Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Steamboat beta

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    Cugino's! Yes, that place is killer. Thanks, I forgot about them. Creekside is good too but man I loved Cugino's.
    I worked there for a few years. Made great money delivering pizzas never working while the lifts were running. I knew everyone in town, where to get the best weed and who needed me to turn it around and sell it to. The best philly cheese steaks...

Winona's for breakfast. T-Bar for all other sources of nourishment. The drugboat in ski time square is no longer. Find a native to get you through fish creek canyon. After exiting the canyon, offer your wife to said native for sled access on buff pass.

If you fish and the snow sucks, bring your rod and hike in to fish the tailwaters below stagecoach, will be one of the few times you can fish there by yourself given the small hike you have to do because of the road closure. In the summer it's a zoo.

Mazzola's was a great family Italian place, right downtown. Lyon's Corner Drug & Soda Fountain was retro cool, we loaded up the kids with milkshakes there. Our friends who live there swear by Freshies for breakfast; we tried to get in before flying out on a Saturday and it was too mobbed.

Don't French fry when you should pizza.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Buy a 4x40 pass or RockyMountain Superpass plus earlier in the year ( stop selling end of Jan I think).

Shudders at paying $159/day

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Skip the town hot springs unless you have kids and go to Strawberry Park instead.

Ski the stuff of Mt. Werner summit (covered well by others).

Closets and Shadows are great on a pow day but can be a little rough if it hasn't snowed in awhile - like most of the mountain, they face west.

The bump runs under Burgess Creek can sometimes have chalky snow longer as they face north. Conversely, if it's super warm, you might be able to ski slush/corn on some of the lower, more solar aspects.

Upper/Lower Valley View and/or Heavenly Daze are pretty good hauling ass groomer runs late in the day when all the tourons go inside.
    Nailed it 100%.

Was just there Saturday and Sunday, and skied all these zones. No Names & St Pats certainly skied the best, we basically lapped that area both days hopping off stuff, etc.

Shadows and Closets were pretty tooth rattling up top, but softened as you got lower towards the bottom. Did a few here near the end of the day when the sun had the longest amount of time to soften them up. Also, turbo-ing down the Valley View runs is a perfect way to end the day. The views are pretty spectacular and you can pretend you're a world cupper who doesn't turn much.

Steamboat certainly isn't the most technical mountain by any means, but it has a charm unlike anywhere else. I really like it there.

Also, Freshies is a pretty good breakfast joint, located about midway between the mountain and downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    If you fish and the snow sucks, bring your rod and hike in to fish the tailwaters below stagecoach, will be one of the few times you can fish there by yourself given the small hike you have to do because of the road closure. In the summer it's a zoo.
    Funny, we were planning on hitting that up. If anyone sees some Montana plates say hello. Been in the 50s in bozeman so been fishing more than skiing lately

Freshies is great. As is Creekside. Little House Biscuits on the other side of town by Ace is great too.

And the T-Bar. Oh how I miss the T-Bar.

Sunpies in summertime is tough to beat too.

Holy shit! I thought big sky was bad, I've never seen so many leather loafers and fucksticks. I better hit up some weed gummies before I head back to Montana

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Reviving this thread to ask mr dtown to elaborate on this, if he'd be so kind. I'm intrigued. Would love to cast a fly at some fish in January. Is it worth packing waders and gear?

Will be in Steamboat from 1/26-1/31 if anyone wants to drink/smoke/ski..

Will be in Steamboat 1/13-1/15.
    Looks soft.
    Neon yellow jacket & blue pants.

Shoot me a PM if you want to show me all the secret spots.

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Headed to steamboat tomorrow for my 5 ikonic daze. Also bringing touring stuff and would like to get out if I can tag along. Pm me if you want to show a solo new Englander mag around in the resort or out and about.
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

You are in time for the next storm cycle. Fingers crossed it will be nice and fluffy.

You can skin up the mtn. Outside of that there is little touring to do in town. Great XC ski trails though.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    You are in time for the next storm cycle. Fingers crossed it will be nice and fluffy.

You can skin up the mtn. Outside of that there is little touring to do in town. Great XC ski trails though.
    Thanks. Deciding between skiing a day at A basin on the way up or just busting up to steamboat. Never been to either

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Thanks. Deciding between skiing a day at A basin on the way up
    You should do this.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You should do this.
    Do what. A basin or not

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Do what. A basin or not
    Goddammit, man. Ski A-Basin.

Don't blame me if Steamboat disappoints after you do.

Goddammit, man. Ski A-Basin.

Don't blame me if Steamboat disappoints after you do.
    Arapahoe basin is great and all but it has zero aspens and no cougars

Yeah, but great beavers!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

If I were aspen and cougar hunting... I'd head for Aspen. YMMV.

If I were aspen and cougar hunting... I'd head for Aspen. YMMV.
    Agreed but this guy probably can't afford the coke in Aspen.

Thanks. Deciding between skiing a day at A basin on the way up or just busting up to steamboat. Never been to either

If you don't like steep terrain and just want blue cruisers, don't ski ABasin (and you'll LOVE Steamboat). Otherwise, ski it, and be prepared for the Boat to disappoint.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    If you don't like steep terrain and just want blue cruisers, don't ski ABasin (and you'll LOVE Steamboat). Otherwise, ski it, and be prepared for the Boat to disappoint.
    Says the guy who skis Eldora. To you Ski Cooper is a steep mtn. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Awesome thanks.

I <heart> hot tele-moms