I don’t know how to solve this other than riding easier trails until leaf season in over.
    35m rims + 2.6 tire and much lower pressures.

but relistically just try to stay centered and memomirise the trail so you can unweight where you need to.

What ever you do, do not leaf blow the trails. That takes away organic matter and makes the trail less grippy next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    My age and weight...
    This ...

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Tire pressure and a smoother riding style. Everyone fails to clean a line covered in leaves, so don't sweat it either.

We have trails we don't blow and others that we blow the shit out of. There is no "one fits all" solution for one of the dumbest internet mtn bike debates ever. The dummies like bushwacka and Rog think they have all the answers.

Explaining to people that 26" ain't dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fiedler (Not Neil Armstrong) View Post
    Explaining to people that 26" ain't dead...
    Certainly not going away for dirt jumpers.

At the moment...this fucking moron.

You cannot even imagine someone painting the woods so much.

He (assuming a he) did it last year and we tried to rub/scrape it off the trees to no avail, so we painted flat black over it. Flipped rocks upside down. So the fucktard comes back this year and does even more.

The yellow arrow isn't even the line. Its up and over the rock. This guy is brain dead.

Wtf?!

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Wtf?!
    Seconded.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Seconded.
    We had a dude do that in the Wasatch for a while to mark approach trails to various crags. Crags which were about 10 minutes from the road, in every guidebook, and had been visited by climbers for 20+ years. You could have found your way there drunk in the dark.
    There were a few rounds of scrubbing the paint just so it would reappear soon after. Then he decided to chip the name of the walls and arrows in big old blocks on the side of the trail. Those were flipped with great effort to hide the stuff. He eventually moved on to other idiotic pursuits.
    Kooks gonna kook.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise