Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Yeah, Mill D ain't steep by any stretch. What else did you ride here?
    Mostly rode variations off the crest into both PC and Big Cottonwood sides. I thought the riding was super fun - that perfect angle where you can ride stupid fast with confidence and don't need to be on the brakes. Didn't get enough time to explore all of the options - nutty how many trails are in the Wasatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I think we'll start with a Jimmys/Parallel lap and go from there based on how he's feeling.
    That's a solid plan. He'll be totally fine on FB after a lap or two, I just wouldn't start there. Have done that with a few pals and it didn't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    . RideIt, is the Horseshoe area you recommended have a preferred route? I.E. Up channel Lock down bovine or vice versa?
    I tend to do it this way (with one out of every three or four times in reverse)
    Up Bovine
    Out Sharks Belly
    Down Probation (super fun)
    Up Burg (punchy climb)
    Down Bumper/cody's loop/ sodbuster (swoopy)
    Up/around Southbound (sickest views)
    Down either Channel lock (gate at bottom)
    Or down Bovine (no gate)
    There is a little bonus single track as well if that is not enough.
    About 14-15 miles.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I tend to do it this way (with one out of every three or four times in reverse)
    Up Bovine
    Out Sharks Belly
    Down Probation (super fun)
    Up Burg (punchy climb)
    Down Bumper/cody's loop/ sodbuster (swoopy)
    Up/around Southbound (sickest views)
    Down either Channel lock (gate at bottom)
    Or down Bovine (no gate)
    There is a little bonus single track as well if that is not enough.
    About 14-15 miles.
    I prefer it the other direction, but it rides pretty well both ways.

You guys have some great riding. Did a Fuzzy/Parallel then a Lithium lap Friday,
    Horseshoe, crashed and tore my derailleur cable up on probation, but did the up channel lock, to sharks belly, down that and bovine, great trails there, and finished off with the Targhee IMBA epic loop yesterday. DTM, pretty sure I saw you descending targhee from the Trap deck at one point sunday. The all white bike with the shredder grom is hard to miss.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Friday: Only got two laps in at the JH bike park before he way overestimated the amount of speed needed for the big takeoff on the final jump next to the lift base, went full send and wrecked pretty hard. He was OK, but done for the night. A couple bike patrollers saw it and told him it was the biggest they've ever seen anyone go off that jump. They high-fived him and apologetically told him they've actually been meaning to fix that jump.

Saturday: Woke up to threatening clouds in Driggs which quickly turned to rain. Radar showed a line of cells stretching well into Idaho that all appeared to be headed straight for Targhee, so we changed up and hit the pass. Never had to make the Lithium decision since he couldn't be talked into climbing. Rode Jimmys/Parallel and Fuzzy Bunny/Parallel. He cleaned all the techy spots on FB except for the steep turns just above the big rock step-down. Didn't hit many of the jumps on either trail. He was a bit gun-shy from the night before, but mostly you just need to really get to know those trails before you can start getting after it. First time through is sensory overload, and for mere mortals I'd say pre-scoping is mandatory for almost every feature.

Sunday: Absolutely tore up Targhee. Holy crap, that place is awesome. Got six laps in off the top. Rode everything except the lower half of Sticks and Stones. His favorite trail was Rock Garden

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    DTM, pretty sure I saw you descending targhee from the Trap deck at one point sunday. The all white bike with the shredder grom is hard to miss.
    Cool! He definitely turned a few heads yesterday. Really, really need to get back up and explore the XC trails. I could spend the whole summer up there.

My GF and I already talked about moving there, only kind of joking. The XC trails are buff, pretty mellow, but not PC esque at all. great riding
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

How are the trails off the pass looking this spring? Is it unrealistic to plan on riding in 2 weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by steeze_pizza View Post
    How are the trails off the pass looking this spring? Is it unrealistic to plan on riding in 2 weeks?

We will need to wait and see. Two weeks is probably out of the question for Lithium.

We will need to wait and see. Two weeks is probably out of the question for Lithium.
    I figured as much with Lithium. Are folks riding the lowest trails yet? Parallel?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by steeze_pizza View Post
    I figured as much with Lithium. Are folks riding the lowest trails yet? Parallel?

From what I've heard Parallel and Powerline are in, with everything else out a ways still. Probably gonna ride over there this weekend and will report back.

can confirm that lower trails are open but not above powerline yet
    Jimmy's mom will prob be good to go when you plan to be here but we have another cold spell here this weekend so melting up high will be disrupted again.
    skid luxury

may be up there this week for a quick overnight work trip. wondering what xc stuff is rideable in and around Jackson?

Most of the Cache Creek/ Snow King trails should be riding well. Munger area as well.
    As for the Pass XC, you can ride up and back down Phillips Ridge and Canyon, but not loop.
    Definitely worth bringing your bike.

Most of the Cache Creek/ Snow King trails should be riding well. Munger area as well.
    As for the Pass XC, you can ride up and back down Phillips Ridge and Canyon, but not loop.
    Definitely worth bringing your bike.
    awesome. thx!

saw this on instagram.
    I wondered what it was looking like up there on the trails these days and yep- pretty much what I expected.
    freezing overnight again tonight too
    https://www.instagram.com/p/By6ng40l..._web_copy_link
    skid luxury

If Phillips Ridge>Canyon isn’t rideable, I wouldn’t try Lithium/Blacks, myself.
    But I bet the dogs liked that section.

yea not saying I'm heading up there anytime soon but nice to see what the snow level is- still snowy AF
    you must know phil- he rides in any conditions. cant stop wont stop
    skid luxury

I bet the dirt on most of Black’s was freakin’ PRIMO

i bet. rd ferrins/hagen yesterday and it was freakin primo too
    Let's grab a ride soon!
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    i bet. rd ferrins/hagen yesterday and it was freakin primo too
    Let's grab a ride soon!
    Anytime!
    I was going to do around the rock tomorrow, but my ride plan would have put me on top of Teton Pass at 5:00 am (maybe 19 degrees)
    Fuck that, I will do it by myself next week.
    After that I am open for evening rides mainly.

excellent choice
    andrew mentioned this was the official @the block weekend for solstice and I thought it was a bit early but I guess not in more typical yrs
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    saw this on instagram.
    I wondered what it was looking like up there on the trails these days and yep- pretty much what I expected.
    freezing overnight again tonight too
    https://www.instagram.com/p/By6ng40l..._web_copy_link
    Love that photo!