Page 30 of 122 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    We've already discussed this - in this very thread! The knock on JT is that without his last name and great hair, he'd still be a drama teacher. Even Ben Mulroney went to law school.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    i think ny has a congresswoman that used to tend bar.
    Yes, and she also danced in a video! Clearly someone who lacks the gravitas to be a legislator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    We've already discussed this - in this very thread! The knock on JT is that without his last name and great hair, he'd still be a drama teacher. Even Ben Mulroney went to law school.
    They ALWAYS go to law school. I for one am sick of our usual law-school-attending overlords and welcome this 6/10 in public but 9/10 in parliament on the handsome scale unqualified goof.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Exact same tactic used against Obama. The Republicans made a big deal that he had been a "community organizer" at one point. Of course if you've been a career politician they'll also use try to use that against you.
    Distinguish between the two? I think career politician and community organizer are the same thing minus being elected?
    Trudeau was a drama teacher. Regan was an actor. I think you could make the same argument about Trump, although he also had some significant business back ground bequeathed to him.

Seems to me many megalomaniacs are attracted to the stage. It really just a matter of size, scale and type of audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Distinguish between the two? I think career politician and community organizer are the same thing minus being elected?
    Of course. Not to mention he also taught law at the U of Chicago Law School for many years, was elected to the Illinois House and the U.S. Senate, but somehow being a community organizer was some kind of giant black mark.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    They ALWAYS go to law school. I for one am sick of our usual law-school-attending overlords and welcome this 6/10 in public but 9/10 in parliament on the handsome scale unqualified goof.
    I'm not rating his performance, just explaining where the attitude comes from. He was the equivalent of the good looking guy that rolled into town, hooked up with the only two girls, worked at the ski school and somehow didn't get fired for out of bounds shenanigans, while his buddy (with the same resume) almost got killed by a drug dealer, and ultimately died in an avalanche.

I think it's the "drama" teacher that has my panties bunched. He also taught math and french, but that is left out. It's never just teacher either, somehow instructing the arts is supposed to be a lesser job, which just screams ignorance to me when I see it. That's all.

Yes, and she also danced in a video! Clearly someone who lacks the gravitas to be a legislator.
    there’s an odd attitude about work in the country, some jobs command a lot of respect (police officer) even if many others are just as vital and more dangerous. some get no respect (service industry) despite employing the most people in the workforce. And if you’re a journalist, I think you need a security detail, depending on what you want to cover.

A few years ago a clown ran in brazil with a slogan like ‘with me you know you’re getting a clown, with them they’re pretending otherwise’.

anyway, we could all use a little more empathy for people doing other shit. even remote workers that shit post.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    remote workers that shit post.
    The worst type of human. God help the world if any of us run for office.

I'm not rating his performance, just explaining where the attitude comes from. He was the equivalent of the good looking guy that rolled into town, hooked up with the only two girls, worked at the ski school and somehow didn't get fired for out of bounds shenanigans, while his buddy (with the same resume) almost got killed by a drug dealer, and ultimately died in an avalanche.

Trudeau's pa would bring home all these world leader so he was hanging out with heads of state when he was just a kid, but the best training for statesmanship would be bouncing at the Savage Beagle in whis

not that this ^^ has anything to do with the science/epidemiology of when the border will open to the disease ridden american public assuming they will due so based on the science

as opposed to the money
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I think it's the "drama" teacher that has my panties bunched. He also taught math and french, but that is left out. It's never just teacher either, somehow instructing the arts is supposed to be a lesser job, which just screams ignorance to me when I see it. That's all.
    I spent one year teaching high school drama and it was one of the most challenging things I ever did. The guy who'd been doing it 35 years retired and they stuck me in there (I mostly taught English). Had to put on four public performances with these kids, many of whom were freshmen. Talk about herding cats, holy shit. It required a tremendous amount of patience and organization. I've done a lot of different jobs in my life, but that one year really stands out as being a true test of my intestinal fortitude.

my favorite is the mmouth breather who sez wow thse teachers only have to work hardly any days for so much money, teach can make 69k with a masters up here

to which i alway say yeah but then you actualy have to do that job " would you want to make that much money to take care of your kids for 8hrs a day?

The only reason the “drama teacher” thing kind of bugs me is when he is using his ‘drama teacher voice’. Fuk talk like a human already.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Trudeau's pa would bring home all these world leader so he was hanging out with heads of state when he was just a kid
    Like this guy?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	margaretcastro.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	297.8 KB 
ID:	378283

Name:  justincastro.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  60.6 KB

At least "America's hat" can agree that you can be a bumbling idiot that's born on with a silver spoon and a strong family name, and make it as a "leader" on the world stage.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    my favorite is the mmouth breather who sez wow thse teachers only have to work hardly any days for so much money, teach can make 69k with a masters up here

to which i alway say yeah but then you actualy have to do that job " would you want to make that much money to take care of your kids for 8hrs a day?
    If you take enough summer courses combined with experience the top end salary is closer to $100k with no masters required. My wife's a teacher - she's usually up until 10-11pm every night either marking or making lesson plans. When it's report card / marking season, she ain't coming out on Sunday afternoons either. She can't come on mid-winter ski trips, and instead has to travel during march break which is $$$. Sometimes when school's on it feels like I have more of a roommate than anything else. Yeah she gets summer off which is awesome but given all of that and knowing how much actual work is involved with that job, plus getting constantly shit on by the government, I wouldn't take it.

Back on topic though - tomorrow "America's Hat" (that's new, and weak-ass shit by the way) will have distributed just as many doses per capita as the self-proclaimed-but-literally-never-said-by-anyone-else Greatest Country In The World USA. They are just daring some shitty variant to spring up this fall down there. Morans.

Name:	vaccine_doses_20210629.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	378289

OK man, let's be clear here - I'm not dissing JT because he was a drama teacher, or even a teacher. I was poking fun (see DannoT's post) at the "make JT a drama teacher again" Maga hat comment. It was funny (to me anyway)
    I do have a problem with JT and the liberals (canadian liberals = different beast than an "American" liberal... see previous post by someone explaining the difference) promising electoral reform and not delivering, so far... Besides which, when JT was first elected we had no choice. The cons had harper who was a douche bag who refused to talk to the press, the NDP had a nice man who's party's politics would have been a disaster. The liberals also promised to legalize it (not criticize it) so there's that.

Canadian politics is currently a shit show (not nearly the shit show as was down south for the previous 4 years mind you), but we really don't have a viable alternative to the liberals until there's electoral reform (read proportional representation).

While I appreciate the analogy, it's a bit crass since JT's brother died in an avalanche.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

If you take enough summer courses combined with experience the top end salary is closer to $100k with no masters required. My wife's a teacher - she's usually up until 10-11pm every night either marking or making lesson plans. When it's report card / marking season, she ain't coming out on Sunday afternoons either. She can't come on mid-winter ski trips, and instead has to travel during march break which is $$$. Sometimes when school's on it feels like I have more of a roommate than anything else. Yeah she gets summer off which is awesome but given all of that and knowing how much actual work is involved with that job, plus getting constantly shit on by the government, I wouldn't take it.

Back on topic though - tomorrow "America's Hat" (that's new, and weak-ass shit by the way) will have distributed just as many doses per capita as the self-proclaimed-but-literally-never-said-by-anyone-else Greatest Country In The World USA. They are just daring some shitty variant to spring up this fall down there. Morans.

Name:	vaccine_doses_20210629.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	378289
    https://www.customon.com/product/can...tshirt-1877371

Don't worry we already have merchandise for it.

the self-proclaimed-but-literally-never-said-by-anyone-else Greatest Country In The World USA.
    We're only not because we didn't give Trump another four years.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    While I appreciate the analogy, it's a bit crass since JT's brother died in an avalanche.
    It's literally the plot of Aspen Extreme.

We're only not because we didn't give Trump another four years.
    Just wait until August.

<snip> the self-proclaimed-but-literally-never-said-by-anyone-else Greatest Country In The World USA.
    Reminds me, again, of this great scene:

It's literally the plot of Aspen Extreme.
    I forgot. My humble apologies for this, the greatest of all faux pas on this board.
    I am in your debt sir. Buy you a beer in JH at the summit?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

our shit show is just the acoustic version compared to America