Page 1554 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 ... LastLast
Results 38,826 to 38,850 of 46045
    It is 5 years older. And we are, apparently, a bunch of whiny bitches
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It is 5 years older. And we are, apparently, a bunch of whiny bitches
    It ain't 10x older. Your second point is more valid. Which is backed up by the fact that it took 5 years to find something that amused us.

There are two “what amuses you?” threads, if we’re gonna be anal about counting these things.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...hat-amuses-you
    P
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...hat-Amuse-You?

That’s only somewhat annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    The same people are driving down the canyon going 30mph in a 45 zone
    Oh, man... got caught behind one of these on a busy surface street right in the middle of the 'burbs this morning. And she accelerated like a goddam tortoise to boot.

The same people are driving down the canyon going 30mph in a 45 zone cause they're scared. But give them 100 yards of straight road and a passing lane and they're up to 70 cause they'd die of shame if they got passed. Speed the f up, I'm not on a scenic drive here, got places to be!
    That was the Sea to Sky from Vancouver to Whistler to a tee. Pre Olympics it was mostly twisty single lane with a few passing lanes. Without fail you get stuck behind a car doing 20 under the limit on the single lane part, then when they reach a passing lane it was like a quarter mile drag strip where they'd speed up fast as possible to prevent you from passing. Then slow down again once the passing lane ended. Got so fed up one time after a car did this on 3 consecutive passing lanes I passed them on a double yellow with a friend giving them the finger as we went past. They pulled up next to us at a traffic light in Squamish and granny in the back seat gave us the middle finger back.

The same people are driving down the canyon going 30mph in a 45 zone cause they're scared. But give them 100 yards of straight road and a passing lane and they're up to 70 cause they'd die of shame if they got passed. Speed the f up, I'm not on a scenic drive here, got places to be!
    Turbo Outback when I lived on the way to Estes Park. Fuck those tourons.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    That was the Sea to Sky from Vancouver to Whistler to a tee. Pre Olympics it was mostly twisty single lane with a few passing lanes. Without fail you get stuck behind a car doing 20 under the limit on the single lane part, then when they reach a passing lane it was like a quarter mile drag strip where they'd speed up fast as possible to prevent you from passing. Then slow down again once the passing lane ended. Got so fed up one time after a car did this on 3 consecutive passing lanes I passed them on a double yellow with a friend giving them the finger as we went past. They pulled up next to us at a traffic light in Squamish and granny in the back seat gave us the middle finger back.
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    They wouldn't get away with that stuff in France, amirite? The French invented tailgating.
    Fools would be driven off the road, or would pull over in fear of the mad drivers behind them.

I guess growing up in an alpine valley across the pond conditioned me to driving fast in the mountains and not having much patience for people who slow to a crawl anytime the road isn't straight. Now when I go back I shit myself in fear driving these narrow roads, I'm in constant fear of a head on collision. But the damn assholes driving 35 mph down Big Cottonwood Canyon, on the brakes the whole damn time except the few straight bits? Fuck that. The canyon isn't steep like LCC and the road is freshly repaved and super wide. I went through the S-curves yesterday wondering if I needed to downshift into 1st fucking gear cause we were moving so slow...

Half the time it's people who are terrified of driving a "mountain" road, which annoys me but is somewhat justifiable if they're not used to it. The real annoyance is the dipshit gawkers out for a drive looking out the window at the flowers. Jeebus forbid they see a deer or moose, they'll stop in the middle of the road to photograph the wildlife and get all huffy and puffy if you suggest they park their car and go out on a walk. They're taking their sweet ass time, never considering that some people actually commute in these canyons, or are on the clock for something, or are about to run out of beer and finish the drive all dehydrated.

Driving roads with high congestion potential for fun should be illegal. Driving for the sake of driving should be punishable by a kick to the groin. Anyone who is willing to sit in the car for any reason other than getting somewhere specific to accomplish a certain task is a toolbag of the highest order.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

The real annoyance is the dipshit gawkers out for a drive looking out the window at the flowers. Jeebus forbid they see a deer or moose, they'll stop in the middle of the road to photograph the wildlife and get all huffy and puffy if you suggest they park their car and go out on a walk. They're taking their sweet ass time, never considering that some people actually commute in these canyons, or are on the clock for something.
    Ha. Coming down rabbit ears pass, and on the clock the other day there were about 6 cars stopped, or in a drawn out process of stopping. Cars in the road, sort of on the shoulder, and one or two who were creeping along in-between lanes, uphill lanes were effectively blocked by stopped cars. Speed limit 50mph. All because they wanted to look at a moose. Complete shit show. It even happened to be next to a pull out, but people were just stopping in the road instead.

I cruised through and soon passed a line of traffic, including several semis heading up towards the mess. Imagine a loaded semi having to stop their climb up the pass because people are blocking the road to take pics of a moose.

Kinda seems like people are getting dumber and dumber. The women had their phones up taking pics, hubbies were blocking traffic with their vehicle's like they're the freaking cops. All Completely oblivious to the fact that they're creating a hazard on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Chair 6 View Post
    <snip>
    Kinda seems like people are getting dumber and dumber.
    Nah - people have been this dumb for *decades* - ask me how I know...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Nah - people have been this dumb for *decades* - ask me how I know...
    Because you're an old dumbass?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Excellent finish of the two foot putt.

Putting dog down. More than annoying but i don’t think there’s a things that break your heart thread

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreljam View Post
    Putting dog down. More than annoying but i don’t think there’s a things that break your heart thread
    Sorry for your loss SJ. There is a thread for all the pup owners going through it.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ad.php?t=49484

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    OUT FUCKING STANDING!!! PENCIL NECKED WHIPERSNAPPERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chair 6 View Post
    Ha. Coming down rabbit ears pass, and on the clock the other day there were about 6 cars stopped, or in a drawn out process of stopping. Cars in the road, sort of on the shoulder, and one or two who were creeping along in-between lanes, uphill lanes were effectively blocked by stopped cars. Speed limit 50mph. All because they wanted to look at a moose. Complete shit show. It even happened to be next to a pull out, but people were just stopping in the road instead.

I cruised through and soon passed a line of traffic, including several semis heading up towards the mess. Imagine a loaded semi having to stop their climb up the pass because people are blocking the road to take pics of a moose.

Kinda seems like people are getting dumber and dumber. The women had their phones up taking pics, hubbies were blocking traffic with their vehicle's like they're the freaking cops. All Completely oblivious to the fact that they're creating a hazard on the road.
    Sending you the feels. Ran into a similar sitch with Fall color photographers setting up tripods in the middle of the road.

Motherfucking rocks to the windshield and cracking it. My entire life before youtah 0 cracked windshields move to youtah at least one every year probably more. Have one right now on my treg fucking annoying

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Me being clueless annoys me. Didn’t realize the vagaries of different mountain bike hub driver types. My old shit isn’t compatible with the new to me shit. So I have to buy more shit but the bike stores are closed until Monday. Oh well. Learned a lot in the last 30 minutes.
    focus.

^ And next time you need use your knowledge of the new 'standards' they'll be obsolete!!

Shit that annoys you

Next time maybe I’ll know enough to ask the question, at least. This one caught me completely off guard.
    focus.

On the advice of counsel, I shall invoke my 5th Amendment privilege.

I take it for granted that most assembly instructions are going to be garbage, but I find it freshly annoying when the pictures clearly show a round/pan head screw when really they mean a flat head screw. Spent an extra two minutes looking for the screws in the picture, and then an extra three minutes posting about it here.

Look at all the time wasted.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    MARS ATTACKS!!!

ACK ACK!!!!

Imma guess OG hasn't seen that movie cuz ...... OG.
    That was Slim Whitman.

And believe it or not killing aliens with Slim Whitman yodeling was a Howard Stern bit long before Mars Attacks was even written.

Fuckn rip off artists..

https://youtu.be/CufpE5VzOkQ

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Good to know.

In a surprise to nobody, Xfinity is annoying.

You'd think that moving -- and disconnecting at one address and starting at a new address -- is something they do often enough that the process would be smooth. But no.

Saturday, I spent an HOUR on the phone with "Mandy" from India and finally figured out that one coax "plug" in my new house did not work. But it's the one in the living room and I want it to work, I don't want to have my modem in the dining room. So we schedule a tech for today. Yesterday, I get a call from someone I can barely understand, wanting to troubleshoot the problem ahead of the tech today, and asking me to start describing the problem. I tell him no, I was on the phone for an hour the day before and all the info should be there. He keeps pressing but in nice words I tell him to fuck off (in part because I couldn't even understand him). He says ok.

Today, I get a text that the tech will be arriving soon, with the usual "text x to cancel, y to jerk off, and c to buy some flowers" language (I may have edited it from its original language). And there is an "X" already there below it in my text messaging, as if I sent an X, which I did not. So I tap the X because I wanted to see what time was associated it (because that's what you do with sent texts), and THAT sent the X. So they canceled. And there's no way to uncancel. Fuck.

Oh, and did I mention when I log in on my phone there are 2 accounts for my address and it asks me which one I want to look at? And when I log in on the app it tells me my account is inactive and I need to pay my bill? What the everloving fuck. I have to drive to the store to figure this shit out. Great way to spend my first day of work back from vacation.

But they are still better than CenturyLink.