Page 1586 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 ... LastLast
Results 39,626 to 39,650 of 46225

Just tell people your internet is shitty, and the camera hogs too much bandwidth, so you leave it off.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Our place has gone full MS. I had to order a new windows laptop after 10 years and three different machines all running RHEL. Supposedly they are saving money by not having to have a support structure for all 3 OSes. However, joke's on them. There's several thousand folks like me who were given Linux machines in 2012, refreshed in 2016 and then didn't get a refresh in 2020 because refreshes were halted during COVID. The old laptop only has 8GB which is barely enough for Win 10 and I will have to run a virtual machine with RHEL on top of that, hence the new one. Of course the new laptop with 16GB might be better than trying to run a Win 10 KVM on RHEL using that same 8GB.
    I will go to my grave arguing that for non-tech people, Mac machines and Google Drive/Sheets/etc are a way better tech stack than Windows/Office.

You lose some functionality but make up for it in easier interfaces, and not being on the hook for email servers. Gmail is also 1000% better than outlook.

Jay walkers who take their time.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Jay walkers who take their time.
    Hell, crosswalk walkers who dawdle, all the while looking right at you and smirking. I mean, I'm a rabid pedestrian defender, but that's indefensible.
    Last edited by PB; 10-12-2022 at 06:42 PM.

Banks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banks.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	429724

Shit man. Usually you have to be really rich to be that far in debt

Just a misplaced decimal, really.
    (said the smarmy bank person)
    Last edited by PB; 10-13-2022 at 09:44 AM.

decimal at the back don't change that symbol up front.

fact.

Thinking of putting up a neighborhood sign that says “Drive like you’re not a complete fucking asshole”

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Thinking of putting up a neighborhood sign that says “Drive like you’re not a complete fucking asshole”
    I've seen ones that say: "Drive like your kids live and play here"
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I'd want to downshift and spin tires every time I drove by. I probably wouldn't, but I'd really want to.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

We have a handful of those in our hood too, but the more popular one is ‘drive slow, ski fast’.

my sign is a play on that sign which I see everywhere, I thought it was funny

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    I'd want to downshift and spin tires every time I drove by. I probably wouldn't, but I'd really want to.

Cupcakes like you aren’t my problem

Another joke guys

Neighbor that lives a few houses down an single lane dirt road easement through our property drives insanely fast dish the easement. Other neighbors say he frequently drives drunk. When walking his dog, he yells at other people to slow down on the two lane neighborhood paved road. Wtf?

We have a drainage diversion that doubles as a speed bump at one end of the easement. Said neighbor incessantly complains about the bump. He can't seem to understand that the drainage protects my adjacent neighbors property and the dirt/gravel road.

The mfr wants to pave the easement.

I am thinking about placing another speed bump, but would prefer not to inconvenience the four other neighbors.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post

Kinda like those flashing speed signs.
    It’s always tempting to set a new personal record.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Shit man. Usually you have to be really rich to be that far in debt
    Easy come, easy go

my sign is a play on that sign which I see everywhere, I thought it was funny
    There's a road I walk the dogs down, that ends in a cul-de-sac where a walking trail begins. Every single yard has one of those signs right up to the second to last house. Really, they should just have one giant arrow with "he's the asshole" painted on it.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Neighbor that lives a few houses down an single lane dirt road easement through our property drives insanely fast dish the easement. Other neighbors say he frequently drives drunk. When walking his dog, he yells at other people to slow down on the two lane neighborhood paved road. Wtf?

We have a drainage diversion that doubles as a speed bump at one end of the easement. Said neighbor incessantly complains about the bump. He can't seem to understand that the drainage protects my adjacent neighbors property and the dirt/gravel road.

The mfr wants to pave the easement.

I am thinking about placing another speed bump, but would prefer not to inconvenience the four other neighbors.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like you need to call couple hard pipe hittin brothers to go to work on homes with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch….go medieval on his ass

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    There's a road I walk the dogs down, that ends in a cul-de-sac where a walking trail begins. Every single yard has one of those signs right up to the second to last house. Really, they should just have one giant arrow with "he's the asshole" painted on it.
    Ha that's f'n great. I've seen a similar thing on a cul-de-sac near me, but there wasn't enough signs to figure out what house it's aiming for.

I'm a little grumpy because an interstate entrance near us closed down for 2 months and all the assholes are now going through our neighborhood trying to find a shortcut to the next entrance. And sidewalks are rare around me so I'm walking on streets with all this new traffic. So are my young kids.

Shitty street design is the real problem, all assholes need to be filtered away by design and we need sidewalks

I went on Newschoolers earlier, and tried to read some threads. I honestly have no fucking idea what they are saying about anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    I went on Newschoolers earlier, and tried to read some threads. I honestly have no fucking idea what they are saying about anything at all.
    Ur about 10 years late to start another crossforum flame war with those doods

keep trying tho
    i dont slay ur groomerz with teh steeze so dont carve corduroy in r park nOOb!

my arsenal !: 4FRNT CRJ : Armada Pipecleaners : Salomon 1080 Gun Lab : Rossignol Scratch FS : Salomon Yellow 1080s : Rossignol Powair : Elan SCX : K2 Extremes (4 versions)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    You mean this thread? https://www.newschoolers.com/forum/t...in-Denver--CO-

Quote Originally Posted by newschoolerz View Post
    Ur about 10 years late to start another crossforum flame war with those doods

keep trying tho
    Lol not starting shit. Just don't understand the drip anymore I guess.

I never get the love for Microsoft Office products. They are fine, but why blow up your tech to switch to teams?
    Because it's hot garbage and your IT team likely got it for free.

I will go to my grave arguing that for non-tech people, Mac machines and Google Drive/Sheets/etc are a way better tech stack than Windows/Office.

You lose some functionality but make up for it in easier interfaces, and not being on the hook for email servers. Gmail is also 1000% better than outlook.
    Accurate even for the tech savvy. MSFT is awful.

Who lets their kid play in the street?!