Page 88 of 122 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 3042
    USA is at 692,000 dead or 2076 per million pop, canada is at 27, 400 or 718 per million pop

USA is athe highest but a lot of countries have put up higher per million figures
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    USA is at 692,000 dead or 2076 per million pop, canada is at 27, 400 or 718 per million pop

USA is athe highest but a lot of countries have put up higher per million figures
    Yes but both countries should allow vaccinated travelers at this point. No kids under 12 then fine I get it.

US has now surpassed one in every 500 dead from Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    US has now surpassed one in every 500 dead from Covid.
    And still nobody knows anyone who has died from covid

but everybody knows people who have died from gettting the vax

but seriously what is the difference between allowing vaccinated travellers from a plane (today's update) from anywhere vs fully vaccinated neighbors to north via ground?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    but seriously what is the difference between allowing vaccinated travellers from a plane (today's update) from anywhere vs fully vaccinated neighbors to north via ground?
    Nothing. I don't know a single American who understands Biden's decisions on the US/Canada border. My guess is he is pissed Canada had their border closed for so long he's got to get payback to show Trudeau who's boss. Something I thought only Trump could be guilty of.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Nothing. I don't know a single American who understands Biden's decisions on the US/Canada border. My guess is he is pissed Canada had their border closed for so long he's got to get payback to show Trudeau who's boss. Something I thought only Trump could be guilty of.
    I think it has more to do with equity with the southern border. Open the northern border but not the southern border and he'll be accused of racism.

And still nobody knows anyone who has died from covid

but everybody knows people who have died from gettting the vax
    Maybe the vax is *giving* people extra-bad COVID?!?

AS - both countries agreed to shut the border at the same time, so….

i think yeah man is right. but now i have to find plane tickets yadda yadda. fkn annoying.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I think it has more to do with equity with the southern border. Open the northern border but not the southern border and he'll be accused of racism.
    So why not just open the Mexican border, too? Mexico actually has better Covid numbers than Canada right now.

So why not just open the Mexican border, too? Mexico actually has better Covid numbers than Canada right now.
    Only answer I can give you is that the southern border is such a shitshow nobody knows what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    AS - both countries agreed to shut the border at the same time, so….
    That's the official word but when Trump was prez I could totally see Trump wanting the border to remain open and Trudeau saying no, but the official, diplomatic, statement is both countries agree to keep their borders closed.

Regarding Mexico, in a normal year, I assume there are many more legal crossings on US/Canada border than US/Mexico. And that's just because there is higher populations along US/Canada than US/Mexico. Also, Canadians can just come to the US without any special visa where as US makes Mexicans jump through visa hoops to be able to legally enter. A huge number of legal entries into the US from Mexico are agricultural workers with visas. This hasn't stopped during the entire pandemic because they are essential workers. So even if one assumes everyone trying to come into the US from Mexico legally is unvaxed and spewing COVID (which obviously is not true), I don't think opening the Mexico border puts Americans at a higher risk. I just don't get it. It's all political bullshit.

On paper. Probably...almost certainly, not in reality.

murderer's, thieves and rapists come acrosss from down south FFS you gotta keep the gardeners/ pool boys/ prep cooks out

Up narth I think they are worried about us burning the white house again if the border gits openned

Obviously not very hard, yer own people almost did last january 6th but somebody forgot to bring matches eh

so its a big fucking country with nobody in it , the CBC have declared the Liberals won and the polls in BC have barely closed

so far no insurection

Canadians are so fucking boring eh

US needs to do elections like that. Call them for the following month. Tally up the votes in a few hours on a monday night. Go back to playing hockey and drinking beer

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

well it would appear the Liberal intellignensia called this election right

we just don't know how right until tomorrow

the T man has won locally so I will wander down to erection headquarters here pretty quick, maybe scam a free beer or 3

i will be taking down signs tomorrow with a hangover in the rain

Its a win for the ndp. Fkna! Mostly because of my vote and i put in ndp votes for tdirt and his deceased childhood gerbil. I can only guess what happened to the poor lil fella

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Its a win for the ndp. Fkna! Mostly because of my vote and i put in ndp votes for tdirt and his deceased childhood gerbil. I can only guess what happened to the poor lil fella

Lol-Thx for voting for me and my Gerbil....not sure what election you are watching but nothing changed overall and nothing changed in my riding....Glad to hear you won though. Don't forget to dust off that special medal they gave you to wear for that special occasion. If your caregiver hasn't told you yet today is your day!

LMAO who actually gloats after an election? I'm back to not giving a shit what happens with our federal government, which is actually very refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Ok here's another change of subject. If the border fully opens, would/will any of you cross the border southbound this winter? If you lived in the mainly lowland, would you go to Baker? Costco gas/TJs?

Or would that be akin to being a third tier character on the walking dead?
    Depending on the weather….
    Biking at Galbraith, top up on cheap gas, block of cheese, dinner at Carnal, 6 pack of good beer… and home by 9.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post

Lemmiwinks

650,000 die each year in the US from heart disease.
    So for round numbers lets say that over 1M have died since the pandemic.
    The leading causes of heart disease are items the government approves for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    650,000 die each year in the US from heart disease.
    So for round numbers lets say that over 1M have died since the pandemic.
    The leading causes of heart disease are items the government approves for sale
    wut?

"heart disease" can be caused by a whole shitload of different things.

COVID-19 is caused by one single thing.

They are incomparable.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    wut?

"heart disease" can be caused by a whole shitload of different things.

COVID-19 is caused by one single thing.

They are incomparable.
    that, and also, no one is gonna catch heart disease from someone else.