Mount point; Soul 7 HD

Picked up on the cheap in a 188 for inbounds. I see factory rec. mount points are:

“All Mountain” (5.9 cm from center; 87.3 cm from tail) or
    “Freeride” (7.9 cm from center; 87.3 cm from tail). This would be -2.

Those that have these, what are your preferred mount point?

Also, when mounting, if I go -2, just line up boot center point 2cm back from ski center line? Assuming the #' above are better calculated measuring from tail than going with center point mark on ski?

Quote Originally Posted by esseff View Post
    Picked up on the cheap in a 188 for inbounds. I see factory rec. mount points are:

“All Mountain” (5.9 cm from center; 87.3 cm from tail) or
    “Freeride” (7.9 cm from center; 87.3 cm from tail). This would be -2.

Those that have these, what are your preferred mount point?

Also, when mounting, if I go -2, just line up boot center point 2cm back from ski center line? Assuming the #' above are better calculated measuring from tail than going with center point mark on ski?
    No real input on location, but always verify the mount point by measuring from the tail based on manufacturers recommendation to verify the marked boot center line on the ski is correct. However, you list the same "from the tail" measurement for both, is that a typo? If the "freeride" line measures correctly then just mount the boot center mark on your boots to that if you want to back 2cm. If Rossignol lists both at 87.3cm, I would contact them to get the correct measurements.

I called Rossi; they said on the line is recco, but -2 is ok for dedicated powder ski.

I measured the ski length, shorter than 188 at 186. Assuming 188 is running length:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1564.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	957.0 KB 
ID:	259760

That would make mid point 93 (splitting the length). If I measure from tails to center mark, its 877.

Tail to line:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1566.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	968.2 KB 
ID:	259763

So, 877 is center (on the line) per blister gear and my tape. If I want to mount on line, I line up my boot mid sole mark to the line and use template from there. If I want to mount -2, I slide boot mid sole mark back -2cm from center line?

I called Rossi; they said on the line is recco, but -2 is ok for dedicated powder ski.

So, 877 is center (on the line) per blister gear and my tape. If I want to mount on line, I line up my boot mid sole mark to the line and use template from there. If I want to mount -2, I slide boot mid sole mark back -2cm from center line?
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    yup
    Thanks!

One more; when I tape together both heel & toe template, what is the margin of adjustability? I am a 303 bsl and line up each template half on the 303 line, but more curious. Is itthe fore-aft movement of the heel rail?

Thanks!

One more; when I tape together both heel & toe template, what is the margin of adjustability? I am a 303 bsl and line up each template half on the 303 line, but more curious. Is itthe fore-aft movement of the heel rail?
    Not sure what binding you are referring to, but I won't be much help there regardless since I'm a telewhacker.

attack 13

Soul and Super 7 skis are really quick and agile on the “0” mark. They float better on the -2 mark and tend to ski better there for bigger skiers. Enjoy meadow skipping!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

They have a big sweet spot under foot so I figured I'd go on the line; I'm only a 160#.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Soul and Super 7 skis are really quick and agile on the “0” mark. They float better on the -2 mark and tend to ski better there for bigger skiers. Enjoy meadow skipping!

The Attack 13 isn't compatible with the Soul 7, the DIN is too high.

They have a big sweet spot under foot so I figured I'd go on the line; I'm only a 160#.
    That will probably work fine. I skied them when I was 200-lbs and folded them in half. My lighter buddy loves his.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Easy big fella. The HD version has more beef than my Kore's. At least that is the way it skis.

I understand and its ok if you prefer three layers of titanal.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    The Attack 13 isn't compatible with the Soul 7, the DIN is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    what’d nwskier recommend ?
    Curious about this too. I just picked up a pair for my pops for a "pow ski" to travel with. I'm thinking on the line will be his jam, but would like to hear from others experience...

oh, the humanity..... sarcasm meter = off the charts

PM'ed but nothing back. It appeared he has not been on site in well over a year so..............

I'll get them mounted this weekend.

PM'ed but nothing back. It appeared he has not been on site in well over a year so..............

I'll get them mounted this weekend.
    you want "NW_SKIER"
    he's all about the Soul 7

Subscribed to this thread. NW_SKIER has nothing but good advice when it comes to Souls. Hope he posts some info here.

Hey Esseff,

Thanks for the PM! The Soul 7 is the pinnacle of ski design and performance. You'll be ripping so hard soon, they'll swap you into Tanner Hall's spot on the Freeride World Tour.

I read in your pm that you got the red ones too! Fuckin' hang on tight, bro. You're going to get a speeding ticket on these motherfuckers.

Lets get down to the nitty gritty. You want the recommended mount point. Being such a benchmark in ski design, I always suggest using the manufacturer's line. They built the best ski in existence, I think they know best. If you really only want to crank your dins to 21, and make figure 11's though, then go -1cm.

Best of luck. Your friends won't be able to keep their dick beaters off your skis they'll be so fucking jealous.

Be sure to post up some tit pics of all the hot chicks you pick up with these mountain missiles.

Your friend,
    NW_SKIER

Mount point; Soul 7 HD

Bravo!

For any mags going to BBI Utardia, know that not only is NW_SKIER the true genius behind BBI, he also has close ties with Rossi US and will give tours during the event at their HQ in Park City. The Black Ops was his pet project. Be sure to PM him to get on the tour!

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Hey Esseff,

Thanks for the PM! The Soul 7 is the pinnacle of ski design and performance. You'll be ripping so hard soon, they'll swap you into Tanner Hall's spot on the Freeride World Tour.

I read in your pm that you got the red ones too! Fuckin' hang on tight, bro. You're going to get a speeding ticket on these motherfuckers.

Lets get down to the nitty gritty. You want the recommended mount point. Being such a benchmark in ski design, I always suggest using the manufacturer's line. They built the best ski in existence, I think they know best. If you really only want to crank your dins to 21, and make figure 11's though, then go -1cm.

Best of luck. Your friends won't be able to keep their dick beaters off your skis they'll be so fucking jealous.

Be sure to post up some tit pics of all the hot chicks you pick up with these mountain missiles.

Your friend,
    NW_SKIER
    Did not disappoint