Page 1574 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 ... LastLast
Results 39,326 to 39,350 of 46293
    I don't know if this is everywhere but the big box stores around here don't keep shit in stock and want you to order it online from them despite the fact that I can usually buy it cheaper online elsewhere. Recently it was a blu ray player and a couple fairly standard parts to mount a dishwasher.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I don't know if this is everywhere but the big box stores around here don't keep shit in stock and want you to order it online from them despite the fact that I can usually buy it cheaper online elsewhere. Recently it was a blu ray player and a couple fairly standard parts to mount a dishwasher.
    Can you check inventory online before going to the store, saving the trip? Walmart will show you what's in stock at a given store, not sure about others.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Biting off a chunk of the tip of my tongue hard enough that it bled a teeny bit all day.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Can you check inventory online before going to the store, saving the trip? Walmart will show you what's in stock at a given store, not sure about others.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've had horrible luck with that. Lots of stores including Walmart say they have something they don't.

Apple generally has good UI but the Apple Pay CC info mgmt is fucked. I have just one CC (Mastercard) on file, and I recently got sent a replacement (same 16 digit acct). Apple won’t let me update the expiration date and 3 digit code directly … I can only edit the billing address info. OK, as a workaround I figured I’d delete that CC entirely and enter in the new one. Nope, ‘cannot remove CC since payment pending’.

So I thought about it some more, and I think the only way to outsmart this idiotic system is for me to add a totally different CC, THEN delete the Mastercard, then ‘update’ with new Mastercard, then delete the non-MC.

I’d rather just send a stool sample wrapped in aluminum foil to Apple as a stupidity penalty.

Shit that annoys them

I had a buddy that would on occasion mail a box of his shit to company's that annoyed /dicked around / ripped him off. I always tried to point out that he's only fucking with some low level employee that processes the mail and it's completely ridiculous / dangerous / immature etc but he totally believed he was getting some sort of revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I had a buddy that would on occasion mail a box of his shit to company's that annoyed /dicked around / ripped him off. I always tried to point out that he's only fucking with some low level employee that processes the mail and it's completely ridiculous / dangerous / immature etc but he totally believed he was getting some sort of revenge.
    Hope he hasn't done any DNA ancestry tests. Actually, I sort hope he has.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Apple generally has good UI but the Apple Pay CC info mgmt is fucked. I have just one CC (Mastercard) on file, and I recently got sent a replacement (same 16 digit acct). Apple won’t let me update the expiration date and 3 digit code directly … I can only edit the billing address info. OK, as a workaround I figured I’d delete that CC entirely and enter in the new one. Nope, ‘cannot remove CC since payment pending’.

So I thought about it some more, and I think the only way to outsmart this idiotic system is for me to add a totally different CC, THEN delete the Mastercard, then ‘update’ with new Mastercard, then delete the non-MC.

I’d rather just send a stool sample wrapped in aluminum foil to Apple as a stupidity penalty.
    Your issuer should support ABU (Automatic Billing Updater) so you don’t have to do anything at all…. Adding a new card takes all of 5 seconds with the camera, though.
    focus.

This is probably an Ok Boomer rant, but the new way many restaurants are doing business, with QR code menus and online ordering, is super annoying. It's terrible. I hate looking at menus on my phone, and how much money do they really save? But ok, I can manage that.

But the online ordering/paying sucks. One, the system isn't entirely clear (eg, does one person at the table take everyone's order and put it in under their name/card, or does each person order separately?) and there's never any tutorial or explanation. But even if I could get past that as just my boomer rant, the real problems with this system is that it leads to TERRIBLE service. Nobody to answer questions for you, nobody checks in with you, you get food/drinks delivered and that is your only time to ask for help. I mean, sure, it doesn't have to be that way but I have eaten at 3 different establishments that have this system and each time that was the way it worked, all we got was food delivered to us, everything else we had to go find someone if we needed anything.

I realize that this system saves them money on labor costs and helps out with labor shortages, but they actually lose money. Because people are way more likely to order another round or buy dessert if someone asks them. That was the case with us at 2 of the 3 visits, but nobody asked, and we didn't bother to order it ourselves (by the time we actually finished our drinks, we were finished with our food so didn't bother, but if someone had asked while we were 2/3 done with our drinks, we would have ordered another round).

And then, when it comes time to pay, these systems have the gall to suggest 20% or 25% tips. I am a good tipper and always tip at least 20%. WHEN I GET SERVICE. But no way am I tipping that much when the entirety of the service was delivering the food I ordered myself to my table.

/rant
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

And then, when it comes time to pay, these systems have the gall to suggest 20% or 25% tips. I am a good tipper and always tip at least 20%. WHEN I GET SERVICE. But no way am I tipping that much when the entirety of the service was delivering the food I ordered myself to my table.

/rant
    The automated tip suggestions when paying for TAKE OUT have become the norm in my area. Super annoying. And it applies the percentage after tax which makes it seem even more egregious.

SHIT THAT ANNOYS YOU

Getting an email from SCL Health for $9k bill with no details or statement, except a "friendly" link to make payment.

It's one thing to look at a QR code menu, but when doing that opens a tab, which is supposedly linked to everyone else at the table, but you have no way of knowing if it actually is, and when the next day I get a reminder to pay for an order I started before we gave up and had a waiter take the order and paid for with the same waiter--well the system has a lot of bugs. I suppose with time and people getting familiar with the system things will work out, and if does actually help with the labor shortage we may have to live with it. If the system allows a server to handle twice the number of customers than perhaps we will want to cut our tips in half?

Last night the waiter took the order and gave us a paper bill with a QR code to scan. I had to enter my CC--all the stuff you have to enter to order goods on line--which was a pain in the ass.

I won't be going back to either restaurant again--but not because of QR codes. At the first the carnitas burritos were almost entirely filled with rice, with a few little scraps of meet. At the second, which we ate at for the first time since it changed hands, the menu was as unimaginative as I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    you have no way of knowing if it actually is, and when the next day I get a reminder to pay for an order I started before we gave up and had a waiter take the order and paid for with the same waiter--well the system has a lot of bugs
    Maybe they're using the same point of sale payment system as SCL Health?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Restaurant websites are some of the worst websites around next to car dealership sites, and restaurant owners are just famously dumb around tech/customer service, etc. every owner I’ve ever met talks about food costs, labor, and margins 10x what they talk about what experience they are giving their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    This is probably an Ok Boomer rant, but the new way many restaurants are doing business, with QR code menus and online ordering, is super annoying. It's terrible. I hate looking at menus on my phone, and how much money do they really save? But ok, I can manage that.
    It's one thing to look at a QR code menu, but when doing that opens a tab, which is supposedly linked to everyone else at the table, but you have no way of knowing if it actually is, and when the next day I get a reminder to pay for an order I started before we gave up and had a waiter take the order...
    JFC! I haven't seen this yet. I'd probably walk out. I spend enough time staring at screens during the work day, no way I'm want to do it when I'm out to eat, trying to relax and connect with people.

And FWIW I'm 32...

sometimes the future looks pretty shitty

…I won't be going back to either restaurant again….
    That is how I’ll deal with this whole thing.

I just ate at Dennys today and it was the best restaurant experience I’ve had in over two years. And she forgot our napkins.

And to be honest the food was pretty darn good too.

Conversely, I went to a place with a $50 burger the other night and they crashed and burned so hard the waitress basically told us to “just pay what you think is fair”.

So heading into this next Great Recession, I feel like my tastes are adapting subconsciously to what I will be able to afford.

I can count on two hands the number of times I've gone out to eat, or gotten takeout since March, 2020. It sounds like I haven't been missing much. That doesn't annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Adirondack View Post
    I can count on two hands the number of times I've gone out to eat, or gotten takeout since March, 2020. It sounds like I haven't been missing much. That doesn't annoy me.
    Nobody remotely cares Glademaster.
    It annoys me you came back here.

is that turd still here Buzz?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Donner Lake Kitchen--no wifi, no cell service. You have to talk to the people you came with. The horror.

food still good?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Food is great. My DIL was raving about the ham and cheese crepe--except the crepe is a big fluffy pancake.
    Best fries in town by a long shot.

I met some work friends for a beer and food a while back. Service was normal, read a menu, ask for shit, they bring it, blah blah blah. But when it came time to pay, whooo boy - AMAZING.

You'd just scan a QR code on the table and all the shit that the table ordered would come up. You just check off what you want to pay for, how much you want to tip, and badaboom it charges your card and subracts it all from the total. It was the best - makes it easy on the staff to just make one big tab for the table, and makes it easy on everyone else. If you want to pay for just you, fine. Pay for everyone, fine. Pay for you and another person, all good. I loved it.