Page 57 of 149 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3712
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I usually ski charger type skis in 186-196 lengths. Renegades for pow (186 and 96 depending on day), Cochise, QST 106 and devestators are my more every day ski, have some msp 99 I almost never ski. Plus some other random shit. Quiver is absurdly huge, but I’ve been thinking about the 182 mfree 108 for an easy skiing ski. There’s just some days when I’m feeling a little beat up that a softer ski with camber might really help out. I can get them pretty cheap. Will I be disappointed in the shorter length?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    What’s your weight/height? Just going off your other stated length skis, go 192. They are super easy to ski. No way would I want the 182.

^^^ This

5’10 185. But buying the 192 would put it in line with all the other skis I own 20+ pair in rotation (yes, they all get skied). Looking for a ski, for the day after 4 bell to bell days and want something easy but not k2 garbage

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    5’10 185. But buying the 192 would put it in line with all the other skis I own 20+ pair in rotation (yes, they all get skied). Looking for a ski, for the day after 4 bell to bell days and want something easy but not k2 garbage

I don’t think the 192 is what you want. Yeah it’s easy to ski, but it’s not light and chill.

I think you want a 186 enforcer 104.

The Dynastar Thread

The 182 would be dead easy, but might not have the top end for hot laps. 192 is not challenging (compared to other cult favorite Dynastars) and would be damn fun at Alta/Bird: slarve, pop, carve.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Have 4 days on new-to-me- but used 184cm 2012 LP105 and gotta say I love this ski! It knifes wind buff and then rails groomers on the run out. No speed limit that I have found. Gotta be charging. They don't want to lolligag and I have found you do have to drive the tips or they wander just a touch, but for me it's a perfect everyday ski. Just an awesome Mammoth ski.

Those wood sidewalls don't look like they are gonna last unfortunately Didn't manufacturers learn that lesson yet? I think it was the old Sanouk that also had them and didn't hold up either.
    I think the slight amount of tip rocker on the 184 loosens them up more than I expected and I think it's great. Perhaps it was all the hype of LP105 being a death machine but I found them surprisingly manageable and great for knifing things. Agree that you need to pressure the tips but you shouldn't be on your ass skiing through chunder anyways. They are definitely the skis I pull for top to bottom gondola runs on cold days.

The wood sidewalls are my favorite part of this ski and Im hoping I can to make em last. I mounted them up with some fks 18s and they are heavy, hoping to ski them for the next 10 years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    I think the slight amount of tip rocker on the 184 loosens them up more than I expected and I think it's great.
    I concur

The Dynastar Thread

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Yesterday...was a good day. 3” on top of ~24” over the last four days. Read: choppy, fast, compliant when you want to smash into things. IMO, ideal conditions for these. First day on the new pair, I haven’t skied them in three years. The factory tune was pretty abysmal, zero base bevel from the contact points out and way too sharp, so i did three minutes of work before I rushed out to get on the snow. Tails were still a bit grabby, but I forgot just how much I love this ski. Every time I ski these I think, this is the best ski dynastar ever made.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B89A37DE-82AF-46DB-AAEA-70535B2C1260.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	449.5 KB 
ID:	363383

I'm unfortunately selling my 2nd pair of the Pro Rider (same top sheet as above I believe), unmounted, if anyone is interested. Will have a thread in B/S/T by this weekend but wanted to give the thread a heads up.

Not sure on price, but they've never been skied or mounted. Think I paid $750, willing to let go for $600 shipped (sound reasonable?)
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

such a good ski i bought my wife a pair. glad i did, such an intuitive ski and shes skiing faster than ever. love how loose the ski is in 3d, love it on edge
    fuckya

Name:	Image1613851988.805707.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	363965

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Yesterday...was a good day. 3” on top of ~24” over the last four days. Read: choppy, fast, compliant when you want to smash into things. IMO, ideal conditions for these. First day on the new pair, I haven’t skied them in three years. The factory tune was pretty abysmal, zero base bevel from the contact points out and way too sharp, so i did three minutes of work before I rushed out to get on the snow. Tails were still a bit grabby, but I forgot just how much I love this ski. Every time I ski these I think, this is the best ski dynastar ever made.

Name:	B89A37DE-82AF-46DB-AAEA-70535B2C1260.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	449.5 KB 
ID:	363383
    That was my same experience with the factory tune. I wasn’t smart enough to check it before I skiied them. Cost me surgery, a lot of PT, and a season. There were other issues that led to injury but the godawful tune was most of it.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Name:	IMG_3222.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	290.7 KB 
ID:	364200
    This fucking ski... the got damn Ron Popeil of skis. Just set it.................and forget it.
    Firm, shin deep, knee deep, balls deep, don’t GAF. Carve, float, surf, charge, play, same shit. Mach Klammer? Why the fuck not. Kopi_red and I put these bishes through their paces the last three days and hot damn they delivered. I keep waiting to find something they suck at, can’t fucking find it. I could literally chop my quiver to three, maybe two skis and be just fine, but that’s fucking dumb.
    Honestly if a person is looking for a one ski quiver, that’s a weird concept amirite, these can absolutely be it.

Name:	IMG_3221.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	944.1 KB 
ID:	364201

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post

Name:	IMG_3222.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	290.7 KB 
ID:	364200
    This fucking ski... the got damn Ron Popeil of skis. Just set it.................and forget it.
    Firm, shin deep, knee deep, balls deep, don’t GAF. Carve, float, surf, charge, play, same shit. Mach Klammer? Why the fuck not. Kopi_red and I put these bishes through their paces the last three days and hot damn they delivered. I keep waiting to find something they suck at, can’t fucking find it. I could literally chop my quiver to three, maybe two skis and be just fine, but that’s fucking dumb.
    Honestly if a person is looking for a one ski quiver, that’s a weird concept amirite, these can absolutely be it.

Name:	IMG_3221.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	944.1 KB 
ID:	364201
    Alright alright I gotta get on a pair. Tried to get my rockered soles into jackattacks 192s last week but couldn't get them to work...
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Alright alright I gotta get on a pair. Tried to get my rockered soles into jackattacks 192s last week but couldn't get them to work...
    What's your bsl? I'm thinking about heading up to the windy hill midweek. My 192 mfree's are mounted on the line for 305 bsl. Bindings are Pivots so not too much adjustability.

Name:	IMG_0922.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	880.0 KB 
ID:	364225

Great in powder, need more snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    What's your bsl? I'm thinking about heading up to the windy hill midweek. My 192 mfree's are mounted on the line for 305 bsl. Bindings are Pivots so not too much adjustability.
    I'm a 305 as well. Are your pivots gripwalk by chance?

I'm a 305 as well. Are your pivots gripwalk by chance?
    No. Mine are, but on 182s
    I can send them up with him if you want

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    No. Mine are, but on 182s
    I can send them up with him if you want
    182s are my size in this ski, so even better. I'll PM you.

182s are my size in this ski, so even better. I'll PM you.
    No worries. Im working until Saturday this week, so it should be easy for you to get on them.

is all this praise for the 108?

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 538
Size:  14.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    You might get the impression from this thread that the mfree 108 cures cancer.

It doesn't cure cancer right now but I heard the Dynastar engineers are working on that for us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    You might get the impression from this thread that the mfree 108 cures cancer.

It doesn't cure cancer right now but I heard the Dynastar engineers are working on that for us.
    It cures depression though.

It also cured me from having to put up with inappropriately temperamental attitude from indy companies.