Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Sorry, but you have to also add in all the lives people use guns to prematurely end in the total utility value. Your maybe one time ever doesn't outweight the millions and millions killed worldwide every year. Now, using it for suicide might count for something positive if you're worthless otherwise..
    Millions and millions huh?... https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gun-dea...e-study-finds/

Bro. Grab you some facts before posting.

Those 250k are replenished in less than 72 hours............................................. .............

Save the HUMANS!
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Millions and millions huh?... https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gun-dea...e-study-finds/

Bro. Grab you some facts before posting.
    Point noted. 250K a year versus zero is still the same as millions versus zero..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

There are plenty of people that deserve to die and a gun is the most useful tool for that. Take a stroll through the POS thread.

You are assuming that all gun deaths are bad.

Gaining 33 million plus humans a year.... 250k is kind of a rounding error no?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Point noted. 250K a year versus zero is still the same as millions versus zero..
    Did you hear about the 12 year old boy who was chained in a bathtub and weighed 50 lbs when found dead... Father and Step Mother are both good hollow point recipients.

There are plenty of people that deserve to die and a gun is the most useful tool for that. Take a stroll through the POS thread.

Did you hear about the 12 year old boy who was chained in a bathtub and weighed 50 lbs when found dead... Father and Step Mother are both good hollow point recipients.
    This right here is why some people should never be allowed to ever own a gun, thinking vigilante justice is moral.

Yes, some people should just be shot, after a trial tho...

Are you fucking dumb?

4th post this turned to how the US is worse with its gun violence. Not the case.

Take a lap. You mentioned anti abortion bull shit because you have no real thoughts of your own. I am very pro choice. Last thing we need is more of you.

Manufactured crisis is manufactured. Better make some more laws!!!!!
    So there is thread drift?

And not everyone is taking about you Bobby. I know it is hard to understand, but I don’t give a fuck that you are “very pro choice”.

Glad to hear you know who should live and who should die based on an Internet thread tho. You’re my hero.

And love recycled buttahflake lines. Very original.

UK is on track to have 78,000 stabbings by the years end. 2018 saw 57,523 examples of gun violence in the US. 21k so far this year.
    Um... no. Let examine deaths:

UK: "The number of knife-related homicides went from 272 in 2007 to 186 in 2015. Since then it's risen every year, with a steep increase in 2017-18, when there were 285 killings, the highest figure since 1946." https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42749089

and US: "There were 39,773 gun deaths in 2017, up by more than 1,000 from the year before." https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/us/gun-deaths.html

DEATH ON THE SHELVES
    Amazon, Tesco and Argos caught selling knives to underage teens amid Britain’s stabbing epidemic by BBC Watchdog
    It is illegal in England and Wales for shops to sell knives with a fixed blade of more than three inches long to anyone under the age of 18

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/902255...nderage-teens/

Retailers currently face six months in jail or a fine of up to £5,000 for underage knife sales.
    However a 16-year-old actress was able to purchase a kitchen knife from three major retailers.
    In an undercover BBC Watchdog investigation Tesco sold a knife to the 16-year-old in three out of five stores visited, while Argos sold a blade in one.
    All five Amazon drivers delivered knives to the 16-year-old without checking ID - breaking the retail giant's age check policy and the government's voluntary agreement on sale of knives to which the retailer has signed up.
    Wilkos, Asda and TK Maxx did not sell a knife to the underage investigator.
    All six retailers signed up to a voluntary code last year committing to check the ID of anyone they suspect of being under 21 before selling or delivering a knife to them.

'VERY CONCERNING'

Duncan Ball, Knife Crime Lead at the National Police Chiefs Council, slammed the retailers for selling knives to underage teens.
    He said: "Finding out a young person has been able to purchase knives is very concerning.
    "Broadly we find that about a fifth to a quarter of stores do supply to young people. Predominantly we see knives that are easily obtainable, so in the main it is kitchen knives."
    Last year bargain superstore B&M was fined a record £480,000 after selling knives to teens as young as 14 in East London.
    The retailer admitted selling blades to under-18s after being caught in council undercover stings on three occasions.
    Police and trading standards officials sent four teenagers into stores in Barking and Chadwell Heath where they were able to purchase blades, including a large carving knife.

29 TEENS KNIFED TO DEATH IN LONDON

On Sunday night Junior McCauley, 18, became the ninth teen knifed to death in London this year when he was chased and stabbed to death in Southwark.
    The teen was the 29th person to be killed by a knife in London this year and the 46th murder probe launched by Scotland Yard.
    Last Wednesday night 15-year-old Tashaun Aird, an aspiring music producer, was knifed to death in Hackney. His death made him the youngest person to be killed by a blade attack after Jaden Moodie, 14, was murdered in January.
    Figures last week revealed five young people are attacked with a knife every day in London.
    In response to the shocking findings, a spokesman for Amazon said: "We take our responsibility in relation to the sale of knives extremely seriously and follow all regulations.
    "Drivers undergo training in age verification delivery, regular audits monitor compliance and if drivers fail to follow our guidelines they will face action which can include no longer delivering orders to our customers."
    A Tesco spokesman said: "The responsible sale of knives is something we take very seriously and so we are disappointed to learn of the results of Watchdog's tests and we apologise for this.
    "We have comprehensive protocols in place to oversee the sale of knives including regular training and assessment for all store colleagues, unannounced test purchases, prompts on our tills to remind colleagues to ask for proof of age, security tagging and ongoing engagement with local police authorities. We will be reiterating these protocols and highlighting their importance in the stores tested in the investigation.

"We no longer sell knives in Tesco Express or through our home delivery service, and we are phasing out the sale of knives in Tesco Metros and single knives in over half of our large stores.
    "Where we do continue to sell knives, as part of our kitchen range, we will introduce enhanced measures around their sale and security."
    Argos said: "We have clear responsibilities as a retailer and operate a strict Think 25 policy our colleagues are trained to enforce. We're urgently investigating why this process was not followed in this case."

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    So there is thread drift?

And not everyone is taking about you Bobby. I know it is hard to understand, but I don’t give a fuck that you are “very pro choice”.

Glad to hear you know who should live and who should die based on an Internet thread tho. You’re my hero.

And love recycled buttahflake lines. Very original.
    maf is hard and people are cars

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Um... no. Let examine deaths:

UK: "The number of knife-related homicides went from 272 in 2007 to 186 in 2015. Since then it's risen every year, with a steep increase in 2017-18, when there were 285 killings, the highest figure since 1946." https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42749089

and US: "There were 39,773 gun deaths in 2017, up by more than 1,000 from the year before." https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/us/gun-deaths.html
    Stabbings... not deaths. Read.

Also, you cant include suicides as those are self inflicted and the thread is about stabbings. Not cutting ones wrists and stabbings or seppuku and stabbings.

You posted 2017 and not 2018 gun deaths not shooting deaths (As in getting shot)... Included suicides.... Any other fillers you need?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    That makes two attacks this morning, five this week...and more than 39,000 in just six months. Quietly, a brutal, deadly knife attack epidemic is overwhelming residents and police forces throughout the United Kingdom."

In Japan, the hand can be used as a knife

https://youtu.be/_I0KmyqNXCE

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    maf is hard and people are cars
    Apparently reading and well written arguments are hard for Spook.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

All cited and linked to the news articles.

Again for the slower members of the forum. We are comparing stabbings (getting stabbed) with shootings (getting shot).....

Are people still confused? We know Spook and Carl are having trouble with some topics here.

No where in the articles or thread has suicide or abortion rights been brought up or have any bearing on the topic.

Apparently reading and well written arguments are hard for Spook.
    i have yet to see anything of the sort from you ever outside of cars, of course. give me a heads up when you are trying.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i have yet to see anything of the sort from you ever outside of cars, of course. give me a heads up when you are trying.
    You could simply get a calculator out and look at the posted data?

Unfortunately you lack the ability to objectively look at actual facts. You prefer Carls inflated numbers and general bad information.

Granted you were unlucky and got caught up in a shooting. Carl is just making himself look uneducated on the topic at hand.

All cited and linked to the news articles.

Again for the slower members of the forum. We are comparing stabbings (getting stabbed) with shootings (getting shot).....

Are people still confused? We know Spook and Carl are having trouble with some topics here.

No where in the articles or thread has suicide or abortion rights been brought up or have any bearing on the topic.
    Not so bright are you - or just disingenuously trying to reframe the topic? My topic - from the onset - has been how the lack of access to effective weapons (guns) has resulted in less deadly outcomes. I consider the # of deaths from said incidents to be a fantastic metric for the discussion.

From my first post, early in this thread:

better alternative title: unable to attain guns, assailants resort to much less effective means thus limiting causalities

THIS is a knife I'd bring to a gunfight.

Name:  goumiers1.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  88.8 KB
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Not so bright are you - or just disingenuously trying to reframe the topic? My topic - from the onset - has been how the lack of access to effective weapons (guns) has resulted in less deadly outcomes. I consider the # of deaths from said incidents to be a fantastic metric for the discussion.

From my first post, early in this thread:
    Except the thread is about stabbings in the UK and shootings in the US. Not deaths and definitely not suicides.

But good for you for being in your own La La Land. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    "On Wednesday, London police responded to separate stabbings within hours of each other, the victims, a young boy believed to be in his teens and a man, were sent to the hospital with life-threatening or serious stab wounds. That makes two attacks this morning, five this week...and more than 39,000 in just six months. Quietly, a brutal, deadly knife attack epidemic is overwhelming residents and police forces throughout the United Kingdom."
    From the first post in the thread. Maybe give it another read.

Please tell me how suicides come in to play here?

You have also completely over looked that the US is 5 times the size of UK, has 350 million guns in it, yet still sees less shootings than the UK sees stabbings.

As I said earlier. It is a good damn thing those savages dont have the weaponry we do.

So far this year we have had 21,541 incidents with gun violence. We will most likely see another drop in those like last year.

Except the thread is about stabbings in the UK and shootings in the US. Not deaths and definitely not suicides.

But good for you for being in your own La La Land. Lol.

From the first post in the thread. Maybe give it another read.

Please tell me how suicides come in to play here?
    Oh triggered Bobby is the best Bobby. Picks a random comment from some other poster and hangs on for dear life. I suggest you re-review the thread because the first relevant response and most the subsequent ones are about how less effective knife attacks are vs. guns. The framing shift happened with your posts - a Bobby special!

Remove suicides from gun death numbers - US (gun #s) vs. UK (knife #s) is still tens of thousands vs. a few hundred deaths.

gun deaths are bad because courts decide innocence or guilt, not people with guns or knives or what ever.

obviously self defense is a given, but in reality, self defense quickly morhs into "stand your ground" and then all of a sudden there are dead black men cluttering up the sidewalks

Uhh thats the OPs first post in the thread and it kind of is the topic. LOL.

Stabbings... The thread is about stabbings.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    gun deaths are bad because courts decide innocence or guilt, not people with guns or knives or what ever.

obviously self defense is a given, but in reality, self defense quickly morhs into "stand your ground" and then all of a sudden there are dead black men cluttering up the sidewalks
    That still doesn't render the gun a useless tool. Its meant for killing something and they do that well.

I also agreed that its good the UK doesn't have access to guns. Its obvious they are too violent for them.