Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    I'm in the same boat. It doesn't appear that the English version can be downloaded so I tried downloading the Italian version first with hopes it would allow me to open the English version. Now I have an $8 picture book. Shit.
    Yeah same here. I can see the English version but when I click on it it asks me if I want to restore subscription and when I do it tells me I have successfully restore two versions, but can only open the Italian.
    Last edited by Wetdog; 11-12-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Hey guys, we sent the app iOS in approvation to Apple to correct on mistake and then they blocked the english version to review it. As soon as possible we'll inform you when it will be ready. If someone bought the italian version, we will send the free coupon to download the english one!

Ehi Lindhal, we know you don't like our way. You wrote a lot last year.
    No problem, everyone has his opinion, but I think that despise a similar job is odd.
    You can just ignore it.
    About Kingpin: it's just your opinion that they ski better than the others.
    About Vipec: in Italy there is a lawsuit about some copyrights and we cannot publish about that product.
    About boots: it's correct what you write, unfortunately the companies are not so clever in delivering the sizes we request for the test. Sorry.

Skialper 2016 buyers' guide. The new gold standard

Quote Originally Posted by skialper View Post
    Ehi Lindhal, we know you don't like our way. You wrote a lot last year.
    Yeah, no reason to rehash that.

About Kingpin: it's just your opinion that they ski better than the others.
    Really? None of your testers immediately noticed the difference in power transfer at the end of a turn? Thats a scary thought. How many of them skied it?

The 2017 skialper review is quite good. However, the English translation is awful. I wish the translation were better because some of the content that it not understandable appears to likely offer great insight. Yeah my grammar sucks but at least the point gets across.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Of course, no reason..
    All of our freeride tester skied with Kingpin and some of them use it in their normal ski-life.
    But according to us TR2 is more direct and powerful and Freerider 14 (with the spacer insert) the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Yeah, no reason to rehash that.

Really? None of your testers immediately noticed the difference in power transfer at the end of a turn? Thats a scary thought. How many of them skied it?

Do you really think that?
    I'm not able to evaluate (you can easily understand from my posts) but the transaltor has excellent reputation...
    apologize for that

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    The 2017 skialper review is quite good. However, the English translation is awful. I wish the translation were better because some of the content that it not understandable appears to likely offer great insight. Yeah my grammar sucks but at least the point gets across.

For the record, your the skialper reviews are by far the best of any magazine I have every read.

The translation is frustratingly poor though.
    Last edited by skinipenem; 11-11-2016 at 01:29 PM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Of course, no reason..
    All of our freeride tester skied with Kingpin and some of them use it in their normal ski-life.
    But according to us TR2 is more direct and powerful and Freerider 14 (with the spacer insert) the same.
    Then why not mention this? Pretty useful information if you ask me.

thanks for the feedback ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    For the record, your the skialper reviews are by far the best of any magazine I have every read.

The translation is frustratingly poor though.

Testing bindings on the snow is harder than it seems.
    They must be mounted all on te same ski, so we need a lot of identic new skis to mount with the different bindings.
    For this we limited our evaluations to technical analysus in laboratory.
    We try to be more objective possible.

Did you ever try the TR2? The problem is that you have to adapt your boot, but it's great.

Then why not mention this? Pretty useful information if you ask me.

Testing bindings on the snow is harder than it seems.
    They must be mounted all on te same ski, so we need a lot of identic new skis to mount with the different bindings.
    For this we limited our evaluations to technical analysus in laboratory.
    We try to be more objective possible.

Did you ever try the TR2? The problem is that you have to adapt your boot, but it's great.
    Ah ok. Yeah, we put a bunch of bindings onto the same ski when we did our comparison. I haven't been on the new Raider 14 or the TR2. Honestly, we probably won't review the TR2 - too small of an audience. We do have interest in the new Raider 14 (I have the old one). The problem is that they don't have US distribution, so getting a pair for review might be difficult. We also have an interest in the ATK RT. Do you have any contacts at ATK that speak english? We haven't tried to reached out to them yet.

Little confused—I thought the Freeraider 14 2.0 had a mandatory 4mm gap? What do you mean by the "spacer insert?" Do you mean the stomp block that goes under the boot heel?

Do you notice a difference in power between the new and old Freeraider 14?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Ah ok. Yeah, we put a bunch of bindings onto the same ski when we did our comparison. I haven't been on the new Raider 14 or the TR2. Honestly, we probably won't review the TR2 - too small of an audience. We do have interest in the new Raider 14 (I have the old one). The problem is that they don't have US distribution, so getting a pair for review might be difficult. We also have an interest in the ATK RT. Do you have any contacts at ATK that speak english? We haven't tried to reached out to them yet.
    We do. PM me.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Hi Skialper

My Italian is by no means great, but I do speak some, and I am good at proofreading. If you want to send me future issues for proofreading after translation, I'd be happy to help out.
    I have done quite a bit of proofreading, and translation work from Danish, Swedish and German to English.

First work free of charge; subsequent efforts payable in skis/boots/bindings :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    I'm in the same boat. It doesn't appear that the English version can be downloaded so I tried downloading the Italian version first with hopes it would allow me to open the English version. Now I have an $8 picture book. Shit.
    There was a problem with tablet/phone app which they have now fixed. I was able to download the English version to my desktop computer, but not my iPad so I e-mailed them about the tablet app and they replied that they had fixed the problem and provided me with a coupon code which I used and it worked to download the English version to my iPad with the App. I would assume now, that the English version works right out of the app.
    Last edited by Wetdog; 11-12-2016 at 02:58 PM.

great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Hi Skialper

My Italian is by no means great, but I do speak some, and I am good at proofreading. If you want to send me future issues for proofreading after translation, I'd be happy to help out.
    I have done quite a bit of proofreading, and translation work from Danish, Swedish and German to English.

First work free of charge; subsequent efforts payable in skis/boots/bindings :-)

We intend, of course, all differend models on same skis. 10 pairs of bindings on 10 pairs of identic skis.
    Just to be clear, because my bad english can create misunderstandings.
    Write me in private and I'll put you in contact with atk.

Can't seem to find the link to the actual digital english version anywhere? I already purchased it but want to look back at it again. How do I get back there?

SOLVED: Log in to your Mulatero account. Then click the down arrow next to the Digital menu option and then click the skialper link that shows up. This will take you to a page that shows a button 'Browse Magazine' for the digital english version (3rd button down).
    Last edited by Lindahl; 12-28-2016 at 09:26 PM.

mulatero.it/digital-skialper/

thanks for the feedback ;-)
    The Skialper reviews are by far the best and the Skialper 2018 buyers' guide is now available in print. Assuming digital will be released soon, are there plans for a 2018 English version too? An English version of the iPad app would also be nice improvement.

English version for 2018 is here:
    https://skialper.it/buyersguide/english/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk