Mountian Collective FYI

I received an email from Mountain Collective stating that they have extended the deadline to purchase a M.C. pass with the 3rd day free AND rolled the price back to $449. This new offer is good through June 22, 2019.

I got's mine alreadyt ; but for anybody that was on the fence about purchasing a M.C. pass, you now have a new opportunity.

I believe that a M.C. pass can be a viable option vs an Ikon pass as the initial cost is less and extra days can be had at half price. Do your own math.

And the JH locals hate you half as much as the Ikonfags

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    locals hate you
    dont all "locals" hate everyone else anyway?
    i sure do

Quote Originally Posted by anything View Post
    dont all "locals" hate everyone else anyway?
    i sure do
    Only after they've been there a couple of years.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Alpental is full of love. The beatdowns are not

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    I believe that a M.C. pass can be a viable option vs an Ikon pass as the initial cost is less and extra days can be had at half price. Do your own math.
    The half price ticket to all of the places on the MC pass is pretty darn close to what the cost of their day pass should be based on the cost 10-15 years ago and adjusting for inflation. Its a marketing gimmick as old as time- have a crazy high MSRP and keep stuff on blowout 40% off sale!! all the time to make the customer think theyre getting a deal.

Id rather go to a couple ski movie premieres to get my half off vouchers than pay $500 for some half off vouchers.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    The half price ticket to all of the places on the MC pass is pretty darn close to what the cost of their day pass should be based on the cost 10-15 years ago and adjusting for inflation. Its a marketing gimmick as old as time- have a crazy high MSRP and keep stuff on blowout 40% off sale!! all the time to make the customer think theyre getting a deal.

Id rather go to a couple ski movie premieres to get my half off vouchers than pay $500 for some half off vouchers.

Used to hit all the warren millers in my general area for the bennies.... now with their online shit, don't matter how many shows you hit. You get one swag set and that is it. Interesting marketing strategy. I went from buying 5 or 6 tickets per season to buying one. Same with my friends.

Ha, ha. The first few replies we're funny. Now we've devolved into a discussion.

I agree, single day ticket prices are absurd. So it is up to you to decide on the best and most cost effective means to pay for the skiing that you will do. Watching a Warren Miller or Dick Barrymore film was exciting when I was a kid. Not so much anymore.

My math from last season. I skied 8 days at Jackson (3 'free'), 4 at Alta, 4 at Snowbird, 3 at Snowbasin, 1 at Highlands and 3 at Sugarbush / North using the M.C. at a cost of $1116 or $48.52 per day. Doing the same with an Ikon pass would have been more costly. With an Ikon pass, if you go over your allotted days you are then paying at the full day rate.

In the end - you are going to ski, it's just how you can make it most cost effective for your particular situation while keeping your options open .

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    My math from last season. I skied 8 days at Jackson (3 'free'), 4 at Alta, 4 at Snowbird, 3 at Snowbasin, 1 at Highlands and 3 at Sugarbush / North using the M.C. at a cost of $1116 or $48.52 per day. Doing the same with an Ikon pass would have been more costly. With an Ikon pass, if you go over your allotted days you are then paying at the full day rate.
    if you had more days at each your resorts i wonder if you would have taken advantage of it? like random occasions on a whim. im always thinking about that when working out which passes to buy.
    off the top of my head, ikon would have cost you only $100 more?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post

This. I realize that MC still works for people with a narrow set of circumstances, but with Ikon and Epic offering more than twice as many (or unlimited) included ski days per contracted resort, for not that much more money, it's hard to believe MC would attract more than a fringe following these days.

As for half-off, yes, in CA anyway, you can get half off (after around January anyway) of a few days' tickets, at some places anyway, without paying that kind of entry fee. Example: Alpine Meadows (not usable at Squaw) was selling $80 midweek tickets right off their home page in the middle of this past season. And let's not forget that the regular window rate at Alpine, for a couple of years in the early '00s, was $39.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    This. I realize that MC still works for people with a narrow set of circumstances, but with Ikon and Epic offering more than twice as many (or unlimited) included ski days per contracted resort, for not that much more money, it's hard to believe MC would attract more than a fringe following these days.
    Very true. Everyone's circumstances are unique to that person. The M.C. works for me.
    The M.C. works best if you are only going to ski a particular area twice or more then 7 times (the max number of days on an Ikon full pass) but less then the number of days that a season pass would cost.
    Example: a Jackson season pass would have cost me $1450 but included an Ikon base pass - 5 days at select resorts but blackout days. If I was to ski 17 days at Jackson on the M.C. the cost would be (74 x 14) + 450 = 1486 this coming season.
    Quote Originally Posted by anything View Post
    if you had more days at each your resorts i wonder if you would have taken advantage of it? like random occasions on a whim. im always thinking about that when working out which passes to buy.
    off the top of my head, ikon would have cost you only $100 more?
    This is true also. Forget about Snowbasin as they are now Epic. 8 days at Jackson and 8 days at Alta / Bird would have cost $1213 with an Ikon full pass vs. $1066 with the M.C..

In figuring out all the permutations, I can only go by what I did last season and what I am LIKELY to do this coming season. That said, the numbers work out very similar. Almost like corporate collusion.