Page 24 of 149 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I'll defer to bluesbro, but the Factory Proto is from the France Race Room. The Menace Proto is made in Spain with the normal Legend line up.. The Menace Proto feels a lot easier going, lighter, poppier, etc. The Race Room Protos side by side flex stiffer, have burlier sidewalls, etc etc. They seem beefier when skiing.

Of course it could be all in my head.

Yeah they are the real deal. They ski different than earlier versions, feel stiffer and damper. I skied the 15/16? (Orange/Black topsheet) side by side and the new ones feel like a more serious ski. They also are much stiffer than my White/Orange 11/12 pair, although that might also be because my White/orange pair are worn out.

They also have a lot more tip rocker when the camber is flattened compared to earlier versions I own.

Bluesbro, do you know the base tune the Race Room skis? Seems like a really aggressive edge bevel?
    The new Pro Riders just want to rage down the mountain. They have a different on snow feel than my orange/black ones from a few years back.

And x2 on the Pro Rider tune. Are they 1/1?

Dynastar skis are 1 degree base, 2 degree side afaik. Can’t imagine they’d change that for the PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    The new Pro Riders just want to rage down the mountain. They have a different on snow feel than my orange/black ones from a few years back.

And x2 on the Pro Rider tune. Are they 1/1?
    Interesting that they've got a different feel. Can you elaborate on the comparison between the two?

I'm skiing my pair from a few years back at the Bird right now and they're crushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Dynastar skis are 1 degree base, 2 degree side afaik. Can’t imagine they’d change that for the PR.
    Cool. I found some rocks while skiing the Cirque at Snowbird this morning. My beloved Pro Riders are going to need a tune.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Interesting that they've got a different feel. Can you elaborate on the comparison between the two?
    The new ones topsheet are more red than the older ones. The red is definitely faster than the orange.

The new ones topsheet are more red than the older ones. The red is definitely faster than the orange.
    I know, it's only a matter of time before all other race skis are red like Mikaela's and Hirscher's. Shocking people haven't figured that out

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Oof I sure wish I didn’t have to pay by the 10th. That knocks me out of the running.
    How much is the deposit? I might be able to help a brother out, if you're in a tight spot for a while. Too good to miss, and I got a very good deal on my Pro Riders. PM me.

I rode my x88’s today. They were really hooky this morning but after hitting them with the gummy real aggressive like. They got better, a lot better. I mean this ski kicks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    I rode my x88’s today. They were really hooky this morning but after hitting them with the gummy real aggressive like. They got better, a lot better. I mean this ski kicks ass.
    They feel really similar to the Lp105 to me, except narrower and a little turnier on groomers/quicker in bumps. But the layup is super smooth and damp.

Next seasons catalogue is up on Issuu:
    https://issuu.com/levnelyze/docs/dynastar_1920_katalog

Quote Originally Posted by scottishrider View Post
    Next seasons catalogue is up on Issuu:
    https://issuu.com/levnelyze/docs/dynastar_1920_katalog
    It lists the LP F-Team as being 4000gr/pair. Surely a typo. Did they seem lighter to you, Leavenworth, or did you weigh them?

so i have 186 powertrack 89s....187 bonafides from 2 years ago. powertracks primary everyday ski. x88 and x96 really sparking an interest...which one would really be more of a noticeable difference than my current setup, if i only have $$$ for 1 x model. fwiw i like both of mine...maybe a top end issue on the powertracks bit if its fast n firm i have speedzones to cover that.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    so i have 186 powertrack 89s....187 bonafides from 2 years ago. powertracks primary everyday ski. x88 and x96 really sparking an interest...which one would really be more of a noticeable difference than my current setup, if i only have $$$ for 1 x model. fwiw i like both of mine...maybe a top end issue on the powertracks bit if its fast n firm i have speedzones to cover that.
    thanks
    X88 is the Powertrack 89 on Steroids. It kills it. Better edgegrip, similar float, more stability at high speeds. Straighter sidecut (20m radius) geo than the Powertrac, Chams or other Legend X skis. Fucking amazing ski.

The X96 is like the Cham 97 2.0 on Valium. Seriously the most uninspiring ski I've been on from Dynastar. Hate to say it. Lightweight construction, soft flex, dental inclinations.

I wish the Legend X skis all had the construction and sidecut geometry of the X88...

thanks....sounds like my bonafides should stick around then....

thanks ptex1....... smokin deal on flat powertrack 89's coming to gear swap.
    Last edited by cinnepa; 03-01-2019 at 05:46 PM.

They feel really similar to the Lp105 to me, except narrower and a little turnier on groomers/quicker in bumps. But the layup is super smooth and damp.
    Exactly.

If the x88 had a 25m turn radius I think they’d be perfect.

Ordered a pair of Protos from PTex1.

Figured if they're no longer a "Factory" ski next year, best get the factory version while it's available.

Looking forward to skiing it next year. Probably will mount it with a CAST setup so it can be a travel/touring ski option.

My Dynastar quiver is growing- 1x LP 105 (soon to be 2x), 1x Legend Factory, 1x Pro-To. If they were to make the Slicer in a 105 version I'd probably snag that too.

Part of me is really curious about their race stuff as well. Seems to work well in the SL discipline, less so in the GS.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Part of me is really curious about their race stuff as well. Seems to work well in the SL discipline, less so in the GS.
    If you’re referring to the FIS World Cup “race stuff”, they are all Rossi WC skis with Dynastar top sheets. They do not have their own World Cup program.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    If you’re referring to the FIS World Cup “race stuff”, they are all Rossi WC skis with Dynastar top sheets. They do not have their own World Cup program.
    Yeah, the FIS program.

I thought that was the case but wasn't too sure. I've got a friend who races D1 who ended up on a pair of Dynastar GS skis even though he's "sponsored" by Rossi because the Rep couldn't get his hand on any WC-level GS stuff for him in time for the season.

Hey guys, just read through the thread. Hopefully this answers some questions.
    1. Factory Tune: 1 degree base, 2 degree side on all of the Dynastar's, except race skis which are .7 base, 3 side
    2. F-Team Pro Rider: exact same ski as the LP105. Same sidewalls, dimensions, and profile. No difference at all.
    3. Proto vs Menace Proto: Same mold, slightly different layup. They rounded the top sheet to deal with the "chipping" that has been a problem with the current Proto top sheet. Extra layer of fiberglass as well, gives the ski a rounder more balanced flex in my opinion. I got the Menace version and have not gone back to the current one, smoother feel IMO. New 180 length as well, which is an absolute blast if you want a SL pow ski/touring option.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

I busted out my brand new x88 today at Mt Baker. I got them for days like today, where it hadn't snowed in a while. After spending the whole season on Billy Goats and Kartels, holy crap these skis are a freaking rocket!

Edit- Thanks Ptex1 for a screaming deal.

Is it weird that I really liked 194xxls and both the 184 and 192 lp105 but I just can’t seem to get along with these 187xxls? They just don’t seem smooth at all it’s like they’re too stiff for the short length and instead of being damp they’re harsh.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Is it weird that I really liked 194xxls and both the 184 and 192 lp105 but I just can’t seem to get along with these 187xxls? They just don’t seem smooth at all it’s like they’re too stiff for the short length and instead of being damp they’re harsh.
    not unheard of for Dynastar to not change the dimensions of shorter skis making them stiffer than the longer lengths...very noticeable in the womens skis for sure
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	og pro.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	273002
    Just to be pedantic thats an OG Legend Pro Rider, lovingly built in the actual Dynastar race room sometime in 2004. The one everyone is drooling over is a reimagining of the Legend Pro 105 from roughly 2010.
    Maybe they changed the qualifications for naming things race room when they moved the race department to the head office location but I'd be surprised if these skis are "race room" and not just a one off production run. Funny they don't make a 18x as it did exist at one point.
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I had a couple pairs of those. They were fucking awesome.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I had a couple pairs of those. They were fucking awesome.
    me too, and yes, yes they were...
    fire

rails are for trains

www.theguideshut.ca