Page 1547 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 ... LastLast
Results 38,651 to 38,675 of 46052
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Every “local” driver in Eastern Washington.
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    We've discussed this before. VT is home to the 40 MPHer. They do 40 no matter the posted limit. It's like they have the cruise control on or only one gear.
    Similar phenomenon in B'ham.

There are only two speeds: 30 and 50

Sign says 25, locals go 30. Sign says 35, same. Freeway onramps are 50. Never mind that sign that says 60. That's for tourists.

Only exception is when the bars start to close, roads that lead out of town are 'as fast as your car will go'.

Quote Originally Posted by Treycal View Post
    I think the one that made me laugh the most was the Royal Carribean Cruises commercial using Iggy Pop's Lust for Life...a song famously about heroin addiction

For me it was Apple using Pixies’ Gigantic, which is about a guy’s huge dick. But that was amusing, not annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Beach House not throwing VW under the bus notwithstanding, that’s a broken accountability tree. The ad agency isn’t accountable to general public in any meaningful way; they sell their services to corporations. If VW isn’t held accountable they have little reason to hold the ad agency accountable.

The only way accountability flows in any rational or productive way is if general public holds VW accountable, and in turn VW holds the ad agency accountable. VW should be held wholly responsible for the conduct of their agents, in a court of law and in the court of public opinion. If the ad agency is a large corporation and corporate lawyers are doing all the corporate lawyer things a part of the contract should include indemnification for silly shitty conduct; likely limited to something like contract value unless they went way outside the lines in grossly negligent ways, and probably not in a way that meaningfully protects them from a PR mess. It’s a pleasant fiction that the ad agency can or should firewall VW from exposure here, but a fiction is all it should be.
    That's not how it works in the ad agency world. Beach House is right. If shit hits the fan for VW, they pull the ad ASAP and turn to their agency for an explanation and the agency probably has to swallow the cost of the production and most likely loses a multi-million dollar account. That's accountability for you. There's no one who works at VW who can hear any song given to them and know it's a rip off of a song, although that would be a cool to job to have. But who knows what really happened or what VW knew. Seems like Beach House would know best.

Also look up Errors and Omissions insurance.

Shit that annoys you

Beach House not throwing VW under the bus notwithstanding, that’s a broken accountability tree. The ad agency isn’t accountable to general public in any meaningful way; they sell their services to corporations. If VW isn’t held accountable they have little reason to hold the ad agency accountable.

The only way accountability flows in any rational or productive way is if general public holds VW accountable, and in turn VW holds the ad agency accountable. VW should be held wholly responsible for the conduct of their agents, in a court of law and in the court of public opinion. If the ad agency is a large corporation and corporate lawyers are doing all the corporate lawyer things a part of the contract should include indemnification for silly shitty conduct; likely limited to something like contract value unless they went way outside the lines in grossly negligent ways, and probably not in a way that meaningfully protects them from a PR mess. It’s a pleasant fiction that the ad agency can or should firewall VW from exposure here, but a fiction is all it should be.
    Huh? So I’ve been in the ad biz for 20+ years and can say emphatically this 100% falls on the ad agency and not the client, both morally and legally (unless VW has the worst lawyers of all time). Respect to Beach House for understanding that and not lashing out at VW.

Gonna go out on a limb and say they lost the account.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Shit that annoys you

I don’t work in the ad agency biz and I’m certainly not a lawyer, but I’ve engaged and signed contracts with ad agencies. I also help manage risk for my organization. I’m allowing that I might have this way wrong, but I don’t think I do and I think we actually are saying pretty much the same thing:

Exhibit A:
    This…..
    If the ad agency is a large corporation and corporate lawyers are doing all the corporate lawyer things a part of the contract should include indemnification for silly shitty conduct; likely limited to something like contract value unless they went way outside the lines in grossly negligent ways,
    Is what this means…..
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    If shit hits the fan for VW, they pull the ad ASAP and turn to their agency for an explanation and the agency probably has to swallow the cost of the production and most likely loses a multi-million dollar account. That's accountability for you.
    And…
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Also look up Errors and Omissions insurance.
    This insurance is literally insurance carried for when claims are made against them by … clients … because of the contract provisions mentioned above. It is not to protect them against claims by Beach House or an enraged public. A lawsuit might name the ad agency, but it sure as shit isn’t going to miss VW as a target. VW will pass it on to the ad agency, sure, but only because the terms of the contract between VW and the ad agency spell that out to protect VW against the eventuality.

A part of VW’s due diligence is to make sure that E&O insurance is in place so that if there is a judgment against them that costs them millions of dollars, the ad agency is actually collectible, per the terms of the contract between VW and the ad agency, and VW isn’t left holding the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Huh? So I’ve been in the ad biz for 20+ years and can say emphatically this 100% falls on the ad agency and not the client, both morally and legally (unless VW has the worst lawyers of all time). Respect to Beach House for understanding that and not lashing out at VW.

Gonna go out on a limb and say they lost the account.
    Exactly. This is a function of VW’s lawyers making sure that the ad agency indemnifies them against claims. Also, they probably lost the account because that is one way that VW can hold them accountable.

Kudos to Beach House for not going to battle with a major corporation. Honey attracts more flies than vinegar, or some such. They’re not idiots and that’s cool. But VW is on the hook for the ads they put out there, whether they engage a third party or not.
    focus.

From what I can VW is still working with the agency.

Agency in question is DDB, which did the beetle ‘think small’ ads way back in 1959 and has been working with VW ever since.

No advertising annoyance, what’s chapping my ass is pretty common/routine. The a/c compressor crapped out on my 1 yo Audi, and the car’s been in the shop for two months waiting on parts. Then today I got a call telling me they finally got the fucking parts but the machine that recharges the a/c is broken. And there are 3 a/c repair jobs backed up ahead of mine.

Get an Audi they said. It’ll be nice and fun and they don’t have all the maintenance issues you’ve been hearing about they said. FML. It’s not like I shouldn’t have seen this coming.

Back to songs’ rights issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    No advertising annoyance, what’s chapping my ass is pretty common/routine. The a/c compressor crapped out on my 1 yo Audi, and the car’s been in the shop for two months waiting on parts. Then today I got a call telling me they finally got the fucking parts but the machine that recharges the a/c is broken. And there are 3 a/c repair jobs backed up ahead of mine.

Get an Audi they said. It’ll be nice and fun and they don’t have all the maintenance issues you’ve been hearing about they said. FML. It’s not like I shouldn’t have seen this coming.

Back to songs’ rights issues.
    That’s sort of an advertising annoyance, cause you fell for the advertising

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    That’s sort of an advertising annoyance, cause you fell for the advertising
    Point taken.

The a/c compressor crapped out on my 1 yo Audi, and the car’s been in the shop for two months waiting on parts.
    It seems like they could have just given you your car back until the part came in. It was just sitting there at the shop for two months? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It seems like they could have just given you your car back until the part came in. It was just sitting there at the shop for two months? WTF?
    Well, the Audi dealer is 60 miles away, when I dropped it off I/we didn’t know it would take so long, and there’s not much point in having a car without a/c here in New Mexico in the summer. My 4Runner’s a/c works.

Loaner car or GTFO
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Loaner car or GTFO
    When my kid's suby was stuck at the dealer's in LV for months because only one mechanic could work on turbos and he was that backed up they gave him a loaner. At one point they tried to take it back but Subaru national customer service intervened. Of course it helps that the engine was under warranty.

Well, the Audi dealer is 60 miles away, when I dropped it off I/we didn’t know it would take so long, and there’s not much point in having a car without a/c here in New Mexico in the summer. My 4Runner’s a/c works.
    Come on, man... you don't need A/C. HTFU, Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

He doesn't NEED it, but doesn't want to ruin that fine German leather by sweating all over the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    He doesn't NEED it, but doesn't want to ruin that fine German leather by sweating all over the seats.
    Leather?!?

*Very* nice!

Name:  monocle1.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  7.6 KB

In New Mexico in July?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    In New Mexico in July?
    Yes.

The fact that anyone buys Audis and then complains when they break is mind bottling to me.

I have a friend who has a souped up Q7 and the only reason that she's been able to maintain it is because her boyfriend is a mechanic with all the Audi tools. In fact, it might be the only reason she keeps him around. Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    The fact that anyone buys Audis and then complains when they break is mind bottling to me.
    But this is *THE* thread for this exact shit.

But this is *THE* thread for this exact shit.
    Yeah, it annoys me. three D chess bro.

Open windows.
    Drive fast.
    Stay hydrated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

is mind bottling to me.
    I will be very annoyed if you dont explain this mind bottling phenomenon to me.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I will be very annoyed if you dont explain this mind bottling phenomenon to me.
    Dude, it ain't rocket surgery...

Dude, it ain't rocket surgery...
    Well played!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?