Page 175 of 197 FirstFirst ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    They finally did it!
    Attachment 439648
    Thatll be nice. Still a great bike. It just needed that 720w battery

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Boom. Picked up this grocery getterClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1675027069.959179.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	445100

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Could you give us a link ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My local Costco has a few ebikes for sale including a mid drive fat bike option.

Don't need but it's tempting.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    My local Costco has a few ebikes for sale including a mid drive fat bike option.

Don't need but it's tempting.

You may want to hold off for a bit. Bike companies are all way overstocked and bike stores are cancelling orders projecting slumping sales. I think we may see some deep discounts soon. Ive already heard of some 50% off sales and thats below wholesale. Not sure if we'll see many discounts that deep but it should still be out of the ordinary

Good tip... thanks!

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Anyone have a rec for a hard tail EMTB with 27.5 or 29 tires with mounts for racks?

The Cannondale Tesoro? It’s more commuting/touring focused than mtb.
    Ive had one as ancommuter for close to 4 years now, been great.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    The Cannondale Tesoro? It’s more commuting/touring focused than mtb.
    Ive had one as ancommuter for close to 4 years now, been great.

That seems exactly what I need - a bit more commuting focused is great. Is there anything similar but cheaper though? I thought a smaller, simpler bike than a big ecargo bike would save me money.

i need a mountain e bike for a 6'6'' frame - 36 inch inseam - 18 inch arms

i need it right now - i want a deal... i know - good value - it will be used for going to the pub mostly and that is 25 miles round trip

what says the collective

Anyone have experience with Ecomotion, specifically their Roko model? Looking for an ebike that we can easily store under the bed in our van (so likely a folding model) and this one was on sale at the shop around here for about $1600. https://journeybikes.com/products/ec...ing-city-ebike

Does anyone here have an nice Emtb with two sets of wheels: 1 set for mtb, and the other for commuting? Seems like the easiest way to be able to enjoy the emtb to the fullest without blowing through expensive mtb tires from all the road miles. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Does anyone here have an nice Emtb with two sets of wheels: 1 set for mtb, and the other for commuting? Seems like the easiest way to be able to enjoy the emtb to the fullest without blowing through expensive mtb tires from all the road miles. Thoughts?
    Maybe. Ignoring that an ideal emtb is a 170mm FS rig and the ideal ecommuter is not that…

You’d obvious want a mid drive not hub drive bike.

Personally - I like a rack/pannier on my commuter. That is if you’re actually doing commuting and grocery getting… That could be finicky on a FS.

The built in lights on the ecommuters are awesome.

Think about locking a fancy carbon emtb to a light pole while you run into the store….

That said, an emtb hardtail with hookworms would be a dope commuter.

Say I had 7k to spend on this purchase. I’d personally go with a 5.5k emtb and a 1.5k budge etownie, over a 6k emtb and 1k to swap the wheels, tires, cassete, brake discs….
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Say I had 7k to spend on this purchase. I’d personally go with a 5.5k emtb and a 1.5k budge etownie, over a 6k emtb and 1k to swap the wheels, tires, cassete, brake discs….
    X2.

N+1

We went through this with wife. At the end of the day, it didn’t lake sense to commute on a $7,000 enduro bike. Between wear&tear, your trail bike always being grimy from commuting, your commuter sometimes being absolutely filthy from trail riding, and very low motivation to keep swapping wet, muddy, salty wheels. She ended up driving, then we moved to a no-bike-commute-option zone.
    FWIW, we rode E-Townies in Italy. Like “girls bike” style top tube, zero emphasis on fit, handlebar basket, janky pedals. Fucking amazing. Would do that 25 mile bar loop no problem even with a bunch of hills.

However many are in a shit ton.

I have tried the RadWagon (borrowed it to haul one of my kids around Crater Lake and Diamond Lake).

I’m in the same boat as the other guys, I’d rather have a cheap etownie like the RadCity 5, and spend the rest of the money on either a separate eMTB or even just a pMTB.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    i need a mountain e bike for a 6'6'' frame - 36 inch inseam - 18 inch arms

i need it right now - i want a deal... i know - good value - it will be used for going to the pub mostly and that is 25 miles round trip

what says the collective
    the cannondale terosa seems great but I don't want to spend that much for what really will be a commuter

so again 6'6'' frame - I need an ebike right now

I can't find one as an emnt bike with 29 inch wheels for 2k. anybody got anything? is there a a gravel bike with big wheels and a super long top tube?

i need a rig

Yeah I still can't find much either for a mtb/commuter. I did see this today though https://www.diamondback.com/bikes/eb...s/union-2-4665

Cheap but not a bargain - but it has a Bosch motor, anyone have thoughts on this model? Or anything comparable?

Anything approaching 5k - i might as well get this instead: https://www.canyon.com/en-us/electri...rahmenfarbe=VT

You could buy an older 9er mtb and add a bafang or cyc bolt on mid drive motor for less than these online/ddpt store level bikes. Then youd have a commuter, 9er mtb and 9er emtb. Both cyc and bafang bolt ons have had some nice improvements. Cyc has a very zmooth tourque sensor and both have a ton of power and variius battery sizes. Ivs seen some nice cyc conversions and they have it bolted inside the front triangle

the cannondale tesoro has a bosch

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Yeah I still can't find much either for a mtb/commuter. I did see this today though https://www.diamondback.com/bikes/eb...s/union-2-4665

Cheap but not a bargain - but it has a Bosch motor, anyone have thoughts on this model? Or anything comparable?

Anything approaching 5k - i might as well get this instead: https://www.canyon.com/en-us/electri...rahmenfarbe=VT
    the cannodale terosa at the lowest price point is the about the same price with 29 inch wheels

the new canyon model to be released looks smoking - i can not spend 5k on a bike. the last time i spent more than my car was worth on a bike it was stolen in month of me getting it

My sense is that Bosch is at least as good as Shimano maybe a little better and maybe a little more power

but really these motors are limited by the amount of power the drive trains can handle which is 85nm

Shimano doesnt really know how to service the computer they just sold you and neither does your LBS cuz i havent seen anything from the LBS either, so I still havent seen anything suggesting the end loser should update firmware and the process is actualy a little cumbersome

after 2 seasons of an E bike I would say its more important than ever to shop local cuz it snot like an acoustic bike where I could fix whatever went wrong. If you got issues with the Shimano motor the service strategey is to replace it so you will wish the dealer was not a 4 hr drive or in a furin country,

shop bro told me there was no way for him to do a charge back to Shimano or to the bike mfgr for a bike bought at a different dealer, i know they charged a local bro 400 $ to wank about with the shimano motor on a bike that had 6 rides, shop bro felt bad but not bad enough to eat the labor $$$ to swap a motor

I had intermittent firmware issues (the dreaded E010) which I wanked about with for 10 months I finally fixed myself with a download
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

5 years on a rad rover and still going strong.

Put a thud buster on it recently just for shits and giggles.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I did this (and changed to a 1x11) with my old hard tail Superfly for MTB and gravel. It worked great (except for one caveat*) and was very practical, even on trips with two sets of wheels and definitely for storage and owning/maintaining multiple bikes. I tended to use the gravel tires even on single due to the reduced rolling resistance.

Name:  IMG_8366.jpeg
Views: 213
Size:  159.9 KB

Now with a full supension eMTB, I do not see a reason to own two wheelsets. Mine works well for most anything I ride. YMMV. You can mess with air pressure and shock settings/lock outs before deciding on the 2nd wheelset. The shear weight of an eMTB makes it less than ideal for frequent lifting in and out of bike stands for wheelset changing, however.

*with two wheelsets, they were easy to swap out but for the fact I had two different rear hubs which were slightly different dimensionally which affects the spacing of the cassette relative to the derailleur causing chain skipping on the inner cog if I didn't adjust the derailleur every time I swapped. In short, get the same hub on the rear wheelsets.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    My sense is that Bosch is at least as good as Shimano maybe a little better and maybe a little more power
    We have a Bosch on our xtracycle commuter. Performance cx - I think it's the previous generation at this point. It's been pretty good so far. Had to take it in to get the firmware updated once, but otherwise no issues. Power delivery is maybe a bit less smooth than the brose on the levo (which is ~5 years old at this point). Biggest annoyance with the bosch is that it's *very* conservative with its speed. So it starts to cut power at around 19mph, and compleyely cuts power at 21 mph (per cat 1 ebike specs). But its registered speeds are bullshit, and 19mph is more like 15mph. So really, you're not going very fast when the assist starts to fade out. Which on a commuter bike on pavement is kind of annoying. There are work arounds, but they're a hassle.