Page 36 of 106 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiffrin

GGS probably doesn't wear a helmet so I'll make sure to conk his head with the bar...every time.

Beautiful skiing. Like fine art.

Amazing how Bode can watch a ski run, and basically predict time gain or loss. He can pick apart each turn, and tell you if they are generating speed or scrubbing it. He pretty much is dialed in on what's happening each nanosecond of a skier's run.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Shiffrin

Regarding the naps. I wonder if is she has someone keeping a clock on her. If you get too far into REM it’s hard to wake up during the day. She said 30 minutes which is prescribed length of proper nap.

“The total time the participants slept during the 90-minute window didn't matter much in their later performance, Walker found. But the greater the amount of stage 2 non-REM sleep, a lighter form of non-dreaming sleep, the better their performance, he found.”

Figured out why she has the bar down, South Korean ski code bylaw 1978657483.6857364968847stfu state's that "any skier incapable of doing a pull up must ride the chair lift with the safety bar down."

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Amazing how Bode can watch a ski run, and basically predict time gain or loss. He can pick apart each turn, and tell you if they are generating speed or scrubbing it. He pretty much is dialed in on what's happening each nanosecond of a skier's run.
    He is way better at that than the guy NBC used to use for ski race commentary. That guy was constantly wrong when it came to "predict time gain or loss".
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MCskid View Post
    "any skier incapable of doing a pull up must ride the chair lift with the safety bar down."
    makes sense - how else are you going to get back in the chair if you catch yourself falling out

Maybe if MS did a few more/any? she could "bennnd" the ski
    ​I am not in your hurry

and very irritating that the other commentator feels the need to spew random facts about the racer as they go through the course?

Bode could hardly get in an intelligent comment in between the spew.

they seem to think we are not really interested in the racing just thier stupid fact spewing
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

True... he is dialed in to every nuance. Best commentator of any Olympics I've seen so far.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Well, ski commentator, that’s for sure.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Might have to watch an NBC stream for future race events for Bode, the Canadian commentators are good (Karin Lee Gartner and I think Brian Stemmel) and obviously have race knowledge but I want to hear what Bode has to say.

Re: Shiffrin, sick run. No idea WTF that post about her emotional reaction being rehearsed was about though... dude, it's the Olympics and there is MASSIVE pressure.

Totally agree. Makes for a much more enjoyable watching experience.

The thing that blew me away was that you didn't need nuanced announcing to know shiffrin had a winning run on that last one. My lady (non-skier whatsoever) and I were watching the whole event, and stood up when she was 1/3 of the way through her run as it was clear she was soooo much cleaner / faster than everyone else.

I'm not usually a big fan of highly marketable narratives in something like the olympics, but this girl is kicking ass. 15/1 odds for super g sound like an excellent use of a hundred bucks to me

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    15/1 odds for super g sound like an excellent use of a hundred bucks to me
    You probably don't want to put money on that. She isn't doing Super G. The compression of the events into a few days due to the weather has made it necessary for her to a take a day of rest during the SG.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    and very irritating that the other commentator feels the need to spew random facts about the racer as they go through the course?

Bode could hardly get in an intelligent comment in between the spew.

they seem to think we are not really interested in the racing just thier stupid fact spewing
    Could you imagine Julia having to commentate like Bode does. I did like her giggly sound bites when they went to Julia for her perspective about different racers. Almost like "oh crap, I'm on air and I have to find something to say"

No Julia, I just want to ride up the chair again with you at Squaw and bask in your badassery and beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    True... he is dialed in to every nuance. Best commentator of any Olympics I've seen so far.
    +1. Makes the others look like clowns.

Recorded it last night and watched with coffee this morning. Wow, she's once in a generation talent.

Bode is doing okay for a bonehead

^^^made me laugh.

BTW, MS explains the crying in her interview. You fuckers that doubt her can all go fuck off.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I still find it funny that bode makes the one accurate comment about why a racers performance might be off,

She just got married and that seems to slow them down, and yea she is slower.

And the world loses it's collective shit.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    ^^^made me laugh.

BTW, MS explains the crying in her interview. You fuckers that doubt her can all go fuck off.
    I think we all were thinking she might DNF , and her run could have been a bit better,

the the last one down could have beat her if no mistakes were made.

It was a knuckle bitter
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I still find it funny that bode makes the one accurate comment about why a racers performance might be off,

She just got married and that seems to slow them down, and yea she is slower.

And the world loses it's collective shit.
    It was a stupid comment for public consumption.

Skiers sure are a picky bunch:

Hate:
    Snowboard
    Skating
    Crying
    Delays
    Skating
    Commentators (except god bode)
    Weather
    Course

Like:
    Bode
    Mikaela
    Skiing

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Might have to watch an NBC stream for future race events for Bode, the Canadian commentators are good (Karin Lee Gartner and I think Brian Stemmel) and obviously have race knowledge but I want to hear what Bode has to say.
    Disagree. She's fucking terrible. Doesn't know when to stop talking and let us watch the race. And the info that she does provide is generally pretty obvious. The other commentator is Todd Brooker. I think he's doing great.

I though of you guys watching last night's race. All these chicks have fancy ass helmets - country's flag, olympic logos, I think the italian chick who almost won hat a glittery gold one. But the fastest? Red, of course. Just red.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Skiers sure are a picky bunch:

Hate:
    Snowboard
    Skating
    Crying
    Delays
    Skating
    Commentators (except god bode)
    Weather
    Course

Like:
    Bode
    Mikaela
    Skiing
    Yes... well I like watching snowboarding too
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    makes sense - how else are you going to get back in the chair if you catch yourself falling out

Maybe if MS did a few more/any? she could "bennnd" the ski
    It's funny how people relaly grabbed onto mention of the fact that she had to work on them, which she did. A few years ago strength training was one area where she clearly needed to improve. She put in the work. She's also rightly proud of doing so.

Awesome performance in the face of awesome pressure.

I dig XC skiing, ski jumping, Nordic combined, biathlon, speedskating (classic and short track), bobsled, luge, skeleton, hockey and curling -- pretty much everything but figure skating, although I watch some cuz Honey likes it.