Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    One of these on a fish scale rig could be quite nice.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    Saw the final production vipec in a bar in verb. They look fine, but are imvho a bit too high on the ski, which is a pity.
    They are selling these in bars in Urope?

I am in the wrong country.

High on the ski is a + in Colo.
    watch out for snakes

Lynch, I had no way to measure precisely, but they seemed some 3-5 mm higher on the ski than the dyna. Oh, I might be grossly wrong, time will tell :-)
    I don't see that being bad?

I use dynalook plates with my plum bindings. Think those are 7mm if memory serves correct. What am I missing?

Fire on the Mountain will have these next Friday.

If they don't have a demo set I should be able to get on a pair at the end of the month.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Lynch, I had no way to measure precisely, but they seemed some 3-5 mm higher on the ski than the dyna. Oh, I might be grossly wrong, time will tell :-)
    Measured from the top sheet to the center of the toe pin with toe in closed position -- 43mm for the vipec vs 30mm for the radical speed...
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Measured from the top sheet to the center of the toe pin with toe in closed position -- 43mm for the vipec vs 30mm for the radical speed...
    I had recorded (without noting the original source unfortunately) that Vipec toe & heel were 41 & 51 (respectively) -- pretty close to your 43mm.
    Which also isn't much different than the Radical ST/FT at 49 for the heel (although 4mm less delta for Vipec).
    And identical to Vertical ST/FT at the heel (although with 7mm less delta for Vipec).
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    One of these on a fish scale rig could be quite nice.
    I am with you on this - maybe on a vector bc. I like this binding design better than the new g3 binding mostly b/c they took the majority of the heel function (minus tracking) from the onyx, where the ion heel is more like a radical. The vipec will anchor my meadow skipping rig.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Are the brakes simple to remove? Pretty much never use brakes on my Dynafits in the bc, the ski-tour switch looks sweet

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Are the brakes simple to remove? Pretty much never use brakes on my Dynafits in the bc, the ski-tour switch looks sweet
    Fingered a set of the bindings at Second Ascent. Dunno if they are removable, however I thought the brakes seemed better and easier to use than dynafits. I have to say I was mighty impressed with the binding. Wouldn't worry too much about the durability of the plastic, it feels SOLID, very dense plastic parts. Also a great crampon design.

Very impressed. If I hadn't bought into the CAST system I'd get a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    I haven't mounted mine up yet but the brakes pop off by removing 2 Pozi screws (the screws only serve to attach the brake).

Saw the final production vipec in a bar in verb. They look fine, but are imvho a bit too high on the ski, which is a pity.
    Were they on BD skis? The BD reps all have those on their demo boards and they are all with demo plates under them.
    Life is all about ass...either you are covering it,
    kicking it, hauling it, kissing it, or trying to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    - maybe on a vector bc
    ^ That's my plan.

Is there a template available anywhere online? I can get one from BD, but it might not be quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Were they on BD skis? The BD reps all have those on their demo boards and they are all with demo plates under them.
    The fritschi-bd deal is North america-only, i guess... These were in switzerlund...

The fritschi-bd deal is North america-only, i guess... These were in switzerlund...
    Nah the fritchi rep came up to Basel as well to deliver a few of those

Nah the fritchi rep came up to Basel as well to deliver a few of those
    As said before by adrenalated....

The binding is designed, developed, tested, manufactured, etc. by Fritschi. Fritschi is not owned by BD. BD is just the distributor for Fritschi products in the US. If there are problems with the binding, they will be Fritschi's fault, not BD.

As said before by adrenalated....

The binding is designed, developed, tested, manufactured, etc. by Fritschi. Fritschi is not owned by BD. BD is just the distributor for Fritschi products in the US. If there are problems with the binding, they will be Fritschi's fault, not BD.
    Ya I know. All I am saying is that when we mounted them we used the demo plate which lifts the binder up off the ski. Didn't know if what you saw in verb was a pair with demo plates or not.
    I don't think the few mm difference between the fritshi and the dynafit will make any difference. Seems like a nice unit to me. I may be able to take a pair for a spin this weekend and can add my two cents eventually.

Ya I know. All I am saying is that when we mounted them we used the demo plate which lifts the binder up off the ski. Didn't know if what you saw in verb was a pair with demo plates or not.
    I don't think the few mm difference between the fritshi and the dynafit will make any difference. Seems like a nice unit to me. I may be able to take a pair for a spin this weekend and can add my two cents eventually.
    Ok good, to be honest I do not remember whether the sticks were BD

Ok good, to be honest I do not remember whether the sticks were BD
    Next years BD carbon skis are all white just like the binding. Other than the graphics the build quality seems to be top notch and they are super light.

Is is snowing in verb right now? Might be feeling sick Wednesday if this storm amounts to anything

Next years BD carbon skis are all white just like the binding.
    All white ski with an all white binding? What could go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    All white ski with an all white binding? What could go wrong?
    Ya don't ask me I don't design the stuff. Lost equipment comes to mind for sure....

FYI template for mounting the Vipec is mailed out from BD if you email your address to ski@bdel.com

Thanks for the heads up on the template - I have a pr of Vipec's arriving tomorrow and was planning on mounting them over the weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Reaches View Post
    FYI template for mounting the Vipec is mailed out from BD if you email your address to ski@bdel.com

Hugh Conway Guest
    bump for a perfect example of the moral bankruptcy of techtalk bullshit for SiSt.

bump to:

Thank the Lord for the Moral Pillar of Strength known as Hugh Conway-- saving techtalk 1 post at a time

Hugh Conway Guest
    tuco - yet another TGR dickwad who hates hugh, but follows him around leg humping to get him to go away.

genius move from another glue sniffing on3P fanboi

I don't hate you Hugh, I just think you're a fucking joke. But you're definitely NOT a dickwad

on3P fanboi, huh? Wow, that fucking hurts. Keep takin' hits off the Hughkkake bong