Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1319

Thread: Fritschi Tecton

Quote Originally Posted by tupp_ View Post
    We tested pulling up the heel in a flexed ski position and there was movement towards walk mode but nothing that would allow the heel to eject like it has on snow. We think this is the most likely culprit: High flex + rapid extension = ejection.

Going to follow up with Fritschi on this because I’ve lost confidence in these as my 60/40 backcountry resort ski at this point.
    hm, that is very strange. There would need to be quite a bit horizontal movement of the binding for that to happen, which at din 9 takes quite a bit of force. The snow build up hypothesis is perhaps the more likely culprit, though to be honest - there are scenarios where any alpine binding will release in hit by the lightening type scenarios (wrt the chance of it happening).

Out of interest - what boots are you using them with?

I've had something like 100-150 days across multiple pairs of Vipecs and Tectons - a lot of them hammering the bindings in resorts, and I have yet to have a single prerelease. As such I can but sympathize with your situation. Loosing faith in equipment is never fun.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Attachment 356073

I've noticed that there is a layer of snow that can build on the heel here. Maybe enough of a buildup there could cause the heel to not all the way engage leading to the unintentional tele-ing.
    This is the most likely culprit - though still connecting with black diamond as it did happen twice in a week. Thanks all, will let you know if I learn anything new. Fingers crossed!! These were kingpin killers for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tupp_ View Post
    Just had two pre-releases this week due to the heel flipping up partially into walk mode while skiing. Once in moguls and a second time creek hopping out a skin track. Neither are good places to be free-heeling unexpectedly!!

Has this happened to anyone else? Visually there is nothing wrong with the bindings.
    either din is wrong, forward pressure wrong, or you're iced up and needed to exit heel / enter heel once more. pick your poison!

Fritschi Tecton

Mine were acting kind of crazy on a transition yesterday due to some icing up. I vote it’s gonna be some icing issue.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Thanks again, all.

I've ran a few tests and I agree it is 90% sure this is an icing problem.

One more question: are you all getting creaking in the binding? Will record some audio next time I am out.

i want to pair my fischer traverse cs (speed nose) with a tecton binding/108mm powderski....

the only way to get kickturns around would be sanding the nose bumper.... has anyone done it and how far did you go???
    i dont see a problem yet sanding a couple millimeters.

or am i running into a problem i don´t see????

thanks for your help guys....

I thought second Gen addressed this?

Yes those are in a box. Holding to the moon

I still mostly use my first gens. I like the toe more. I guess I could mix the first green toe with the new heels.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

i am pretty sure i have gen 2 toe pieces.
    i will upload pictures tonight...

cant get the pictures uploaded.... anyway... it is/was the latest toe version.
    i sanded the fuck out of the toe bumper and the instep guide.... now i have a lil bit more angle for kick turns.

i will test in the field tomorrow and report back.

the sanding and scrapping and cutting was rough... i assume/hope i did not hit intergral parts of the binding.
    ofcourse it will affect the toe release with a thinner toe-bumper.... but not the lateral toe release

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    cant get the pictures uploaded.... anyway... it is/was the latest toe version.
    i sanded the fuck out of the toe bumper and the instep guide.... now i have a lil bit more angle for kick turns.

i will test in the field tomorrow and report back.

the sanding and scrapping and cutting was rough... i assume/hope i did not hit intergral parts of the binding.
    ofcourse it will affect the toe release with a thinner toe-bumper.... but not the lateral toe release
    hi nordekette. I sanded my bumpers a lot! Like almost half of them were gone. And it's not been a problem for the past 2 years. BD/Fritschi told me they deliberately made them taller than they had to

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00316.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1,002.2 KB 
ID:	361971Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00313.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	361972

thanks for the info

thats the result. not ninety degrees but a bit more. maybe enough to get the skis around.

Well what about running these with the heel adjusted 1-1.5cm back past the "stop" on the adjustment track? The heel piece worm gear is fully engaged on the rack on the plate... I mean I don't have a huge choice... hopefully it works for a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Original vipecs filled with grease on one side vs vipec evo

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any suggestions for cleaning/lubing the toe pieces, where they slide laterally in the part that mounts to the ski?
    The movement that provides the lateral elasticity has become less ‘free’, I suspect dirt or corrosion in the track.

Mine are installed with inserts so I pull them off, let the parts explode and spray white lithium all over. To reassemble reduce DIN to minimum. There's not that many parts, I think it's about 3.

The stickiness could be caused by pins being too tight if you changed boots.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Mine are installed with inserts so I pull them off, let the parts explode and spray white lithium all over. To reassemble reduce DIN to minimum. There's not that many parts, I think it's about 3.

The stickiness could be caused by pins being too tight if you changed boots.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I have regular screws, but might have too pull them off.
    it’s not the boots, I actually noticed it without the boots in there.
    Last edited by Tjaardbreeuwer; 03-05-2021 at 07:06 AM.

Anyone else feel play in the toe on firm snow? I've also had multiple heel pre releases with RV of 9, 10, 11.
    I ski quite aggressively but have gotten away with much more on my kingpins. So far, not the most confidence inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by FullStop View Post
    Anyone else feel play in the toe on firm snow? I've also had multiple heel pre releases with RV of 9, 10, 11.
    I ski quite aggressively but have gotten away with much more on my kingpins. So far, not the most confidence inspiring.
    never any play whatsoever. never prereleased either and i'm almost 240.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by FullStop View Post
    Toe pin adjustment?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

No toe movement after 4 seasons of 75% bc and 25% resort. Only 1 or 2 heel pre-releases in heavy, wet powder. Maybe double-check the toe set-up and heel pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Toe pin adjustment?

... Thom
    Toe pins are adjusted, it feels like it may be from the lateral release.

I've had this happen twice now, so I am hoping to get the brain trust on this one:

I've had my heel piece on one binding back off its forward pressure through the process of using it. It typically takes about 1-2 tours. The heel piece in question feels different when setting pressure, as it does not have the positive "clicks" that you normally get with other bindings when rotating the pressure screw.

Anyone seen this, or know what the root cause is?

I'll be taking a gander tonight, but was wondering if anyone else has seen or dealt with this issue before.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    I've had this happen twice now, so I am hoping to get the brain trust on this one:

I've had my heel piece on one binding back off its forward pressure through the process of using it. It typically takes about 1-2 tours. The heel piece in question feels different when setting pressure, as it does not have the positive "clicks" that you normally get with other bindings when rotating the pressure screw.

Anyone seen this, or know what the root cause is?

I'll be taking a gander tonight, but was wondering if anyone else has seen or dealt with this issue before.
    This has been happening on my partner's vipec heels. Someone in the vipec thread suggested putting some shrink tubing over the hex part of the worm screw to take up some space and add a little friction. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet but this seemed like an excellent fix.

Some pics at the end of the vipec thread.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    This has been happening on my partner's vipec heels. Someone in the vipec thread suggested putting some shrink tubing over the hex part of the worm screw to take up some space and add a little friction. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet but this seemed like an excellent fix.

Some pics at the end of the vipec thread.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll check out that thread.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net