Page 873 of 929 FirstFirst ... 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 ... LastLast
Results 21,801 to 21,825 of 23206
    Most of the long covid I’ve seen has been mesenteric lymphadenitis mimicking appendicitis in youth six weeks out, some gnarly pulmonary fibrosis, and one case of crazy MIS-A.

Last week my daughter went to the funeral of a smart, promising 28-year-old who killed himself, purportedly because of long Covid. Kid was clearly messed up badly by it for more than a year before he'd had enough. I guess that one won't make it into the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Question about long Covid and insurance coverage. I have read concerns that insurance coverage for those experiencing long covid symptoms as a “preexisting” condition if there is no documentation of Covid infection. Is there documented truth to this?
    If someone has an ACA compliant health plan preexisting condition doesn't matter. If one is unfortunate enough to have a non-compliant plan--well if they can figure out a way to screw you, they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    There's no angst. Typing on TGR does not offer inflection and things are taken out of context.

My view is from clinical picture. Still have seen very low disease burden from a pulmonary/ARDS perspective since Omicron. Certainly quite nominal in those under 65. Non-existent under 50. Just my opinion. I think clinical picture/anecdote is meaningful in this context. Even at peak Omicron last winter we had very few on vents, all unvaccinated. Completely different clinical picture than Delta. Yes, I know deaths were still super high. But 4th shots for otherwise healthy offer little, if any, significant clinical benefit. I don't think that concept is widely disputed.
    Apologies--I should have clarified--the angst is not from you but there has been a lot of it from various people on the forum and people in the media about having to get multiple shots.

I believe there is nuanced pathology in long covid, but point of study was routine tests (and some not so routine) offer little regarding elucidating pathology in ambulatory setting. You won’t get esoteric testing done outside of a research study. There simply is no definitive guideline to direct a long covid work up in ambulatory setting (yet).
    Hopefully, your point and take-away is reaching GP’s and others providing primary care. The text in Sneller’s study is not clear about that take-away, which is unfortunate. He’s been clear in his interviews.

I believe there is nuanced pathology in long covid, but point of study was routine tests (and some not so routine) offer little regarding elucidating pathology in ambulatory setting. You won’t get esoteric testing done outside of a research study. There simply is no definitive guideline to direct a long covid work up in ambulatory setting (yet).
    Hopefully, your point and take-away is reaching GP’s and others providing primary care. The text in Sneller’s study is not clear about that take-away, which is unfortunate. He’s been clear in his interviews.

So my mild cough started last Sunday, Monday tested positive and did fluids, some Coricidin HBP starting in the afternoon (one at a time 3 or 4 times out of the day at most), some cough drops if needed for the dry throat, and did the saline Netipot a few times a day. Tuesday cough was getting better, and just a bit more tired than some days. Weds. I tested again and still positive. I was pretty much down to only taking 1 or 2 of the Flu pills. Never had any elevated fever, loss of taste or most of the other symptoms. Yesterday and Today pretty much very little cough, still trying to do fluids, and hope to still very limited contact with masks starting after the holiday.

3rd member of the house tested positive, but just again very minor cough and no other symptoms so far including fever or anything. Doctor suggested Vitamin C and if it got any worst, then one of the prescription Covid treatments would be next step.

Missing the Bicycle Group Rides is the only other thing.

I guess we're in about 10-12 days, daughter, 18, first caught it 2 weeks ago at prom, symptoms 2 days later, the rest of us (me, wife and son, 20) 2 days after that.
    Dry cough, dry sore throat, faucet nose for the first 3 days, minor chills, major fatigue. We just did lots of water, vitC, slept.

3rd day in I got ungodly body aches to the point where I couldn't sleep because my hip flexors hurt so badly. No one else had that.
    Sinus dried up and flow was replaced by thick snot. Doing neti pots now to clear, looks like some bacterial infection is occurring.

Symptoms much milder now, except sinus clogging leading to drymouth, but sleeping lots better, negligible chills.

I'm super bummed to be missing the last few lift served days, got in 12 days in April, another 6 in May before this onset. Some unusually good corn days in there among the more standard moist gloom.
    At least the snowpack is solid and should hold in more accessible spots into July.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I guess we're in about 10-12 days, daughter, 18, first caught it 2 weeks ago at prom, symptoms 2 days later, the rest of us (me, wife and son, 20) 2 days after that.
    Dry cough, dry sore throat, faucet nose for the first 3 days, minor chills, major fatigue. We just did lots of water, vitC, slept.

3rd day in I got ungodly body aches to the point where I couldn't sleep because my hip flexors hurt so badly. No one else had that.
    Sinus dried up and flow was replaced by thick snot. Doing neti pots now to clear, looks like some bacterial infection is occurring.

Symptoms much milder now, except sinus clogging leading to drymouth, but sleeping lots better, negligible chills.

I'm super bummed to be missing the last few lift served days, got in 12 days in April, another 6 in May before this onset. Some unusually good corn days in there among the more standard moist gloom.
    At least the snowpack is solid and should hold in more accessible spots into July.
    Glad you’re feeling better.

On day 5 or so and while everything else has pretty much gone away I suddenly got lower back pain today. Not continuous, but almost like spasms, where I can’t stand or walk at times. Normally wouldn’t attribute it to a virus but seems to be a somewhat common COVID symptom from what I’ve read.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Glad you’re feeling better.

On day 5 or so and while everything else has pretty much gone away I suddenly got lower back pain today. Not continuous, but almost like spasms, where I can’t stand or walk at times. Normally wouldn’t attribute it to a virus but seems to be a somewhat common COVID symptom from what I’ve read.
    thanks. good to read your fams symptoms have diminished; jealous.

I've had other people cite the hip and lower back pain and spasms. 3 of the older guys at the porsche/audi place I go reported similar symptoms.

thanks. good to read your fams symptoms have diminished; jealous.

I've had other people cite the hip and lower back pain and spasms. 3 of the older guys at the porsche/audi place I go reported similar symptoms.
    Not out of the woods yet- wife and I on the uptick but kids have just been lucky so far…

Buster, is your whole family still testing (+) on AG tests?

Daughter (12) tested (+) from a pcr given on Wednesday. Rest of the family tested (-). AG testing every other day since Monday have been (-) for the whole family, including the daughter. She has no symptoms. Everybody else feels fine, too. Her only unmasked opportunity for exposure in the past week has been eating lunch outdoors with her friends.

Buster, is your whole family still testing (+) on AG tests?

Daughter (12) tested (+) from a pcr given on Wednesday. Rest of the family tested (-). AG testing every other day since Monday have been (-) for the whole family, including the daughter. She has no symptoms. Everybody else feels fine, too. Her only unmasked opportunity for exposure in the past week has been eating lunch outdoors with her friends.
    Daughter tested (-) on an antigen test 2 days ago, wife tested (+) 2 days ago on ag test.
    I'm not bothering since I still have what I consider symptoms, sore throat, tired, normal stupidity, birkenstock clogged sinuses.

But first b00ze in 9 days, some Mongeard Mugneret white burgundy. w00t.

At least it’s easy to tell if your MD takes this seriously or leans in to the “it’s just a flu” thing… 315 deaths per day is a lot

Also MDs in places where most people already had Covid one or more times due to anti-everything might have a warped view of the ongoing infection rate.
    Last edited by jfost; 05-28-2022 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Adding stuff

Daughter tested (-) on an antigen test 2 days ago, wife tested (+) 2 days ago on ag test.
    I'm not bothering since I still have what I consider symptoms, sore throat, tired, normal stupidity, birkenstock clogged sinuses.

But first b00ze in 9 days, some Mongeard Mugneret white burgundy. w00t.
    Damn. I want to try some of that. I know nothing about wine other than you had me at white Burgundy. Because I like red ones from there so I figure I need to try white

Summary - we just don’t know.

alternate summary -

reinfection poses risk to health ; there remains reason(s) to limit exposure and maintain "immunity" ( better termed as 'resistance' )

this is the vaccination thread, and you know my drum.

Please get your booster(s)

Thank you. skiJ

Thank you. skiJ

Fairly certain everyone here is boasted. Wife and I are double boasted, hence why our symptoms sound less than Busters . Wife feels good today, 7 days after testing positive. I developed symptoms Wednesday and felt shitty when I woke up today, but better now. I just wish my dry cough would fuck off. Hope i test clean by next Thursday.

Boasted? Double boasted? Shouldn't you be posting in trip reports?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post

Thank you. skiJ

Fairly certain everyone here is boasted. Wife and I are double boasted, hence why our symptoms sound less than Busters . Wife feels good today, 7 days after testing positive. I developed symptoms Wednesday and felt shitty when I woke up today, but better now. I just wish my dry cough would fuck off. Hope i test clean by next Thursday.
    Wifey and I are double boosted too, wife didn't have as bad of symptoms as I, but I'm a cradle robber and a trip reporter.

So boostedness doesn't seem to be the reason.

I sure hope you feel better before your trip.

boasted -
    I laughed.

liv2ski contributes. and
    they 've been sick.

I give him a pass.

Wu's columns disappointment -
    "years" of vaccinations for covid.

medically and scientifically, two years is nothing. and we demand immediate satisfaction.

ain't (gonna) happen --

Yes - good luck and good wishes to all who are ill...

Get Well Soon.

boastered.
    I'm not even sure What that might be (?)

enduring the 'boast's of another (?)

Thank you for being boostered. : )

tj

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Boasted? Double boasted? Shouldn't you be posting in trip reports?
    If I could figure out how to post pictures on my phone I would have
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Update: Whole family is AG (-) today. Daughter was pcr (+) with test given on Wednesday. She's out of isolation now. We’ve been testing the whole family every other day since May 9 for various reasons: severe allergies to cold to multiple direct face to face exposures and have always tested AG (-). We now figure that the pcr (+) was from infection in late April or first week of May. If that’s the case, then whole family, if all infected, were asymptomatic or not infected.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Just went to a huge national STEM tournament for my daughter. 3 day event at the Iowa State campus with teams/parents staying in the dorms and eating in the cafeterias. Huge events in the bball stadium and classrooms all over campus. 5% of about 8,000 people wearing masks I’d say. Fingers crossed…we’re on day 2 since leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Just went to a huge national STEM tournament for my daughter. 3 day event at the Iowa State campus with teams/parents staying in the dorms and eating in the cafeterias. Huge events in the bball stadium and classrooms all over campus. 5% of about 8,000 people wearing masks I’d say. Fingers crossed…we’re on day 2 since leaving.
    Yer fuct. Hope you and yours don't get too sick and have a speedy recovery.