Page 1588 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 ... LastLast
Results 39,676 to 39,700 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by jummo View Post
    I had one crawl back behind the glovebox in our Tundra and die after eating a bunch of the sound insulation from under the hood.
    The first clue was the unmistakable smell of death in our new truck. The second was the chewed insulation.
    I finally figured where it was, got the glovebox out and started trying to pry it out intact.
    Goddamn thing came apart leaking noxious goo deep into my truck.
    The wife says she can't smell it but I still do every time I open the door.
    Two years later.
    That's the kind of shit that annoys me.
    Shoulda just drove it off a cliff and reported it stolen. Start fresh

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    I am annoyed. Fucking packrat moved into my truck, every night he builds a new nest, every morning I remove the nest. He is building in both the cabin filter and engine filter areas. I have set traps, removed the filters, cleaned rat shit up for 3 weeks straight. Still haven't caught the fucker. Aside from spending the night in my driveway with my 12 gauge I'm out of ideas. Thoughts?
    Dryer sheets. Spread 'em around generously in the car, engine compartment, and underneath the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Shoulda just drove it off a cliff and reported it stolen. Start fresh
    Right? Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    What happened to the cat?
    I let him out.

The Jeep I bought spent 10 winters in a farm shed. Had a bag of rat poison secured under the hood and a screen over the air intake. Those farmers must have a clue.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Neighbors allowing hunting on their property and the hunters ending up on my property.

Maybe 20yrs ago you could safely hunt around here but today there is way too much activity by kids, farmers, horseback riders and livestock on neighboring properties to hunt around these parts.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Ugh. Vibes. I’ve found that hunters (like basically every other outdoor group) have gotten more entitled and douchey the last five or ten years, too.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Dryer sheets. Spread 'em around generously in the car, engine compartment, and underneath the vehicle.
    This, and/or mothballs. There's also some natural spray that they make to drive them off, it has garlic and lemon and a bunch of other stuff. Smells pretty bad but wears off eventually. I had a customer w/ a marmot living in the engine bay and that's how they got it to move out.

I’m a big fan of peanut butter on the rim of a 5 gallon bucket of water

Make them walk the blank to the peanut butter and drown the little bastards, I’ve had success with mice and rats.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Neighbors allowing hunting on their property and the hunters ending up on my property.

Maybe 20yrs ago you could safely hunt around here but today there is way too much activity by kids, farmers, horseback riders and livestock on neighboring properties to hunt around these parts.
    I have caught two so far this year on my property. One had the nerve to park in my driveway so I couldn't pull out to take my son to school. Then when I caught him he said he's been hunting here for years like that makes it okay. He also said he appreciates the trail I built (on my land) because it makes going up the mountain so much easier. I told him to get lost and it was clear I really hurt his feelings. I explained I have kids and dogs running around and I don't need guns going off too. Two days after our conversation I caught him again, this time he parked down the road. I wouldn't have known he was there except my dog sniffed him out and scared him. he is a 100lb Malamute.

As for the other guy, I told him he was on private land and he said he entered from the national forest. Given the terrain you would have to be a total badass to do it, when I pressed further for his route it was clear his access was also from my land. He left shortly after and has not come back.

I have caught two so far this year on my property. One had the nerve to park in my driveway so I couldn't pull out to take my son to school. Then when I caught him he said he's been hunting here for years like that makes it okay. He also said he appreciates the trail I built (on my land) because it makes going up the mountain so much easier. I told him to get lost and it was clear I really hurt his feelings. I explained I have kids and dogs running around and I don't need guns going off too. Two days after our conversation I caught him again, this time he parked down the road. I wouldn't have known he was there except my dog sniffed him out and scared him. he is a 100lb Malamute.

As for the other guy, I told him he was on private land and he said he entered from the national forest. Given the terrain you would have to be a total badass to do it, when I pressed further for his route it was clear his access was also from my land. He left shortly after and has not come back.
    Ugh.

There is no public land around here. Area is zoned 10 ag/res. There are still a few of us that own large parcels (I have 110 acres) but much of it has been parceled out with single family homes built on them.

The guy who allowed these hunters lives right next to a new housing development with lots of kids/pets/horses. I honestly don't get thinking it's okay to hunt in this area. Go up to the freaking mountains. It's only a 40 min drive I'd that.

As if right on cue....there is a doe currently at my bird bath drinking.....
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221023_085229.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	430885

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I’d heard that theory many years ago, so when I stored my truck for a couple of months at a friend’s house I dutifully put in a few dryer sheets. Those things smell.

Turns out a rodent made a nest on top of the engine anyway. He was stoked to have access to the dryer sheets—he made a comfy mattress for the nest with them. So much for that idea.

update: I tried the spray and that didn't stop them. I caught two of the little fuckers last night using live traps and peanut butter. They still got a full nest built before they were caught which leads me to believe there are more. Just my luck it's not just one I get the whole packrat family.

getting called in to work on my day off then equipment malfunctions and I’m dead in the water for a few hours

damn it
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Grocery store sale price is not reflected at checkout.

it’s not my fucking job to ask for a discount that is advertised in the aisles!!

Apparently it is, if you want the discount.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Grocery store sale price is not reflected at checkout.

it’s not my fucking job to ask for a discount that is advertised in the aisles!!
    Get the Safeway app it totally rocks. You can "clip" all your coupons on you phone when you're at home then just put in your phone number at the check out stand and badda bing badda boom!

I just saved $30 bucks. You get reward points to that can be for up to $20 off your entire bill.

update: I tried the spray and that didn't stop them. I caught two of the little fuckers last night using live traps and peanut butter. They still got a full nest built before they were caught which leads me to believe there are more. Just my luck it's not just one I get the whole packrat family.
    Get an outdoor cat maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Get the Safeway app it totally rocks. You can "clip" all your coupons on you phone when you're at home then just put in your phone number at the check out stand and badda bing badda boom!

I just saved $30 bucks. You get reward points to that can be for up to $20 off your entire bill.
    Or shop at Grocery Outlet--no sales, discount programs, coupons etc. Just much lower prices than the Safeway sales and discount prices across the street. I still wind up going to Safeway too for stuff GO doesn't have or for better quality on some stuff.

My available coupon income has diminished significantly since the Sunday paper with it’s shit loads of fucking coupons in it stopped showing up... That was always a relaxing few hours of clipping coupons, menu planning and thinking about what tasty foods I’m going to eat in the future.

t’was a good way to kill time before the Internet came around with better ways to kill time.

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Or shop at Grocery Outlet--no sales, discount programs, coupons etc. Just much lower prices than the Safeway sales and discount prices across the street. I still wind up going to Safeway too for stuff GO doesn't have or for better quality on some stuff.
    yeah my girlfriend recently turned me on to Grocery Outlet - very worth it to go there first and see what they have - wild Alaskan sockeye fillets for $12.99/# today
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

We call it Gross Out.

Usually some good deals to be had, esp. on frozen fish and wine.

I thought everyone did

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Yeah...but you can't shop there with a list because you never know what they will or won't have.