TGR dingbats... I mean rad ass webgeeks...

So how come when I click on any forum link, say to go to the Padded Room, Notifications, etc... the new page opens up in a new tab. On Safari, preferences fine, only happens with the TGR forums. Main page, other website, other forums, etc... all good in the hood. Checked my forum settings, can't see anything that would result in all this craziness, my tool bar only has room enough for a few tabs!
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Just checked and it happens to me in Safari as well. I normally use firefox and it doesn't happen in that.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Yep redirected through avantlink.com/click/php
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I'm having the same issue...
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

An Inc. 500 Company
    AvantLink is the premiere Affiliate marketing network for web retailers. Our unique platform cultivates the serious and the honest, with Quality as the cornerstone.

I guess I will check back in tommrow. and Its slow again,
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

same thing happens in chrome.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Firefox doing it on my computer and Chrome is doing it now as well.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    I just noticed that happening for me with firefox too. Tried another website and no probs and then forgot while I chased that new shiny bauble.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

jgb@etree Guest
    Was just coming to create this thread. Same problem in IE9. Like MTT said, all of the clicks are being redirected via avantlink.com and the default behavior of almost every tabbed browser is to launch external links in a new tab. Hoping this is just a mistake or temp issue, and it's not just farming more clicks. One could reconfigure their browser to reuse the current tab when clicking an external link and you'd be able to navigate TGR 'properly' but it sucks when you are viewing most other sites that aren't forcing an external redirect on every link and you want external content launched in a new tab.

Add me to the list as well. Thought Firefox was being dumb, downloaded Chrome and its doing the same thing. MAKE IT STOP.

Same issues in Chrome. Super annoying. How am I supposed to procrastinate now?

Ya I mean this is hella annoying.

Why don't you guys just use your mouse wheel click to open in new tab when you open a link? That's what the pros do at least...........

and they also use adblock to block avantlink shit

yup. annoying. I'm gonna go play somewhere else. See y'all tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Was just coming to create this thread. Same problem in IE9. Like MTT said, all of the clicks are being redirected via avantlink.com and the default behavior of almost every tabbed browser is to launch external links in a new tab. Hoping this is just a mistake or temp issue, and it's not just farming more clicks. One could reconfigure their browser to reuse the current tab when clicking an external link and you'd be able to navigate TGR 'properly' but it sucks when you are viewing most other sites that aren't forcing an external redirect on every link and you want external content launched in a new tab.
    nah this is almost for sure an unintended side effect, there was just some discussion tuesday about how there were too many avantlink hotlinks, so the gurus prolly got going on the project to refine them and then it started dumping so they went up for a couple laps with the groomers. Should be fixed any minute/day/week/nanosecond...

it is, by the way, dumping.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    so the gurus prolly got going on the project to refine them and then it started dumping so they went up for a couple laps with the groomers.
    Glad they have their priorities straight!

additionally, the 'last post' link is now taking you to the top of the last page rather than to the 'last post', as well as opening a new tab.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.