Page 885 of 929 FirstFirst ... 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ... LastLast
Results 22,101 to 22,125 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Hell even the Instacart folks are running around unmasked and not testing.. Betting they're out there working even if they know they have it. They have to. No sick pay for gig workers.
    Just how much do you miss Epicski? Let's say, on a scale of Riser3 to SumJongGuy.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Just how much do you miss Epicski? Let's say, on a scale of Riser3 to SumJongGuy.
    Somewhere around jono? I was mostly out after Joan (R.I.P.) sold it..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

There’s always pugski

I haven't heard of Joan, so we're probably not quite on the same level. I take it peak Epic occurred before she sold?

I haven't heard of Joan, so we're probably not quite on the same level. I take it peak Epic occurred before she sold?
    Yep a LOT of people bailed when Vail bought it. I hung around a few of the local meet up threads for ski house share trips but migrated to some skateboard forums for the more social chatter stuff..

Is this an Ogden scale?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Is this an Ogden scale?
    with endless degrees of freedom

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    There’s always pugski
    No there isn't. It's been transmographied into SkiTalk. Yes, I spend almost as much time there as here.

Is this an Ogden scale?
    It's kinda like an Ogden scale in that there are usually around 10ish steps to it and it changes--sometimes the number of steps and sometimes the order.

At Riser3 there's only one forum and at SumJongGuy desperate withdrawals. But the steps between are chunky and inconsistent: sometimes a couple of former posters miss Epic but get by in the middle. You might think they'd be out there close to SumJongGuy in the official order, but no: between them and him are usually a few maggots who knew Epicski only by reputation. Until it was over.

For example, this was the scale a few years ago:

riser3: there is only one forum
    BushwackerinPA: do you even dolphin turn?
    Ghost of Carl: Hugh's posts there were uninspiring
    Delco714: It was ok; needed a Harry Potter subforum
    Yetiman: Epicski was Zero Ogdens
    Iceman: Now where do I find the real beta on goggle VLT for all light conditions?
    Waistdeepgroomers: TGR was easier when there was EpicSki
    Fugitive: Tech Talk is pwned by the bootfitters' cabal and should be challenged
    Ghostofseasonspast: desperately hoping for a visit from 18/19
    SumJongGuy: in my dreams I'm still some kind of bear

Pretty sure it could use an update.

It's kinda like an Ogden scale in that there are usually around 10ish steps to it and it changes--sometimes the number of steps and sometimes the order.

At Riser3 there's only one forum and at SumJongGuy desperate withdrawals. But the steps between are chunky and inconsistent: sometimes a couple of former posters miss Epic but get by in the middle. You might think they'd be out there close to SumJongGuy in the official order, but no: between them and him are usually a few maggots who knew Epicski only by reputation. Until it was over.

Iceman: Now where do I find the real beta on goggle VLT for all light conditions?

Wow you obsess over other ski forums like Bernie Propane obsessed over Hillary LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Is the Ogden scale related to the bristol stool chart?
    This paradox cannot be ethically answered because finding all the similarities would require a copious dose of LSD, and examining the Bristol stool scale on that much acid could have life-changing consequences which would likely end the usefulness of either scale for the test subjects.

It would be like explaining the Epic scale to SumJongGuy: self-defeating.

I occasionally read the bullfighting forum.

I occasionally read the bullfighting forum.
    And that's why the scale starts with Riser3.

And that's why the scale starts with Riser3.
    Sometimes I feel like I've lost my way.

Sometimes I feel like I've lost my way.
    Is there a vaccine to help with this? Or do we just have to keep wearing JONG masks?

Visiting the local lake/boathouse to rent a SUP / boat, I always double mask when ordering at the outdoor counter. Been wondering if that's overkill. Yesterday I'm there, and they are short employees due to covid outbreak. In their entire complex, every area is well ventilated - windows open, doors open and half the work is fully outdoors on the beach or docks. There's often a breeze. They have one indoor meeting room, occasionally used for corporate events.

I'll be wearing a mask for awhile yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Visiting the local lake/boathouse to rent a SUP / boat, I always double mask when ordering at the outdoor counter. Been wondering if that's overkill. Yesterday I'm there, and they are short employees due to covid outbreak. In their entire complex, every area is well ventilated - windows open, doors open and half the work is fully outdoors on the beach or docks. There's often a breeze. They have one indoor meeting room, occasionally used for corporate events.

Sure, but they could have all gone to a co-worker’s birthday party at the local Hooters. Who knows the different exposures people have.

Are they all wearing masks there too? I'm hoping that outdoors in the wind, most people vaxxed there isn't enough recently used air mixed in with what we're taking in each breath to do any damage. But, no matter how I feel, if I see a sign requesting it, or most employees at a place wearing a mask I cover up too just out of consideration even if I don't feel the threat.

Indoors if I end up in some kind of line, or face to face with other humans for more than a minute or two the mask goes back on.. all about what I perceive to be the prevalence of recently used air for risk assessment. Regardless of that, if the folks who are stuck working wherever I go are wearing masks, so will I if I interact with them.

That's me though. All I expect of anyone else is just to follow the local sinage and ordinances.

Is there a vaccine to help with this? Or do we just have to keep wearing JONG masks?
    I found the answer..

Name:  moran.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  7.1 KB
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 07-18-2022 at 02:49 PM.

No need to double mask if you have a decent fitting N95, KN95, or KF94 (Korean version of N95). Or do you have a big beard? I'm not wearing a mask outdoors but depending on the situation it's certainly not zero risk. Certainly no reason to feel like you're doing too much. Now about that monkey pox . . .

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Sure, but they could have all gone to a co-worker’s birthday party at the local Hooters. Who knows the different exposures people have.
    It was the orgy in the boathouse

I found the answer..

Name:  moran.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  7.1 KB
    Do you always talk to yourself?

Do you always talk to yourself?
    I wasn't talking to you

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i got banned from both gapic and turd tips
    both swirled the shit bowl into the big fail of perma flushing within months
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i got banned from both gapic and turd tips
    both swirled the shit bowl into the big fail of perma flushing within months
    Have you considered getting banned from Alpine Zone?