Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I'd prefer not to
    Is that Bartleby the Scrivener? Maybe not as hick as I thought.
    When should we schedule my dick punch?
    On it
    crab in my shoe mouth

Also, since this has happened dude has applied to work for me twice. Obviously unaware I'm the cyclist. Apparently his alcoholism and anger issues made him chronically unemployable and every employer in the village knows it.

I’d give him the interview.

Enemies closer and all that.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Also, since this has happened dude has applied to work for me twice. Obviously unaware I'm the cyclist. Apparently his alcoholism and anger issues made him chronically unemployable and every employer in the village knows it.
    You should hire him and detail the experiences to us. Could be the sequel to "Coach" we've all been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

With a can of bear spray on the table

I bear sprayed a dude

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The whole can, ouch. Well Parvo's okay and Buttah's gonna be in awesome shape after all these laps, let's circle back around to the busload of people kicking rock throwers' asses, what's up with that one?
    This might be the one http://sandrarose.com/2019/05/man-th...senger-inside/

That's what the highway patrol guy told me. He said they know what they drive and will make contact for no reason other than to let the guy know it's time to move to Victor. He actually said that, they try to get them to move over the pass and out of our county.
    So Victor is the JH Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I probably empty the can on him at least

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always be conscious of backspray. I inhaled just a bit of that stuff once, long story. It's brutal. Almost called for an ambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    If you get him to assault you at work it might be early retirement for ya.
    Not long before I had the pleasure of meeting him, he was let go from a nice hotel nearby for threatening and stalking the HR director.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

With a big can of bear spray on your desk.

in other news, sales of bear spray are up.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    I've often thought of carrying that for the angry motorist encounters.
    Good idea but don't leave it in your vehicle on a hot day or your detail bill will be astronomical. However, cop also told me carrying bear spray for personal protection from anything other than wildlife will get you in trouble if you use it on a person. You have to use mace on humans, or preferably 135gr .9mm jhps.

Good idea but don't leave it in your vehicle on a hot day or your detail bill will be astronomical. However, cop also told me carrying bear spray for personal protection from anything other than wildlife will get you in trouble if you use it on a person. You have to use mace on humans, or preferably 135gr .9mm jhps.
    But shooting them is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Always be conscious of backspray. I inhaled just a bit of that stuff once, long story. It's brutal. Almost called for an ambulance.
    Let's not forget about the woman who thought bear spray worked as a repellant (like insect spray) and thus began spraying down her children at Jenny Lake

Something that I learned recently is that bear spray is actually only 2% pepper concentration vs human pepper spray is 10%.
    the rationale is that bears have like 1000x our sense of smell
    So could have been worse for him. bc I picked up some pepper spray recently for boob and melville-reader loving weirdos
    skid luxury

Bear Spray vs Pepper Spray: What’s the Difference?

Pepper Spray: An effective self defense against humans

Pepper spray is chemical, non-lethal, self defense weapons available for civilian use. The active ingredient in pepper spray is oleoresin capsicum — the same chemical in chili peppers that gives them their sting and irritating effects. When pepper spray is sprayed on the eyes and skin it causes:

Intense burning pain
    Excessive tearing
    Swelling of the eyelids
    Temporary blindness
    Difficulty breathing

These effects often last longer than 20 minutes, making pepper spray an extremely effective self defense weapon. It is so effective that, pepper spray is used by almost all police and some military units to subdue and incapacitate threats.
    Bear Spray: An effective deterrent in bear country

Bear spray is similar to pepper spray but is not the same thing. Though they both contain the same active ingredient — oleoresin capsicum, bear spray contains a much lower concentration.

A typical pepper spray used for self defense will have an oleoresin capsicum (OC) concentration of about 10% or higher. A typical bear spray has a oleoresin concentration of about 1 – 2 %.

The goal of using bear spray is to scare off an attacking bear, not cause it to become incapacitated and incur serious pain. That’s why bear spray only requires a small amount of active chemical — just enough to irritate the bear and cause it to back off.

Studies have shown that bear spray is a very effective at reducing the number of bear attack in national parks.
    Using Bear Spray

Remember that using bear spray is only meant to be used when you encounter an aggressive bear that is charging towards you. Do not use it to spray any of your camping gear or clothes, as the scent will actually serve to attract the bears — not good!

Some tips regarding bear spray use

Try and keep as much distance between you and the bear, while backing up slowly
    Keep your eyes on the bear at all times
    Spray the bear as soon as it comes within range of your bear repellent spray (typically 20 feet)
    Aim for the eyes and the nose of the bear
    Spray for as long as it takes for the bear to turn around, this can take up to 6 seconds

Remember that bear spray should only be used as a last resort. You should always remain vigilant of your surroundings. Making excessive noise in while walking around in bear country will help avoid surprising any bears and thus reduce the risk of an attack.

Remember to carry your bear spray with you at all times when in bear country. Make sure that it is easily accessible, like in a holster by your side. Lastly, practice using your bear spray — get comfotable with it. When you encounter a charging bear, you won’t have much time to fumble around firing your bear spray.
    Can I use bear mace on humans as self defense?
    https://www.selfdefenseninja.com/bea...ts-difference/

Who knew pepper spray is stronger than bear spray

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Or, he could have just called the cops and rode home on his bicycle.
    Which is more than likely what happened. The OP has a vivid imagination and whatnot.
    I’ll take another lap.
    I redacted dude's name since I figure we're even...

Attachment 287101
    NH is a top three state to live in, Massachusetts and Minnesota are the other two. You really are a hick from Barre, wow.
    Yep, I’m on it.
    Laps
    You do realize this is a ski website that you're posting on, right? Take all the laps for this one.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

bc I picked up some pepper spray recently for boob and melville-reader loving weirdos
    That’s more like it. Well played.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Let's not forget about the woman who thought bear spray worked as a repellant (like insect spray) and thus began spraying down her children at Jenny Lake
    Prolly once a summer a J1 or a guest will either "test" the bear spray in their room or use it in a similar fashion to mosquito repellent.

Interesting. So its all about intention. Which is why you didn't get charged? Fucked up that non-lethal can get one charged.

You did the dude a solid. Of course it sounds like he didn't get that moment of clarity that should come from being very nearly shot.

Well then, if I was face to face with a grizzly, I'd rather have pepper spray. Or a serious gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You do realize this is a ski website that you're posting on, right? Take all the laps for this one.
    Do you even ski Danny? Never seen any evidence of you on a hill making a turn.
    Plenty of me, I can ski. Not sure bout you.
    Laps
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Interesting. So its all about intention. Which is why you didn't get charged? Fucked up that non-lethal can get one charged.

You did the dude a solid. Of course it sounds like he didn't get that moment of clarity that should come from being very nearly shot.
    Yep, it's all about intent.
    I likely wouldn't have been charged if I shot him - this is WY - but with a gun pointed at him he kept approaching yelling "shoot me, kill me" made me realize he didn't deserve to get another hole that he wasn't born with.

Do you even ski Danny?
    knee dropper, i dont hold it against him though, quite a few laps

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    knee dropper, i dont hold it against him though, quite a few laps
    Of course he is, should have known!
    Totally see it.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Or a serious gun.
    The technical term for this might be "yeet cannon"

but with a gun pointed at him he kept approaching yelling "shoot me, kill me" made me realize he didn't deserve to get another hole that he wasn't born with.
    g-buzz!'

Of course he is, should have known!
    Totally see it.
    And still, nobody cares