Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Northern BC here in the colonies

I know yeti users including the shop bro's and I haven't heard anything about maintenance problems

I have heard the soil in UK is bad for every bike period
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Folks really seem to like the YT capra and very good bang for the buck

Quote Originally Posted by dft View Post
    Folks really seem to like the YT capra and very good bang for the buck
    yes you get a lot of bike for your lolly but I hear warranty issues you're on your own and yiu can't get a bottle in the frame

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

If you need an lbs you are on your own

and of course you can't even test ride one around the p-lot

but people who are self reliant/ can fix stuff/ have spare parts kicking around seem to do ok

also a few years ago people waited for product to show up for months and so were bikeless, i think that has been ok but it was an issue
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-23-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shu Shu View Post
    I think Transition is (correct me If I'm wrong) just another take on Horst Link like the rocky I'm on.
    Correct.

That said, I fucking love my older (pre-mullet) Patrol. However I can't compare it to the 165.

I have a 165. I love it, having said that it’s not my only bike (ST29, and HT 275+).

Before I bought it I demo’ed a Nomad, mega tower, 150.
    Nomad was only thing that felt comparable but didn’t climb nearly as well.
    Mega tower and 150 are speed demons but they’re don’t have the same fun factor.
    As above posted, I do notice the 165 is loud sometimes, but it’s amazing how much reckless abandon you can ride with. Just fly into rock gardens and jump whenever.
    Having said that, the bike is BIG, im 5’9, with short arms and legs, and have always been a medium. I’m on a medium 165. It fits for sure, but I do notice the length, especially the reach. But personally I think the long reach thing has gotten out of hand. For me with my arm length and habitus, 450, maybeeee 455 seems right for a medium. 465 is long. Just no two ways about it.

I’ll probably move on Summer of 2023, and while there will probably be a ton of new bikes out, the bikes that currently I might move to for my big bike are: Nomad V5, Rail, Nukeproof Giga, Mega.

And here goes another bit of heresy: 63.5 is too slack on anything outside of DH bike. I ride everything I ride my 165 on with my 67.5 HT. Yes it’s sketchy and yes the 63.5 of the 165 is luxurious in the steeps I think a better compromise is 64/64.5, something that just makes it a touch snappier, and a slight bit more of feeling the front wheel is under me.

Anyway I love my 165 despite the above and really have no reason to move on other than to try other long travel bikes. the above complaints are more industry wide complaints, I think we’ve gone past ideal long and slack.

As for MX vs 275 vs 29, in my mind 29 awesome for mile munching and less travel bikes, but in a big burly bike I love the 27.5 as I feel I can carry speed further into corners and rely on sharpness of handling to bail me out, but it’s also just flickable and fun. Mx? I don’t know, seems like a fad.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

switch infinity does climb very well, possibly better than anything else out there ?

OP may need to go with something > a horst link design ?

so far I think VPP is pretty good maybe about as good as Switch infinity
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-23-2021 at 12:01 PM.

OP, have you tried the new Slayer? Or are you locked in on 27.5?

For pedaling, it's not the name of the linkage, it's the anti-squat. Unlike the Transition and 2018 Slayer, the new Slayer is a Horst-link of the counter-rotating variety and a closer comparison to the Yeti. If Rocky could have infinitely long chainstays they could be even more alike. I haven't been on a 2021, but the 2020 RM's I rode all pedaled very comparably to the Yetis.
    Last edited by jono; 09-27-2021 at 03:34 PM.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Apparently Chris(?) from Yeti is riding a mulleted SB165 with a custom offset fork from Fox fwiw. At least when riding bike park. Seems like a pretty wicked setup.

Also, sounds like the new six-finity design will replace the switch infinity from here on out. We were probably due for a new SB150 this fall, but the world and bike manufacturing are kind of in the shitter right now.

I live near Golden and sold a lot of Yetis working at shops back in the day… but I just don’t buy the “yeti is better than anything” cool aide. I think switch infinity is good but also has a lot of durability issues that are concerning. I think they pedal great up technical trails and pedal very well for retaining some small bump compliance.

They make good bikes, but they’re also bikes I would be a bit stressed to own… there are way way to many yetis with ‘brand new” frames for sale used all the time.

Not a cheap alternative but I’d consider a Pivot Mach 6 with a mullet. It’ll pedal better than the yeti is most scenarios and they’re really solid bikes you don’t worry about breaking. You might be able to find a used one as opppsed to the new Firebird that’s likely only going to show up new.

volklpowdermaniac, thanks very much for the nice right up. I have not ridden enough different bikes to really comment well on reach, at 5,11 the 480 reach on Yeti felt just perfect, and yet the the 487 reach on the Enduro I was on the day before felt enormous, and pretty much unrideable except in a straight line over rocks, (where it was awesome).

I'm pretty set on staying on 27.5 for this type of bike. Jono I had kind of written off the new slayer, but the 2020 still came in the 27.5 set up in a large. That is definitely a more reasonable priced option. There is a shop not too far from here with a medium 2021 in 27.5, I might see if I can ride some pavement and parking lot curbs to get a feel for the suspension. I'll take a little closer look at the Mach 6 although the lack of demo options in the area, makes it a tough one.

Still feelin that sb165 pretty hard Thanks all for the input