Page 1582 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 ... LastLast
Results 39,526 to 39,550 of 46050
    if they would let me change it to Mikey I would do that - way more people know me as mikey b than michael
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    if they would let me change it to Mikey I would do that - way more people know me as mikey b than michael
    Ya, but we're all make believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    - way more people know me as mikey...l
    Is it because you're that weird kid in the Life Cereal commercial from back in the day?!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

And here I thought he was telemike.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    At my last company we had a sales engineer in Dubai named Zia. After 5 years we were going to move him to London and found out that Zia was actually his last name, and what we thought was his last name was actually his first name. So his email address had it backwards as did every document I'd ever seen, and the fucker never corrected anyone. Likely HR/legal got it wrong on his UK immigration papers which obviously needed to be correct, and he finally told us we'd been saying it wrong all along.
    reminds me of this
    https://youtu.be/_uo6ICl7TE8
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Spotted lantern flies. If you haven’t heard of them yet, you will soon!
    Just to confirm: they're not actually flies, right??
    That's annoying.

Needing ONE particular size tool and the only way to get it (right away and locally at least) is to buy an entire freaking set. ALL I needed was one stupid little stubby T55 torx socket and then a single T55 torx Allen wrench that I needed to fit in a tight spot. $50 in mediocre grade tools later, I got the ONE bolt taken care of. Haha.

On the flip side though, it was nice to learn that Lowes sells individual ratcheting wrenches. I just needed one 10mm and was able to buy the single for like $10 instead of the entire $100 set, so at least that was good. I DO want a full set of those one day, though. Just haven't wanted to drop the coin yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Needing ONE particular size tool and the only way to get it (right away and locally at least) is to buy an entire freaking set. ALL I needed was one stupid little stubby T55 torx socket and then a single T55 torx Allen wrench that I needed to fit in a tight spot. $50 in mediocre grade tools later, I got the ONE bolt taken care of. Haha.

On the flip side though, it was nice to learn that Lowes sells individual ratcheting wrenches. I just needed one 10mm and was able to buy the single for like $10 instead of the entire $100 set, so at least that was good. I DO want a full set of those one day, though. Just haven't wanted to drop the coin yet.
    Right? Gotta save your money to buy more broken Volvos.

I had to replace some old copper pipe, and decided to just put PEX in its place, and the six connections I needed to make cost me $200 in tools, and about 12 trips to Home Depot cause nothing fit right, sizes are confusing AF, etc. Did you know that not only are there two types of PEX, but there are also two types of crimps that each need their own distinct tool?

Still faster and cheaper than a plumber, though.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Right? Gotta save your money to buy more broken Volvos.
    EXACTLY!!! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I had to replace some old copper pipe, and decided to just put PEX in its place, and the six connections I needed to make cost me $200 in tools, and about 12 trips to Home Depot cause nothing fit right, sizes are confusing AF, etc. Did you know that not only are there two types of PEX, but there are also two types of crimps that each need their own distinct tool?

Yup. That would've been a $1000 plumber visit these days. Still annoying as hell to make the multiple trips back and forth to the hardware store, so I feel ya.

can’t press escape to close full screen video or modals anymore. why?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Shark bites for small repairs. Works on pex and copper.
    No need for tools.
    . . .

Why didn’t you replace with copper and sweat some new joints in there?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    This - a torch, solder, and flux couldn't be more than about $20, could it?

PA Day for the kids today. Not sure what you call this in America but that's when the teachers still work but the kids don't have school. So my kid invites 3 of his pals over - they're nice, playing having fun, but annoying!

One of them puked and I had to drive him home. That was also annoying.

The rest of them are supposed to leave at 3. If their parents are late (one of them always is), that too will be annoying.

Wait, you're going that deep into engine work and you don't own a set of ratcheting wrenches?

I hear ya on the socket thing. My local NAPA is actually pretty decent for single tools like that, although it's a lot more expensive than they'd be as part of a set online.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    PA Day for the kids today. Not sure what you call this in America but that's when the teachers still work but the kids don't have school. So my kid invites 3 of his pals over - they're nice, playing having fun, but annoying!

One of them puked and I had to drive him home. That was also annoying.

The rest of them are supposed to leave at 3. If their parents are late (one of them always is), that too will be annoying.
    It is now 3:15. One of them is still here.

PROTIP: Don't be late when you pick your kids up from people's houses. That shit will annoy them.

Phoenix airport doesn't seem to like power outlets, there are almost none.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If it's from a large corporate entity like HD or Lowes I won't hesitate nor feel bad to return said item after using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Shark bites for small repairs. Works on pex and copper.
    No need for tools.
    This is all behind drywall and people have told me not to trust it for that stuff, though maybe they’ve gotten better over the years

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This - a torch, solder, and flux couldn't be more than about $20, could it?
    Shit man, just a cheap torch and gas was like $40 from the box store

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I should have, in hindsight, but I have never soldered before and thought PEX would be easier. The soldering was definitely the simplest part of it.

I think I have bought a new electric kettle every 2 years now for the last 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Just to confirm: they're not actually flies, right??
    That's annoying.
    I gather they’re not “flies”. The correct spelling is actually, “Lanternfly”. Damn invasive species on the east coast and spreading like crazy and a threat to many crops.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/res...ted-lanternfly

“What’s the risk?”
    Almonds
    Apples
    Apricots
    Cherries
    Grapes
    Hops
    Maple Trees
    Nectarines
    Oak Trees
    Peaches
    Pine Trees
    Plums
    Poplar Trees
    Sycamore Trees
    Walnut Trees
    Willow Trees
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

This is all behind drywall and people have told me not to trust it for that stuff, though maybe they’ve gotten better over the years
    Hell... I'm not sure I'd even trust PEX behind drywall.

Shit man, just a cheap torch and gas was like $40 from the box store
    Goddam supply chain issues.

I don't trust pex not to be in the lead/asbestos category in the future - as in "what were those idiots thinking, running potable water in pipes containing tert-Butyl alcohol"

People wearing dress shirts without necessary collar stays
    Decisions Decisions