Page 43 of 241 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 6003
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    not an exaggeration.

So you cherry pick the worst DH bike ever built to compare?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    This^^^. What do you have pano d? A lot of good options now. Rocky, norco, commencal, bmc, yt. I'm still undecided but leaning towards the new yt decoy

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Haven't pulled the pin yet, bought a new sled this year so have to wait for another year. Rocky is the best I've tested so far, YT looks good though.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    So you cherry pick the worst DH bike ever built to compare?

I cherry picked the bike I owned that I was referencing. Mine was red though.

That thing sucked. Really good for jumping off stuff though.

I cherry picked the bike I owned that I was referencing. Mine was red though.

That thing sucked. Really good for jumping off stuff though.
    People can think what they want about ebikes and access but when they start saying the bikes don't handle good or they're to heavy, I have to try and educate them because it simply is not true anymore.
    I've been racing bicycles for over 35years(bmx,xc,dh, Enduro), have a couple National championship plates and riding ebikes is the most fun I've ever had on a bicycle.

A few years ago a friend and I found a cop sitting in a parking lot right after some kids in a pickup almost hit us. Was not interested in doing anything about it at all.

I want to ask one, say you're stopped on the highway, writing a ticket, helping a guy with a flat, etc, and a diesel truck goes by you, flooring it, blowing a cloud of smoke, blaring the horn, and misses you by 6 inches? Probably just let that go, right? They didn't actually hit you, so no harm no foul. Now imagine it happens to you every day.
    Last edited by jamal; 04-26-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Man people suck. I’d love to road ride when the trails are too wet but I just don’t trust people enough. Sucks.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Shitty articles like this:

https://www.bicycling.com/news/a2726...mountain-bike/

Who cares what helmet he has, what bike, or shoes he's riding in? The man looks like he's having a great time! And if I read that you should get clipless pedals one more time.... fuck you!

Haven't pulled the pin yet, bought a new sled this year so have to wait for another year. Rocky is the best I've tested so far, YT looks good though.

Cool! The rocky seems like itd be a fun playful ride. Hear good things on that motor they've developed. I'm leaning towards the yt now. Just seems like thatd fit me best and the price is ok
    People can think what they want about ebikes and access but when they start saying the bikes don't handle good or they're to heavy, I have to try and educate them because it simply is not true anymore.
    I've been racing bicycles for over 35years(bmx,xc,dh, Enduro), have a couple National championship plates and riding ebikes is the most fun I've ever had on a bicycle.

I'm guessing we've raced each other. I have a couple guesses. Only a few fit that description. Longevity being the key clue. Wish they had enduro races back when. Good luck on grabbing an eeb

... riding ebikes is the most fun I've ever had on a bicycle.
    I'm just happy to hear that ebikes are better than my old RM9.

For some reason i still want that shiver though

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    For some reason i still want that shiver though

Heh. I know what you mean. Soooo flexy. But still cool.

I'm just happy to hear that ebikes are better than my old RM9.
    Ha - while you were riding that, I was riding this. Total fucking death trap. But if you're getting it for free you ride the damn thing, smile big, and swear to anyone who asks that it's the best thing ever. That's what they were buying from you, after all...

Name:  2002 K2 Razorback Team.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  43.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Ha - while you were riding that, I was riding this. Total fucking death trap. <snip>

Speaking of death-traps...

Name:  p4pb11269520.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  52.6 KB

I'm probably fortunate that I drove it into the garage door frame before I hurt *myself*...

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Ha - while you were riding that, I was riding this. Total fucking death trap. But if you're getting it for free you ride the damn thing, smile big, and swear to anyone who asks that it's the best thing ever. That's what they were buying from you, after all...

Those fucking Razorbacks. Around the time that I had that RM9, I was working in a shop that sold K2's. The best thing I can say about those bikes is that they weren't as bad as the Marins we also sold.

Also, I had an irrational lust for Y-bikes. 1995 era me thought they were fucking cool. Even while working in a shop that sold them and coming to the inescapable conclusion that they sucked. I still wanted one, because they were plastic, and smooth, and shiny.

<snip>
    Also, I had an irrational lust for Y-bikes. 1995 era me thought they were fucking cool. Even while working in a shop that sold them and coming to the inescapable conclusion that they sucked. I still wanted one, because they were plastic, and smooth, and shiny.
    Me too. That's why I bought it. And to be honest... coming from an early '90s rigid Giant it WAS an improvement. But not by much. And it was probably mostly due to what little suspension it had.

I will say that replacing the elastomer fork with a Zoke Bomber Z2. That coil travel was SOOOOOO buttery. Well... in comparison.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Speaking of death-traps...

Name:  p4pb11269520.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  52.6 KB

I'm probably fortunate that I drove it into the garage door frame before I hurt *myself*...
    Lol at the extra 5" of seat post.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Lol at the extra 5" of seat post.
    Yeah - that never would have worked for me... I was always slamming the seatpost down on descents simply for self-preservation. That fucking Fox shock had USELESS rebound control. In fact, it may not have actually had a rebound circuit at all. That shock sucked. Not as bad as the Judy fork... but...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Me too. That's why I bought it. And to be honest... coming from an early '90s rigid Giant it WAS an improvement. But not by much. And it was probably mostly due to what little suspension it had.

I will say that replacing the elastomer fork with a Zoke Bomber Z2. That coil travel was SOOOOOO buttery. Well... in comparison.
    I remember when a buddy got one of those first generation bombers when I still had a Judy XC (with white bros. internals - to really get full advantage of all 60mm of travel). That Z2 was eye opening - so smooth. I mean, sure, it bottomed out if you even looked at it hard. But it bottomed out like butter.

But it bottomed out like butter.
    That's fucking funny.

Plus they were Italian sculpture man. Like a Ducati for your bike.

And it's back. No 60mm travel option though.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/marzoc...r-returns.html

Back to the ranting.. (and I'm sure this one's been done to death but)

The constantly changing mtb 'standards'. Time to call them trends, the use of the term standard in this context is simply wrong. Standards are, well, standards - they shouldn't be changing sorry evolving lol every few years.

In the past few years I've been fucked over by (k just had to spend more $$$ to make shit work):

Giants Overdrive / Overdrive 2 'technology' when upgrading my fork

Trying to upgrade wheels on an 'outdated' 26'er? Good luck finding what you're looking for. Shout out to Bicycle Wheels Warehouse for helping me on this one.

and now currently spending the afternoon researching Shimano's I-spec, I-spec a/b, I-spec II bs since I got a new brake set that is I-spec II and doesn't want to play nice with my existing shifters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Giants Overdrive / Overdrive 2 'technology' when upgrading my fork
    I don't think you get to call that one a standard.

That's like buying a cannondale (current models excepted, mostly) and getting upset that it's draped in weird shit that's incompatible with literally everything.

I'm sick of every repair on my bike being way harder than it should be. I mainly blame myself.

Like yesterday. I bought a freewheel removal tool for a 3? year old Shimano cassette. Why the fuck does it not slide in??? I bought the 1.3 version.

The glacial pace at which ligaments repair themselves.

Non-union scaphoid collapse.

Chicanes, those fucking things annoy the shit out of me.

If you really want to control speed through high traffic areas build a bike specific trail, not a choke point that funnels people into a narrow path prime for conflict.