Page 899 of 929 FirstFirst ... 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 ... LastLast
Results 22,451 to 22,475 of 23206
    Shot five yesterday (3rd booster). Pfizer bivalent. Sore arm last night and this morning and a slight headache. Two Tylenols and 20 minutes later, no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    cat scratch fever when I was a kid.
    Swear to god, until I read this I thought it was just a metaphor for being restlessly horny. Turns out it's a real infection..with chance for puss.

Started with J&J, then Moderna, then Pfizer. Today they asked me if I wanted Pfizer or Moderna and I decided on Moderna because M is before P in the alphabet. I guess we'll see how that turns out.

I think that everyone should get vaccinated

Shut the fuck up Elon.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Shut the fuck up Elon.
    Submitted to Dog for possible response to his showing up demanding to buy Heaven.

Got the my third booster (all 5 Pfizer) and a flu shot last week. I’m sure it’s a pure coincidence I came down with the fucking Covid two days later. Immuno compromised (rheumatoid arthriti) so I gots scrip for paxlovid. Turns out I’m part of a small percentage of people (6%) who experience a weird side effect from paxlovid. It makes my mouth taste like I’ve been chewing pennies. Nasty bitter metallic taste. Been wearing out my toothbrush. Fortunately it’s just a five days course of treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Got the my third booster (all 5 Pfizer) and a flu shot last week. I’m sure it’s a pure coincidence I came down with the fucking Covid two days later. Immuno compromised (rheumatoid arthriti) so I gots scrip for paxlovid. Turns out I’m part of a small percentage of people (6%) who experience a weird side effect from paxlovid. It makes my mouth taste like I’ve been chewing pennies. Nasty bitter metallic taste. Been wearing out my toothbrush. Fortunately it’s just a five days course of treatment.

You should feel very good by day 5, but beware of the rebound.

It’s been a fairly mild case, I guess. No fever, no loss of smell or taste, just scratchy throat, stuffed up head cold sort of symptoms and overall sort off dragass. Worse the first couple of days. I am on guard for the rebound, though.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    It’s been a fairly mild case, I guess. No fever, no loss of smell or taste, just scratchy throat, stuffed up head cold sort of symptoms and overall sort off dragass. Worse the first couple of days. I am on guard for the rebound, though.

My case was mild too, but still rebounded. The rebound makes you feel even stupider for having caught it at all(after avoiding it for so long.)

5th shot in arm! Ugh... so sick of being jabbed.

Interesting that the F.D.A. no longer authorizes the previous Pfizer and Moderna boosters. Could have saved myself 2 jabs. I hate needles.

Speaking of which.... there was a young girl (probably around 8/10) with her parents in the waiting area who was really upset about getting the shot. She kept going into the vax area only to return sobbing uncontrollably. It was obvious the parents had been trying for some time to get her to take the jab but the girl was dealing with real fear. I felt so bad for her having been that child myself. I made my mother's life miserable whenever I needed a shot. (Though I was better when vax were given enmasse at school. Guess peer pressure helped there).

Anyhoo... as I sat waiting out my 15 mins I debated offering her reassurance from someone who had BTDT. In the end I did stop and talk to her. Shared my experience and told her it was okay to be afraid. Luckily her parents didn't yell at me instead they thanked me. Hope she was able to muster the courage to get the jab.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    5th shot in arm! Ugh... so sick of being jabbed.

Interesting that the F.D.A. no longer authorizes the previous Pfizer and Moderna boosters. Could have saved myself 2 jabs. I hate needles.
    The original monovalent formulas are still being used as the initial 2 shot series for people who haven't had a single covid shot and decide to get one...if such people exist.

I'm not sure what the logic is exactly. But for boosters after the initial series they want everyone to get the bivalent formula.

I don't think you could have saved 2 jabs though? Those monovalent boosters 3 and 4 did their job as best they could. Hopefully the bivalent does even better. Some argue the bivalent should be a 2 shot series also to boost the omicron half.

Needle phobia has a name...Trypanophobia. It can apparently be a major roadblock to medical care for people who are stricken.

As a child shots and the dentist made me sick to my stomach. As an adult, I don't care. Bring your worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

I couldn’t even feel the needle from my flu shot yesterday or my bivalent vax last month. Needles never bothered me. But i get cold sweats when exposed to heights.

The previous boosters helped against delta. But omicron needed more gas

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Needles never bothered me. But i get cold sweats when exposed to heights.
    This resonates with me bigtime. Had made skiing ‘interesting’ all these decades. Absolutely HATE riding the chair. Fine on a gondola or tram though.

Had Covid at the end of July. Guess I’m finally due for the newest booster. And flu.

+1 to bar down more than up as I get older. Always been afraid of heights but fought it head on by doing some free climbing in my late teens. I still have nightmares from the stupid shit I did to spite my healthy fear of heights back then.

Getting jabbed won't make us bulletproof but it's the best we can do. Thank you all for doing what you can for humanity and hopefully we can keep it under control enough. I really don't want to have to go back to masks all the time indoors again.. But, I'll still wear one if around anyone else who is uncomfortable, positive, compromised, etc....
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Bivalent booster kicked my ass about 4 hours after getting it and for about 10 hours total.

Only the first J&J vaccine gave me any reaction at all. That one made me feel like I'd fallen off of the roof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Not a bad reaction to either the flu shot or the bivalent, though I indulged in a little pharmaceutical help with the booster.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I indulged in a little pharmaceutical help with the booster.

^ It wasn’t strictly…legal. Kind of…anasthesiatic. .

4th shot on Friday, felt fine overnight but last night started getting a very slightly stuffy nose and extremely light sore throat. Tested Covid negative twice about 8 hours apart today and it hasn’t gotten worse. I’m hoping it’s just sniffles from mountain biking in 25 degree weather combined with a heightened immune system, but I’m not going out in public anyway.

I got my second booster and the flu vaccine the same day last week, but one in each arm. The flu shot arm was more sore but was barely noticeable the next day. The following day I had the chills for a couple hours, but otherwise no symptoms and didn't have to alter my schedule.

I wanted the booster for my upcoming trip to Europe.

Had an appointment today for the newest Covid booster, would be 4th shot, and flu but Saturday started feeling quite worked. Sapped energy, body ache, cold chills and a 99.7 reading. Canceled this morning.
    Temp is back to normal, tested twice and negative for the vid. But holy shit both sides under my armpits are sore as all get out. Like tender to the touch. Not feeling bad anymore but not feeling chipper. Wonder what is going on now?

Lotta wimps around here. My childhood shots were all done with reusable, big, not very sharp needles. The later ones were given by my dad who boiled his glass syringes and needles on the stove and did all the cousins. I have no sympathy for anyone complaining about present day shots. Besides I take an lipid lowering shot with an epi-pen type injector every 2 weeks, which hurts more than any vaccine. BUT . ,. . I'm glad I don't have to prick my fingers multiple times per day to check blood sugar. That would not be fun. My brother was a juvenile diabetic and did that for 40 years and never complained. Tough guy.

I was in the ER yesterday for what turned out to be just a big hematoma in my butt but I thought I might have broken a hip. Every other patient around me had a fever and cough. Glad I had an N95. Doc said most of the cases were RSV.

Why the hematoma? Poopenhousen?