Page 129 of 151 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3764
    Yeah. I did 540 the other day and it wrecked me. Though it was with Texas crosswinds all day

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Ha. No kidding! I don’t know if I’ll actually try for an iron butt, but I’m 3k into a 12,000 mile/65 day trip right now. Riding to see a game at every MLB ballpark.
    Awesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 2.46.15 PM.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	494.7 KB 
ID:	418460

Good time to take a break

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 2.46.15 PM.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	494.7 KB 
ID:	418460

Good time to take a break
    You've got some timing with that shudder. Impressive

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Ha. No kidding! I don’t know if I’ll actually try for an iron butt, but I’m 3k into a 12,000 mile/65 day trip right now. Riding to see a game at every MLB ballpark.
    That is awesome. My oldest kid would kill to be you.

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    That is awesome. My oldest kid would kill to be you.
    Thanks! Been planning/scheming this thing for like seven years. Definitely a bucket list sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    You've got some timing with that shudder. Impressive

Ha. Not really. Just had the GoPro rolling and exported a frame from the video.

subscribed fkna!

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

I’m putting out some YouTube videos every week if people are interested in following along.

https://youtu.be/cLmtoL6D6pE

I’m putting out some YouTube videos every week if people are interested in following along.

https://youtu.be/cLmtoL6D6pE
    FUCK Yeah!! I am following. Enjoy your trip. Would like to see more coastal footage on the way, but I enjoyed all of your videos. Have fun, and ride safe. Itinerary?
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Put new tires, tubes, and brakes on both the bikes. Now we just need to get them up to the hills to play cuz they're less fun down here in town!

Name:  20220612_120203-02.jpeg
Views: 609
Size:  114.9 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Supermoon - very cool, keep bringing that viddy.

I was literally saying " lane splitting " right before you started.

No MLB action near Jackson Hole, but if ya need a place to crash and work on the moto you're welcome here.
    And the local riding is amazing.

Ride smart, stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Put new tires, tubes, and brakes on both the bikes. Now we just need to get them up to the hills to play cuz they're less fun down here in town!

Name:  20220612_120203-02.jpeg
Views: 609
Size:  114.9 KB
    Talked to a guy yesterday who was trying to get a SurRon registered as street legal here in Summit county. Wonder how that'll work out. He seemed to think it could be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Supermoon - very cool, keep bringing that viddy.

I was literally saying " lane splitting " right before you started.

No MLB action near Jackson Hole, but if ya need a place to crash and work on the moto you're welcome here.
    And the local riding is amazing.

Ride smart, stay safe.
    Thanks Djongo! If I come through JH I will definitely reach out.

Yeah, not sure why it took me so long to do it. Turned into not a big deal as soon as I did. On a Philly-Boston-NYC-DC stretch now and I am wishing I had that option. Lol

Has anyone here ridden a Kenda Big Block and can compare it to anything else?

My Versys 300 came with Big Blocks on it - I'm new so I don't really know any better, but I find them pretty squirmy and wander a lot on pavement, especially godforsaken grooved concrete. Although I want to get into riding more dirt eventually realistically I'm almost always on pavement right now. Kenda claims these are designed for 60% pavement 40% dirt but I'm not sure I buy that given the big knobby tread.

The bike also came with the stock Continental TKC 60s which I'm sure would be much better on pavement but look completely worthless for dirt.

I'm wondering about something like a Mitas E-07? They market them as a 50/50 tire but the chevron pattern sure seems like it'd be a lot friendlier on pavement to me...

Thanks Djongo! If I come through JH I will definitely reach out.

Yeah, not sure why it took me so long to do it. Turned into not a big deal as soon as I did. On a Philly-Boston-NYC-DC stretch now and I am wishing I had that option. Lol
    Pretty sure we r way north of your itinerary, but you're welcome to crash at the base of the Adirondacks at our place. Might be a mandatory barefoot waterski session though.

No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Pretty sure we r way north of your itinerary, but you're welcome to crash at the base of the Adirondacks at our place. Might be a mandatory barefoot waterski session though.

Thanks for that! Will definitely reach out if I end up that way. I’ll have to pass on the barefoot though. Fastest way to end this trip would be for me to get behind a boat to do anything but surf

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    ...tire but the chevron pattern sure seems like it'd be a lot friendlier on pavement to me...
    Look for a tire with a center line of contact for roadworthy-ness. Even intermittent centerline patterns with "some" spacing are road friendly. Graduate to a more dirt worthy tire as needed.

Determine how much of the cross section of the tire you will use on the road and how much otherwise. Look for a pattern that appeals to your current understand and put less weight on the PR Department mumbo-jumbo

Get an opportunity to wheel around in the dirt on your more road worth tires. Let some air out
    ​I am not in your hurry

New shoes this morning. Got almost 8k out of the OEM tires, which is ok I guess. They only had Harley tires that would fit my Africa Twin and weren’t like 80/20 dirt tires.

Name:	IMG_8387.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	183.4 KB 
ID:	419501

Went searching the Everglades for gators, but was unsuccessful. Fack it’s hot down here. What idiot decided it would be a good idea to arrive in south Florida on the summer solstice? This idiot.

Name:	IMG_8392.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	419502

This was the most careful I’ve ever been walking up to the edge of a river.

Name:	IMG_8394.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	419503

Got to ride Deals Gap today. What a great ride. Took it easy since I have never been there and I’m on a fully loaded ADV, but worth the couple hour detour for sure.

Name:	IMG_8495.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	419683

Name:	IMG_8489.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	419684

Name:	IMG_8485.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	210.4 KB 
ID:	419685

Nice, and on fresh rubber to boot.

Hot there? Grippy roads?

Yeah, no traction issues, but I was babying it. I saw 109 into ATL yesterday, so this was a nice and cool 98 when I rode it

I took a Zero for a ride the other day. First time on an electric bike. The torque and constant power from 0 to top speed is wild. No speed shifting necessary...or available .
    Multiple driving modes including "rain" which would be interesting. I was in "canyon" mode mostly ripping around the Santa Cruz mountains. The regen is heavy in that mode therefore I didn't even need to use the brakes. It was wild. Such a different experience and very enjoyable.
    I was questioning whether I'd like not shifting, but it didn't bother me. Just twisting the throttle to launch forward at any speed without having to downshift was smooth and fast.

Sur Ron on order. For the wife *wink*. Can’t wait to test it out on some local singletrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Sur Ron on order. For the wife *wink*. Can’t wait to test it out on some local singletrack.
    Have to admit I'm intrigued by these. I shuttled a moto trail this weekend (on my MTB) that was fucking awesome, but it would be a pain in the ass to do it without a shuttle and I'm only going to get so many free shuttles out of the wife. Saw two dudes pedaling up, looked like it sucked and they didn't make it to the top. Then I saw a dude on an e-bike going up and that looked a lot more reasonable but since e-bikes are only allowed on motorized trail around here why not just get a moto? If only a Sur Ron was street legal...

What's the lightest, cheapest, singletrack capable, street legal, motorized two wheeled contraption?