Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    makes me think about a pyramid heli-skiing scheme. Kinda like when my college roomate told me all about this "awesome" idea called NASCAR. You bring in 5 pic crew and you become a driver ect. ect..........Thats how the Albanian economy tanked you know.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

suggest that she take up stripping to earn extra money fast.

I'm sure plenty of her clients would love to help support that goal, just like they support college.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    you can view it as charity or a loan
    You should ask for terms on the "loan option." If they want a snotmonster bad enough maybe they'd offer 5%, or you could get the kid as an indentured servant in 5 years or so if they don't pay back all the principle and juice
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    if they cant afford the procedure they can't afford kids.
    Seriously. Wait till the in-vitro produces a multiple birth. A year from now he'll be sending out another email asking for handouts because they now have triplets they can't afford.

This guy deserves to be kicked squarely in the nads. The added benefit is maybe that would decrease his motility even further and he'll have no chance of reproducing

Doesn't your friend know that, no matter how hard he tries, the wife can't get preggers thru buttsex?
    This is the worst pain EVER!

they going to get 2 kids, not 1. I have 2 buddies who got married in their 30's and they went this route. Hello twins...both of them...

Quote Originally Posted by cramer View Post
    they going to get 2 kids, not 1. I have 2 buddies who got married in their 30's and they went this route. Hello twins...both of them...
    Pregnant with twins lady in my office who had fertility treatment.

The author of that email is not someone I think I would be friends with. That's ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Sorta lame to ask people for money, but I feel bad for them, they're obviously desperate. I've got a family member that's been trying for a couple years, and they can afford the fertility treatments. It's still put a tremendous strain on their lives and relationship.

If you had kids easily or don't have any desire to have kids, it's easy to just brush this person off as a wacko. We've all done some stupid stuff during times of desperation. And really, in the scheme of things, asking for money isn't that big of a request.

Good luck to them. Hopefully they'll work something out.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

How do you know this guy?

What kind of job does he have that he's making less than a teacher? Maybe he should start working some overtime before he starts asking for handouts.

Oh ya, do we have pics of his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by cramer View Post
    I have two buddies who both went through the in-vitro as well, and both have single children. Yes the chances for multiple births is higher since depending on your age they implant you with more zygotes but there is no guarantee of twins or triplets.

Apparently you can get invetro done in Bangkok for pennies. Maybe they should check that out...

There are rumors that the quality control over there isn't good. As in, this dudes wife might get impregnated with other people's sperm.

My sister and her husband just did in vitro and ended up with twins. It took 2 attempts at 10K per. They'd been trying to have kids for 4 plus years.

I'm with bagtagley...Assuming these are somewhat close and long term friends, I don't think there's anything wrong with the request---they sound desperate though---and I personally would exhaust every other avenue (and turn to family first) before I tried something like that e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    if they cant afford the procedure they can't afford kids. If they want a kid that bad adopt. Keep your money

Thank you. This is what came to mind immediately. Kids are expensive. If you cannot afford 11,000 you cannot afford kids.

On a related note, the doctor(s) who performed IVF on that octomom scum should have his license revoked.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    If you cannot afford 11,000 you cannot afford kids.
    Ahhh, Bullshit. That's what food stamps and welfare are for....

This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    I'm with bagtagley...Assuming these are somewhat close and long term friends, I don't think there's anything wrong with the request
    So what if someone didn't want kids but couldn't afford birth control. Would it be acceptable for them to send an email to friends and family requesting money to pay for the pill?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    So what if someone didn't want kids but couldn't afford birth control. Would it be acceptable for them to send an email to friends and family requesting money to pay for the pill?
    People would pony right the eff up for that I'm sure!
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

I guess a more comparable scenario would be asking for money for a vasectomy. The idea of praying for someone's vasectomy is even funnier!

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Thank you. This is what came to mind immediately. Kids are expensive. If you cannot afford 11,000 you cannot afford kids.

On a related note, the doctor(s) who performed IVF on that octomom scum should have his license revoked.

There was an article that was published just a few weeks ago on the "lifetime cost of having kids" and it pegged it somewhere between $200 - $300k per kid depending on location. This couple has a meaningful chance of having twins or more through invitro and they currently can't scrape together $11,000?? She's a teacher and he makes less than her...doubt he's in a position to get promoted to VP anytime soon.

I don't know why this bugs me so much, but it does.

FWIW, if the problem is with him, all they need is a sperm donor and not IVF. That shouldnt cost 11K.
    In with the 9.

I'm not a parent. But I don't understand nor will I ever, the opposition to adoption. There are lots of kids in this country and other nations that could use a loving set of parents. If you can't have kids and can't afford the procedures, I'm not saying you shouldn't keep trying but whats wrong with mentoring, adopting, fostering, ect. Love is love. Caring for someone who needs it is caring for someone who needs it. Good parenting is good parenting. It can come in lots of forms.

Why must their be the biological connection? I am interested if someone has a good explaination.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    I'm not a parent. But I don't understand nor will I ever, the opposition to adoption. There are lots of kids in this country and other nations that could use a loving set of parents. If you can't have kids and can't afford the procedures, I'm not saying you shouldn't keep trying but whats wrong with mentoring, adopting, fostering, ect. Love is love. Caring for someone who needs it is caring for someone who needs it. Good parenting is good parenting. It can come in lots of forms.

Why must their be the biological connection? I am interested if someone has a good explaination.
    It's wired into your brain. More so for the women.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    It's wired into your brain. More so for the women.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but the only thing wired into my brain is the desire to have sex. Do most men really have this hard-wired desire to have kids? That idea just seems very foreign to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but the only thing wired into my brain is the desire to have sex. Do most men really have this hard-wired desire to have kids? That idea just seems very foreign to me.
    Some Indian (as in India) guys here at work are hard wired to have kids. One of them ordered his wife from a notebook provided by the families and he had kids within 18 months.

Wow.
    Do you guys ever think about anything or just gaze at colorful objects in between sessions of mopping up your slobber puddles?

A huge percentage of your life is spent trying to pass on your genes.
    I could go into that.......attraction to pretty women/being good at whatever or wealthy/powerful/funny etc etc to attract those women is only from your fundamental desire to pass on your genes. Duuuuuhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrr..