Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Check out this post from the Gorge parking lot: http://www.avalanche.ca/map?panel=mo...2-937a903a5924
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Check out this post from the Gorge parking lot: http://www.avalanche.ca/map?panel=mo...2-937a903a5924
    Yikes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Damn! It’s like early season sketchy days in the eastern Rockies

skiing revie next couple of days if anyone wants to do a lap.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    skiing revie next couple of days if anyone wants to do a lap.
    I was planning a trip to RMR with my MCP but not until until Thurs or Fri or the following week. I might show up at WH20 or Red as well. I won't be doing any bc.

Gary, please report back as to conditions if you are at RMR at all.

Also, a couple days ago CHNL am radio in Kamloops where broadcasting avy warnings, something they normally don't do.

In bounds conditions at Red have been exceptional all week, great coverage, regular top-ups, and no crowds. Not feeling any need to test the stability in the backcountry at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    The wife and I are heading to Sol Mountain from Jan 23-28, but we are flying into Kelowna on Jan 20. My original thought was to ski Revelstoke on Jan 21/22 then make the 3 hr drive to staging in Cherryville early morning on the 23rd. I’m not too keen on the early morning drive.

Does anybody have suggestions for two days of skiing that is a little closer to Kelowna/Vernon?

I’m also going to be skiing solo on 1/30, 1/31 (plans are TBD based on snow - Revy, Kicking Horse, Rogers Pass?). Was thinking of hiring a guide if I end up touring - I’m completely unfamiliar with the area. Any recommendations on guide services?

Other suggestions are good. If you're already in Revy you can request to fly from heliport at Revy rather then Cherryville. If you're set to stage from Cherryville my reco is to stay close to Cherry because that Revy - Salmon Arm road can be a bit stressful and prone to closing due to AvalncheControl.

Guiding services. Book now as everyone's slammed. Just some names i think arent out of country right now but you'll want to ping them asap. Mike bromberg. Joey Vosburgh. John Everts. GregHill.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Other suggestions are good. If you're already in Revy you can request to fly from heliport at Revy rather then Cherryville. If you're set to stage from Cherryville my reco is to stay close to Cherry because that Revy - Salmon Arm road can be a bit stressful and prone to closing due to AvalncheControl.

Guiding services. Book now as everyone's slammed. Just some names i think arent out of country right now but you'll want to ping them asap. Mike bromberg. Joey Vosburgh. John Everts. GregHill.

Would love to have seats on the Revy flight, but that was full already when we booked last January. Thanks for the info on guides.

ww sounds good, I don't have eyes on the hill but the base is deep for this time of year and it keeps snowing with another storm coming mid week.

special shout out to my home hill for doing me a solid as I can't ride this season, which would have been my 20th consecutive year at ww. Treating their long term lovers right. <3 thanks friends!!!

New snow rmr , not busy. Local backcountry is deep and glorious but extra caution is needed right now but lots of options .

Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Rolling right on at stoke chair. Weekenders are down low I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    New snow rmr , not busy. Local backcountry is deep and glorious but extra caution is needed right now but lots of options .

Very dangerous avalanche conditions exist in the Columbias. The situation will likely get worse before it gets better and travel in avalanche terrain is not recommended.

A Special Public Avalanche Warning is in effect in this region.

Great conditions on hill today at rmr

Southern BC interior 2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Very dangerous avalanche conditions exist in the Columbias. The situation will likely get worse before it gets better and travel in avalanche terrain is not recommended.

A Special Public Avalanche Warning is in effect in this region.
    Not all backcountry is avalanche terrain? Or just adding to my extra caution statement? Either way it is piqante and the sun was out this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    Not all backcountry is avalanche terrain? Or just adding to my extra caution statement? Either way it is piqante and the sun was out this afternoon.
    Just passing on the info from the Avy Forecasters. Stay safe guys and gals.

Conditions are great now but next week not looking good. We're suppose to get a brief Alpine inversion/warm up above freezing between Sun-Tues... then cooling off so expect a new icy layer... some hope of snow mid week through until the weekend... Trend is switching to a moist northwest flow by mid week but it looks like the jetstream is going to push south fairly quickly and send he bulk of the moisture to washington, oregon and california for awhile. Might leave BC cool and dry after the brief warm up... not a great combination.

P lot was full. Gondis reaked of beer and puke. Turns out that’s a good thing. Bus tours were hung over and nursin it in the lodge I guess. Met a maggot. Had freshies all day. Chocolate Bavarian petite strudel 6 pac after laps. On sale for $3 at save on. 420grams FKNA

I am a Big fan of food being included in TR's. I can taste the strudels.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Met a maggot. Had freshies all day.
    Hey fuck, me too🤤

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Hey fuck, me too🤤
    Good turns buddeh. Catch ya on the flip side

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    I am a Big fan of food being included in TR's. I can taste the strudels.
    Fuck! I ate half of them. Be lucky if there’s any tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Good turns buddeh. Catch ya on the flip side
    Here's to that man!

Well, I was pondering a road trip up there for this week, but sounds like the weather may turn. Phooey. PNW is hot and wet too.

Gravity always wins...

Fun skiing thru some big ol cedars today

"Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto