Page 16 of 929 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I laughed

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    After spending most of the last year taking care of many, many incredibly acutely ill Covid-19 patients in my ICU, many of whom are now dead?

Fuck yeah I'm getting it. Most of my fellow RNs and the techs, and pretty much all the Docs say the same.
    This. Should hit my ER this week. They are trying to figure out scheduling so not every nurse gets it the same day and is out with a fever the next.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Being the altruistic chap that I am I think I'll hold off on getting jabbed myself until 100% of the essential workers & vulnerable population are vaccinated. Then, I'll defer to citizens of 3rd world countries without access to proper healthcare, sanitation, etc. Once the 3rd world is covered, as a Caucasian I feel that I would be exploiting my white privilege if I didn't wait for 100% of the non-white population to receive the vaccine. Further, it would be a clear expression of bigotry were I to receive the vax before LGBTQ+ and other marginalized groups. Finally, when it is eventually appropriate for healthy white people living in America to get vaccinated (from a social justice perspective, of course) I'll put misogyny aside and allow the ladies to go first.

So it'll probably be a long time before I can get the vaccine without asserting my privilege as a white male in America. By the time we get there, we should have a much clearer idea of any longer term effects of a novel mRNA vaccine that's never even been tested on humans before this year. I'll be hanging around bloviating about my moral superiority while you guys are lined up to participate in what is essentially a clinical trial.

Bon chance, bigots!

I personally know two people that had covid and now have no antibodies.

Huh
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I personally know two people that had covid and now have no antibodies.

Huh
    Did they survive?
    Just trying to narrow down the possibilities.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

My son is a surgery resident so I wouldnt think high on the list, but his hospital is treating the ER first because it's full of people who may or may not have Covid and arent as well isolated as people on the Covid wards. Similarly the nurses and doctors aren't as well protected as they are on the covid wards, and since he spends a lot of the time in the ER seeing surgical stuff he's supposedly right behind the people seeing the covid patients.

I guess a lot of worry about giving shots to the nursing home patients some of whom are likely to die of whatever shortly thereafter and blame the vaccine. And the vaccine wasn't tested on them so it's unknown if the dose is high enough for that population. I think they should still do it (slightly more importantly so does the CDC) but people need to be prepared to hear negative stuff coming from the nursing homes.

They need to do it to clear the hospitals along with bringing sanity back to those facilities. 1 percent of population holding down 40% of the hospital beds. That has implications for everybody.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

And, to contrast: "White House staff members will be among the first to be vaccinated." https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/13/w...accinated.html

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    And, to contrast: "White House staff members will be among the first to be vaccinated." https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/13/w...accinated.html
    “Will be”?

I’m sure they were already vaccinated

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/vacci...ium%3Dsharebar

Canada introduces national compensation program for vaccine injuries ahead of pandemic vaccine rollout

People who are vaccinated to protect themselves against COVID-19 and experience an adverse event after the immunization will be eligible for compensation, the federal government says.

The announcement of the no-fault program is part of Canada's preparations to roll out coronavirus vaccines, beginning with the Pfizer-BioNtech version that will start to be administered next week.

Health Canada says it approves vaccines after its thorough review of scientific evidence shows that the benefits outweigh the risks.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    “Will be”?

I’m sure they were already vaccinated
    Is there actually anyone left in the White House who hasn't already had COVID-19 thanks to all the dipshits present who participate in super spreader events and refuse to wear masks?

I've never had a flu vaccine in my life. Being self employed I just stayed away from filthy germy disease ridden humans in the winter.

But I will take this one, (as long as it doesn't kill and maim and shit...).

They're going to help us out? That's white of them. (Should I be capitalizing "white" in this context?)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    They're going to help us out? That's white of them. (Should I be capitalizing "white" in this context?)
    If the south succeeds, would they qualify as a 3rd world country? Maybe that's the 3d chess move here?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    If the south succeeds, would they qualify as a 3rd world country? Maybe that's the 3d chess move here?
    You mean secedes?

You mean secedes?
    Nope! The south will rise again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Nope! The south will rise again!!
    My south rises nightly.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

You mean secedes?
    Yes. My phone autocorrect apparently doesn't like talk of rebellion.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Yes. My phone autocorrect apparently doesn't like talk of rebellion.
    It autocorrects "Civil War" to "War of Northern Aggression."

Canada introduces national compensation program for vaccine injuries ahead of pandemic vaccine rollout

People who are vaccinated to protect themselves against COVID-19 and experience an adverse event after the immunization will be eligible for compensation, the federal government says.

The announcement of the no-fault program is part of Canada's preparations to roll out coronavirus vaccines, beginning with the Pfizer-BioNtech version that will start to be administered next week.

Health Canada says it approves vaccines after its thorough review of scientific evidence shows that the benefits outweigh the risks.

People who are vaccinated to protect themselves against COVID-19 and experience an adverse event after the immunization will be issued 10 Tim Hortons Roll Up The Rim to Win coffee cups.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    This. Should hit my ER this week. They are trying to figure out scheduling so not every nurse gets it the same day and is out with a fever the next.

yep, we are getting our dates staggered as well, and being encouraged to have it when you'll have the day/next day free in the event of feeling like shit.

got myself in for the 18th. will report back, assuming the delivery dates actually work out.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

see Canada has the right idea. Hold those accountable, accountable. If this vaccine is safe and effective, they shouldn’t have to worry about any large payouts; just the minimal adverse reactions that were shown from the small sample trial size.

If only that applied to the US. American pharmaceutical companies who have a history of fucking over a minute part of the population if it will make them a little more profit. Sure you could take them to the Vaccine Court but since it’s been in session in 1988, it’s only paid out $3.5 billion dollars. Yeah that might seem like a lot until you look at the profits every pharmaceutical company posts each and every year.

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).