Page 91 of 199 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    They should bring the name back and call it the Courier. I had an 81, that was a great little truck (most of the time). It only stranded me once Unfortunately that was a broken timing belt 51 miles west of Green River at about 1am. Had it towed into Salinas, the guy called in on the CB while we were on the way there and he dropped it at the NAPA because they had the belt in stock. 30 minutes later I was rolling again.
    Maybe they didn't want one of these coming up in a search.

Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That looks much better than I expected when clicking on something called the Ford Maverick. (The old one doesn't exactly bring back fond memories.)

I like the Ridgeline, and might well buy the facelifted one later this year or next year.
    Same. The majority of truck buyers seldom, if ever, need the truck. I like the Ridgeline in concept. The original one was close and the new one is sweet on the inside, but not sure what they were thinking with its current exterior design. Is it already up for a refresh? If so, pictures of it?

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Maybe they didn't want one of these coming up in a search.

Eww, yikes.

Google "2021 Honda Ridgeline" - current model has been around since 2017 model year, 2021 brings a mostly exterior facelift. There were some minor changes for the 2020 year too.

It's basically a Pilot or Passport with a bed, stiffer suspension, and a great AWD system.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I wouldn't mind having the newer ridgeline for a dd. A ridgeline with a tailgate pad would get some serious use at my house. Then a real truck for doing truck stuff. The wife thinks they are ugly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post

Guess I’ll look at some comps for other brands, I don’t have an allegence one way or the other. Only mandatories are 6.5 foot bed and 2 doors, not four. I wish there was enough room for ski boots behind the seats in a standard cab. Seems there is in some not in the others. Would be nicer to have the shorter wheelbase.

Reg cab only available in 8' beds these days. I have a '13 Tundra reg cab, 6.5' bed, 4x4 which someone will have to pry from my cold dead hands to get it. (Thankfully my wife's job supplies the fuel - the 5.7L sucks it down.)

My buddy has a Ford ext cab w the 2.3L ecoboost and it gets the job done using very little fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Hopefully will sport 3 on the Tree tranny.
    C'mon man! Four on the floor, FTW!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I wouldn't mind having the newer ridgeline for a dd. A ridgeline with a tailgate pad would get some serious use at my house. Then a real truck for doing truck stuff. The wife thinks they are ugly though.
    Former boss has a '16 Ridgeline. He used it for his 80 mile R/T commute dd. Good gas mileage. Some semi-decent utility. But, yeah, that truck is fuggly.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

If I can squeeze past the conversation on your wives' trucks.

^^^ hell yeah!

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Google "2021 Honda Ridgeline" - current model has been around since 2017 model year, 2021 brings a mostly exterior facelift. There were some minor changes for the 2020 year too.

It's basically a Pilot or Passport with a bed, stiffer suspension, and a great AWD system.
    That's better. I'm familiar with them and the platform. It's a neat idea. And like I said; the type of truck the majority of truck buyers should buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    If I can squeeze past the conversation on your wives' trucks.

Typical comment from a typical truck owner

Also, Land Cruisers!!

I'd love to have a Land Cruiser, and if it got significantly better than 13 mpg, I could probably justify the price.

The "it's more durable than anything" argument that gets applied to Land Cruisers and Cummins diesels overlooks that everything non-mechanical still wears out on any vehicle. Body, interior, electrical, soft parts (gaskets, bushings). It doesn't really matter if the drivetrain will go 1,000,000 miles if everything around it fell apart 700,000 miles previously.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The fuel mileage is abysmal, no doubt.

I'd love to have a Land Cruiser, and if it got significantly better than 13 mpg, I could probably justify the price.

The "it's more durable than anything" argument that gets applied to Land Cruisers and Cummins diesels overlooks that everything non-mechanical still wears out on any vehicle. Body, interior, electrical, soft parts (gaskets, bushings). It doesn't really matter if the drivetrain will go 1,000,000 miles if everything around it fell apart 700,000 miles previously.
    Eh, only somewhat. The interior bits and other consumables are far more durable than people think, especially compared to some of the garbage major OEMs are putting out these days. Keep in mind that the Land Cruiser is meant for long-mileage, in harsh terrain, with longevity as a key. This translates to other areas of the vehicles. It's not like they built a million-mile drive-train and surrounded it with a Corolla.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    The fuel mileage is abysmal, no doubt.
    It is. The V8 4Runners with the same 4.7L drivetrain are not better. You maybe get 1 mpg better and a smaller tank, all for a much shorter range.

We just rolled over 250k on our land cruiser. Took it up to ketchum this past weekend. Comfortable, capable, reliable. It's get fine gas mileage parked in front of the house most of it's life. Nissan leaf for wife's daily driver.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Moon Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    We just rolled over 250k on our land cruiser. Took it up to ketchum this past weekend. Comfortable, capable, reliable. It's get fine gas mileage parked in front of the house most of it's life. Nissan leaf for wife's daily driver.

sent from Utah.
    WTF man? No shout out? Could have come down to Haileytown and had a beer.

Also, I now own a 200 series LC. Having owned just about all of the domestic series, it's a trip. You can feel the DNA of the 80 and 100 quite easily while obviously enjoying the refinements. It's in the way it accelerates full of torque but slow, the angles, the steering and that satisfying whoomp made when closing the door that LC owners know so well. It's civilized but very capable, can tow happily and is quiet as a mouse. Mine is pretty built up in full disclosure, with OME suspension, 33's, winch, rack and other utilities.

The 200 smoked my buddy's 2019 raptor in the clay and deep mud of Nevada last weekend--both running aggressive tires. Where the Raptor was fishtailing and struggling, the LC never even stuttered and I never had to touch a dial, use low or lock the center diff. The Raptor smoked it when accelerating predictably but the LC crushed in mud and had no problems keeping up on dry BLM roads. It's also stupid good on ice.
    Yeah, the mpg is joke and that's compounded by a smallish tank but when you have them in their element, the 200 is very much a legitimate offroad rig, seeing that its heavy as shit and IFS. I'm very happy with it thus far and I wasn't sure if I was going to love it like my previous LCs. Still own my 40 but that's a different rig all together.

Is it worth the price? I don't know. I'd put it up against any modern rig for an all around rig that can do long road trips, tow and still be trusted to get out and back through questionable shit, but everyone has a different take on what they value. I've been stranded enough to appreciate the comfort blanket of an LC.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

New truck. Nickname the Murder Hornet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	782378.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	351.4 KB 
ID:	366370
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Needs moar grills and lights.

Nissan finally came out with their version of a Tacoma.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022...t-look-review/

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    New truck. Nickname the Murder Hornet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	782378.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	351.4 KB 
ID:	366370
    I'm shopping right now for a 1-ton pickup. Curious why you decided to go with the Silverado (vs Ram, vs Ford).

I'm shopping right now for a 1-ton pickup. Curious why you decided to go with the Silverado (vs Ram, vs Ford).
    I just ordered a 3/4 chevy yesterday. I was waffling back and forth between the 1 ton and 3/4 ton and the sales guy told me the only difference between the two was the springs in the rear, everything else is the same. I'm so curious if this guy was full of shit or if he was serious. I got the heavier springs, plow prep, etc. It's about 12 weeks out. So ready to ditch the Tundra.

I also considered the Ram. Dude said if you are going 1/2 ton the Ram is the way to go but you jump to 3/4 ton Chevy all the way.
    Last edited by easyrdr; 03-08-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    I just ordered a 3/4 chevy yesterday. I was waffling back and forth between the 1 ton and 3/4 ton and the sales guy told me the only difference between the two was the springs in the rear, everything else is the same. I'm so curious if this guy was full of shit or if he was serious. I got the heavier springs, plow prep, etc. It's about 12 weeks out. So ready to ditch the Tundra.

I also considered the Ram. Dude said if you are going 1/2 ton the Ram is the way to go but you jump to 3/4 ton Chevy all the way.
    Depends on MFG but I'd look real hard at gearing. In modern Fords, that's one of the only differences. That and overload springs. Gearing, as you know, has an effect on just about everything.

I've been spending a lot of time researching Ford F250 and F350 for a new camper hauling truck. For 2021 at least, the F350 SRW gets you (vs F250) higher carrying and towing capacity, and a manufacturer's sticker validating it. The F350 with 6.2L gas motor gets you the 10-speed transmission that is also used with the diesel (F250 6.2 comes with a lighter duty 6-speed).

The 6.2 seems to be reliable - has been in production around a decade. There's a newer and more powerful 7.3 gas motor that isn't much more $, and comes with the 10-speed in 250/350, but I'd like to see a longer history on a Ford motor before I'd go for it.

I don't want a diesel, so looking only at gas motors.

I'm about 95% sure I'm ordering a F350. I like GM drivetrain, but dislike the interior and front end on current ones, and am tired of GM IFS. The Rams look the nicest to me, inside and out - but I have reliability concerns. So... Ford.