Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1313
    Camp grounds were empty today. Can't say how I know. But they were probably 1/4 full with lots of vacancy signs on all the good spots. I guess not having AB and ON/QC plates poaching all the good spots from online permit resellers is going to create some good availabilities. I hope they keep the restrictions till after May 24. Although the rain came and went, lightly, it was epically calm, peaceful and quiet anywhere along the Sea2Sky. The birds weren't really chirping. They were 'talking' it seemed as it was easy to hear the actual conversations going on. All the quiet, lack of campfire smoke, and less people made for some very natural ambiance. Sorry no pics. I hope people don't let the new round of restrictions get them too funked out of getting out and smelling the forest.
    Last edited by puregravity; 04-26-2021 at 12:19 AM.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Warm and humid up in the alpine-looks like pow is done. Only 200ish days till it’s good again

Corn & bike season it is

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1619496266.868484.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	273.7 KB 
ID:	372839

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Epic shredding in the Rockies today! Enjoy!

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ntrol-problems
    National Post? Send up a flare when you get a clue.

Anyone in summer ops at WB been contacted about the bike park? Any sense as to whether or not they are looking to get things prepped for a park season or are they taking a wait and see approach so far?

a better question might be which variant is raging thru Whis ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    Anyone in summer ops at WB been contacted about the bike park? Any sense as to whether or not they are looking to get things prepped for a park season or are they taking a wait and see approach so far?
    The key to life is forging ahead bravely. Infer from that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    The key to life is forging ahead bravely. Infer from that what you will.
    That doesn't sound good to me.

But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    That doesn't sound good to me.
    It was meant to sound optimistic. We've been buffing trails for a few weeks now getting things ready for the TBD opening date. We've hired a bunch of staff and are ready for a banner park season, whenever it ends up kicking off.

Is Vail going to call going to call WB 'Vail'? Rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Is Vail going to call going to call WB 'Vail'? Rumor.
    That makes zero sense, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    That makes zero sense, so no.
    I hear you. Although, often the zero sense test reveals the most likely candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    I hear you. Although, often the zero sense test reveals the most likely candidate.
    No, in fact it very rarely, if ever does.

Anyone remember from summer ops last year if they had an age limit on masks? Want to take my 2.5 year old up the gondi/P2P this summer, show him people riding the bike park etc. but he won’t wear a mask consistently.

Usually it's 4-5+ that need to wear masks.

Also have a 2.5 year old and he's yet to wear a mask and we've yet to have a problem. honestly it was hard enough keeping a mask on our faces in public without him grabbing it off.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    Usually it's 4-5+ that need to wear masks.

Also have a 2.5 year old and he's yet to wear a mask and we've yet to have a problem. honestly it was hard enough keeping a mask on our faces in public without him grabbing it off.
    Thanks, and yeah I've seen it 5-6+ usually here in the city. There were some airlines that were demanding toddlers wear them is why I asked. With current trend on vaccinations and case rates hopefully summer ops aren't that far off, definitely want to get the kids up there a few times this summer.

Still waiting to hear a response from vail regarding my credit? 3-5days with a an official claim # has turned into 3 months. Friends keep pointing out similar experiences in the Peak news mag....

Guess if I don’t get a response I don’t buy a pass, I don’t spend any money there. Someone else wants it, spend with someone who cares about there clients...

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Still waiting to hear a response from vail regarding my credit? 3-5days with a an official claim # has turned into 3 months. Friends keep pointing out similar experiences in the Peak news mag....

Guess if I don’t get a response I don’t buy a pass, I don’t spend any money there. Someone else wants it, spend with someone who cares about there clients...
    I'm still waiting for the cheque to come from early March that they said would take 7 days.

Whistler muni suing the Pique for ransomware coverage? WTF. The comments are golden. This is almost as stupid as the time they officially asked the oil industry for compensation.

https://www.facebook.com/PiqueNewsma...58976990050622

I just saw the mountain is planning to reopen on Monday the 31st for biking and sightseeing!

Is there a perk to getting the WB pass vs epic? WB 1119cad, epic ~945cad. Both unlimited with no blackouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Is there a perk to getting the WB pass vs epic? WB 1119cad, epic ~945cad. Both unlimited with no blackouts.
    With the WB unlimited pass you get to pay GST.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Just to see if anyone has had the same experience. I'm based in Seattle and got an Edge card for the 20/21 season (as I had credit to rollover from the 19/20 season). Obviously didn't get to use any days this year. I was stupid and didn't file my refund request for my Edge card earlier in the season; eventually filed it on May 28th. I got an email back today saying that I wasn't going to be getting any money back, as

"Per EPIC Coverage Terms and Conditions, all claims must be submitted as soon as reasonably possible but, in any event, no later than 30 days after the qualifying event of which seven (7) impacted days must be within the Core Season (December 8th, 2020 thru April 4th, 2020)."

Anyone else got shafted in that way? I can't be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    Just to see if anyone has had the same experience. I'm based in Seattle and got an Edge card for the 20/21 season (as I had credit to rollover from the 19/20 season). Obviously didn't get to use any days this year. I was stupid and didn't file my refund request for my Edge card earlier in the season; eventually filed it on May 28th. I got an email back today saying that I wasn't going to be getting any money back, as

"Per EPIC Coverage Terms and Conditions, all claims must be submitted as soon as reasonably possible but, in any event, no later than 30 days after the qualifying event of which seven (7) impacted days must be within the Core Season (December 8th, 2020 thru April 4th, 2020)."

Anyone else got shafted in that way? I can't be the only one.
    They Still haven’t replied to my claim back from early April. Initially gave me a claim # and said someone will reply in 5 days. I don’t have the time to waste on the phone for hours on hold so I will just take my money someplace else...

I requested a refund, but did it sometime in April. I got the refund a few weeks later and applied it to an Epic pass for next season.