Page 10 of 241 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Front Rocker/ Camber Underfoot / Slight tail rise
    YES!!! That’s fantastic news.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

So many great skis from Moment that its hard to choose!

Looking for some comparisons between the new Wildcat 108 and Deathwish in 190. Trying to fill the fat end of a 2 ski inbounds quiver, pretty much settled on the 184 Wren 96 for the hard snow side of things. I live in Crested Butte so I don't get the massive dumps like some snowier locales. Lots of open steeps, mini-golf drops, dust on crust, trees etc. Which ski will have better float for the truly deep days, and which ski is looser/easier to pivot in trees? I'm not really worried about groomer performance but am defintiely worried about firm, chalky, sideslipped, windblown snow on all the steeps around here. I have considered the wildcat 118 as well but I don't really thinks its versatile enough at that width for our ever-present 3-4inch storms.

I know very few people have been on the wildcat 108, but many of you have been on the bibby/pb&j and deathwish. I currently ski on the 188 pb&j and 188 salomon q115 (way too soft and not surfy enough) for reference.

The problem with announcing those new skis is that now I'm imagining that Deathwish 112 tour everytime I tour. Especially since I was considering just buying another pair of standard Deathwishes next year to throw touring bindings on....

Assuming it's going to feel pretty similar transitioning from the Deathwish inbounds to Deathwish tour to how it felt going from the Bibby to Bibby Tour? I loved jumping between those two skis. So seamless.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post

I know very few people have been on the wildcat 108, but many of you have been on the bibby/pb&j and deathwish. I currently ski on the 188 pb&j and 188 salomon q115 (way too soft and not surfy enough) for reference.
    Given my limited experience on the Wildcat Tour 108, I’d say that the standard layup 108 will handle a foot of new no problem and will obviously have the backbone to charge through chop just like it’s big brother. Should be a rad ski.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post

Looking for some comparisons between the new Wildcat 108 and Deathwish in 190. Trying to fill the fat end of a 2 ski inbounds quiver, pretty much settled on the 184 Wren 96 for the hard snow side of things. I live in Crested Butte so I don't get the massive dumps like some snowier locales. Lots of open steeps, mini-golf drops, dust on crust, trees etc. Which ski will have better float for the truly deep days, and which ski is looser/easier to pivot in trees? I'm not really worried about groomer performance but am defintiely worried about firm, chalky, sideslipped, windblown snow on all the steeps around here. I have considered the wildcat 118 as well but I don't really thinks its versatile enough at that width for our ever-present 3-4inch storms.

Ski the same mountain you do... go Deathwish 190. Have the Bibby, Jag Shark, had the Tahoe. For the bench like terrain and open areas where you need to spool up shut down it’s a great ski to handle all that. Don’t know anyone on the WC108 at this point though. Did like the OG Bibby/WC today in the windbuff and deep.

Had my first day out on Wildcats in a 184 at Squaw this Monday. What a day to get on new skis! Really intuitive and easy to ski in powder, and just like everyone says, can absolutely mob through chop. I’m 5’ 11” and about 165, and pretty glad I got the 184. I demo’d the 190s and could have got on with them just fine, but realistically I’m not rad enough to need the extra length. Obviously the snow was great, but I probably had the best day of skiing I’ve ever had, and I’m attributing at least some of that to the skis!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6DBCE797-34E4-447D-B26B-8570129965D6.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	658.8 KB 
ID:	269475

Name:	_djf1752.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	269490

Little bit of meridian tour sunrise tip stoke

Posted in GS but figured I'd cross post in this thread. Looking for some 174 Wildcats, please PM if you're holding.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Posted in GS but figured I'd cross post in this thread. Looking for some 174 Wildcats, please PM if you're holding.
    There is a pair in truckee on Craigslist for 350. Not sure where you’re located though.
    https://reno.craigslist.org/spo/d/tr...807260334.html

Quote Originally Posted by morphintoskittle View Post
    There is a pair in truckee on Craigslist for 350. Not sure where you’re located though.
    https://reno.craigslist.org/spo/d/tr...807260334.html
    hey thanks! Located in the Denver area. Obviously local would be best, but I'll reach out to the seller and see if he/she will ship. Was kind of hoping for the lighter version, but it seems like the weight difference is 0.5# -- pretty negligible if I can save some money.

edit: can't seem to reply to the ad. Maybe they've sold?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I was able to reply. I didn't send the email (already have 190 bibbys), but the reply button did its thing. Maybe try a different browser (especially if you're using IE - stuff is starting to not work right with IE, now that it's unsupported)? Worked with firefox

I was able to reply. I didn't send the email (already have bibbys and tose are too short for me), but the Reply button did its thing. Maybe try a different browser (especially if you're using IE - stuff is starting to not work right with IE, now that it's unsupported)? Worked with firefox.

And yeah, what is "auv" anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    I was able to reply. I didn't send the email (already have bibbys and tose are too short for me), but the Reply button did its thing. Maybe try a different browser (especially if you're using IE - stuff is starting to not work right with IE, now that it's unsupported)? Worked with firefox.

yeah, it didn’t work in Firefox when I tried before on my laptop, but it worked with safari on my phone so email sent. Thanks! They’re too short for me, too, but my wife is coming off an injury and says her pow skis (176 BGs) feel too heavy in tight trees so thinking these might solve that issue. Plus she loves the BGs and they don’t come in 176 anymore so she doesn’t want to hit any rocks with them.

auv = autonomous underwater vehicle since I do robotics, and primarily underwater
    Last edited by auvgeek; 02-13-2019 at 08:21 PM.

photos

I do robotics
    New Wave of dentistry

being a dentist in a ski town or a small town near the mountains seems like a pretty sweet gig right about now.

photos

Part time dentistry FTW

Question about the new wildcat 108 - what's the frontside edge hold like compared to something like the commander? Am I right in assuming, for the 108ish skis, it'd go Commander 108 - Wildcat - Meridian, in order of frontside friendliness?

My skinniest inbounds skis right now are 107 meridians in 187. Tons of fun, really like them. Not great for midwinter / low tide. Full reverse on ice is less than ideal, whoda thunk...

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Question about the new wildcat 108 - what's the frontside edge hold like compared to something like the commander? Am I right in assuming, for the 108ish skis, it'd go Commander 108 - Wildcat - Meridian, in order of frontside friendliness?

My skinniest inbounds skis right now are 107 meridians in 187. Tons of fun, really like them. Not great for midwinter / low tide. Full reverse on ice is less than ideal, whoda thunk...
    I can speak to the PB&J, which is basically a skinny Wildcat 108. Got on them for the first time this season and was blown away about how well the edge hold is on groomers. I was railing GS turns nearly as well as I would on my Belafontes (which is like the commander). Once I had this epiphany I was convinced the heavy Wildcat 108 needed to be made, and it would become my daily driver.

So you are barely giving up edge hold, but getting a way more versatile ski. Wildcat 108 also has more effective edge that the Commander, which adds to it's stability.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That’s what I wanted to hear! I haven’t bought a NIP new pair of skis in a while, stoked to hear the wildcat 108 heavy should work for me. Still skiing 2011ish 190s on the reg...

The pb&j reccomended line is at -5, Wildcat 108/118 is at -6. My question is whether the sidecut profile is actually moved back, or if it is the same sidecut with a different mount point because the intended use of the ski is powder.

I have two set of holes in my tour version at -7 from center (-1 rec) and -5 (+1 rec) and preferred the more forward mount.
    Last edited by roverdoc; 02-25-2019 at 10:25 AM.

My 108 tours are mounted -1 for shifts and so far very versatile for both frontside and backcountry duties. Not skiing them quite as fast on groomers as something with a bunch of metal, but that’s ok , these things are pretty damn light on the uphill

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post

Name:	_djf1752.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	269490

Little bit of meridian tour sunrise tip stoke
    Awesome shot!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    auv = autonomous underwater vehicle since I do robotics, and primarily underwater
    Been wondering about auvgeek’s handle too. His reply confirms he is obviously a complete idiot. But seriously, very cool auvgeek. you get out on the water much to test your handiwork? How’d you get into underwater specifically?

Anyone been on both the Deathwish 184 and the Atris 184 and want to take a second to compare/contrast? Have been on the Atris for 2 years. Like them a lot. Was debating between these two when I got them, and couldn't find the DW for a good price used so went Atris. Now there's a reasonably priced pair of DW's on gear swap and I'm tempted. Thoughts?