Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    https://www.amazon.com/Pizzacraft-Pi...65495293&psc=1

^I got one of these for christmas years ago and just took it out of the box last week. After 4 uses, I have to say I'm really impressed with it. The biggest drawback for most people is you can't make a large pie, but this works for me because the wife hates my preferred pizza toppings. This way I get to make one for me and one for her and everyone is happy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59080067987__CAE5E210-D41E-4CA4-8642-4ED008BCDE33.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	919.9 KB 
ID:	296040
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Pizzacraft-Pi...65495293&psc=1

^I got one of these for christmas years ago and just took it out of the box last week. After 4 uses, I have to say I'm really impressed with it. The biggest drawback for most people is you can't make a large pie, but this works for me because the wife hates my preferred pizza toppings. This way I get to make one for me and one for her and everyone is happy.

Name:	59080067987__CAE5E210-D41E-4CA4-8642-4ED008BCDE33.jpg 
Size:	919.9 KB 
ID:	296040
    beware, that was my gateway oven to that big mother you see pictured above! That little guy works great. I have kept mine and I'm sure I'll still use it some when I don't feel like taking the hour or so required to get the wood burner stoked. It makes a damned fine focaccia too.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Wow, can't believe it's still that warm. We've been having freeze warnings at night and daytime highs in the mid-50s.
    Average for this time of year is highs mid-70s, lows mid-50s and normally my favorite season, but this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    beware, that was my gateway oven to that big mother you see pictured above! That little guy works great. I have kept mine and I'm sure I'll still use it some when I don't feel like taking the hour or so required to get the wood burner stoked. It makes a damned fine focaccia too.
    Ugh, I can definitely see myself going down the rabbit hole. I've been making decent pizza at home for years now, and this little oven has stepped my game up significantly. It'll definitely be a huge hit at the next tailgate/camping trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Finally got a good sour dough discard pizza to work out. Made a sauce from san marzano maters and a bit of paste, used mozzarella and aged parmigiana regiano cheeses with pruchetto ham and onions. It was yum.
    watch out for snakes

watch out for snakes

und

watch out for snakes

fired her up last night

Name:	monday 1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	300944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monday 2.jpg 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	300945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monday 3.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	739.7 KB 
ID:	300946

Oh yeah its pizza night

and the feelings right

Oh its pizza night

Oh what a night. Oh what a night.
    watch out for snakes

What is that yellow blob, egg, peach?

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    What is that yellow blob, egg, peach?
    Egg. The other pizza didn't have an egg because it slid right off after a broke it open.

Name:	BE94989B-1BA6-42E1-9E12-4D4FC04925FB.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	724.8 KB 
ID:	301122
    Traditional, bacon, shrooms with shredded mozz and regiano cheese on a san marzano sauce that I cooked down for a couple hours. Crispy bottom crust.

Name:	AFDD638C-76AD-46EE-A45B-7564DF6BD758.jpg 
Size:	741.2 KB 
ID:	301123
    Neopolitainish with basil pesto, garlic slices and thick sliced mozz and the above sauce. I used the broiler method for 2.5 mins after 8 mins in a 550F oven. Softer crust.

Both are very good.
    Last edited by SB; 11-05-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Wow, can't believe it's still that warm. We've been having freeze warnings at night and daytime highs in the mid-50s.
    Geez, a mere 5 weeks ago I was bitching about it still being in the mid 90s. Forecast low tonight of 25 and next Tuesday 16. I enjoyed all 3 weeks of fall this year.

Name:  IMG_4511.JPG
Views: 578
Size:  134.7 KB

sweet! where?

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	742.9 KB 
ID:	301586
    First pizza made by our friends 4 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    sweet! where?
    Burlington VT.
    They found a dead guy on the roof a couple weeks back.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Name:	22201931-1815-4EED-9D46-1969664AEBC6.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	666.3 KB 
ID:	305844
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Burlington VT.
    They found a dead guy on the roof a couple weeks back.
    No shit. We use to go up on a lot of those roofs downtown back in HS. Great places to expand your mind. Dead guy OD'd? I could see going up there to shoot up if that was your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Name:  IMG_4511.JPG
Views: 578
Size:  134.7 KB
    That right there is money. The old 80s store was cool and so is this version.

This one will be staying in the regular rotation. Chipotle queso base, cheddar cheese, chorizo, pasilla pepper, roasted corn, topped with cotija and some avocado lemon creme sauce.

Not homemade but interesting:

Sound the alarm: A fire engine food truck brings pizza to the people

COLLEGE PLACE — Engine 72 used to put out fires in North Olympia. Now one rages inside of it, guaranteed to cook a fresh pizza in two minutes.

Christopher and Janene Murray are the owners of Murray’s Rustic Pie, a wood-fired pizza operation built in a converted fire engine.

The mobile food truck has been in commission for the pizza business since last summer, traveling to farmers markets, breweries, community events — even weddings — when they’re not serving about 30 pies a day from the driveway of the Murray home at 536 NE C St.

The two are hardly new to pizza though. Or, for that matter, vehicular ovens. Before this, Chris Murray and a friend built a 3-foot oven in the back end of a ’77 Datsun pickup and hauled it all over Washington and Oregon to serve wood-fired pizzas at events.

The fire engine pizza oven combines three passions — oven-building, pizza and firefighting — and fulfills a longtime dream of Murray’s to own his own business.

“It doesn’t seem like work to me,” he said, kneading dough for a Murray’s Favorite (basil, sausage and pineapple). “This has been a dream of mine since I was a kid.”

The truck isn’t just a vessel for cooking. Nooks and compartments that traditionally hold firefighting equipment were converted for firewood storage and transporting toppings in containers.

It has a water pump, a diamond plate hand wash sink built on the truck’s tail board, a prep sink, water heater, fresh water tanks, gray water tank, slide-in refrigerated prep rail, reach-in refrigerator and TV, where Bob Ross (the late PBS painter) videos are regularly played in the window of the truck as happy little pizzas are hand-tossed.

Even the collapsible awning was made with the original ladders from the engine. The fire hose completes the awning.

The truck is a 1979 Ford Pierce engine. Murray, who served as a firefighter 16 years, ran the engine’s last call in Olympia, bought it in 2013 and then put it in storage with big plans for its future.

The youngest of five, Murray, 34, grew up cooking with fire with his family in the Mount Rainier area. The first oven he built on his own was an earth oven made with straw, dirt and sand smashed together and mixed in a kiddie pool before being fashioned into the oven.

The glory of wood-fired ovens is their power to heat simultaneously through convection, conduction and radiation, which means they cook incredibly quickly and efficiently.

Murray’s three older brothers all have their own wood-fired pizza operations spanning Olympia, where Stone Creek Wood Fired Pizza operates, down to Utah, home to Riggatti’s Wood Fired Pizza in St. George and The Pizza Cart Wood Fired Pizza in Cedar City.

Up until July, Murray operated his Datsun oven, serving pizzas from the truck bed.

In June though, a visit from his father, Fred, changed everything.

Nearing a due date with their third child, Chris and Janene opened their doors to their special guest, who began the design work that would turn the fire engine into a mobile kitchen.

Not satisfied to simply draw it out, the elder Murray headed to Vancouver, where the truck had been stored, and drove it back here. Before his son knew it, his best friend also came to town with his welding torch, and brother Jason Murray came up from Utah to help bring the vision to life.

“They said, ‘We build ovens — this is what we do,” he recalled.

The transformation took them two weeks — a period that will last a lifetime in memories.

“I always dreamed about doing something like that with my dad,” Murray said.

At the end of June and with the truck complete, Janene delivered their son three weeks early and on the edge of a weekend with five events booked. They haven’t looked back. Their 2- and 4-year-olds have found a role for themselves, helping load, haul and stock the daily supply of wood for the truck.

“We want to keep it family-driven,” Janene said, beaming.

With the spot on home base, the location is perfect to be able to serve customers who drive up while taking care of the kids. Janene, a cosmetologist, starts nursing school next week and will be home by lunch rush.

As much care has been put into the pizza creation as the truck itself. With much trial and error over the last decade or so, the pies have become a specialty.

Clad in aprons that say, “Get Your Fat Pants Ready,” the two worked through 15 different flours for their dough in five or so years before discovering one from Italy that is easy on the digestive system even for those with gluten intolerance. Murray’s Rustic Pie and San Francisco are reportedly the only spots in the U.S. where the flour is available. Mixed with a special blend of spices, it creates the foundation for the $13 pies sold at Murray’s.

The hand-tossed artisan pizzas are typically topped by Janene and cooked by Chris. In addition to Murray’s Favorite, the chicken bacon barbecue and margarita have emerged as favorites.

The business caught the attention of James Beard Award-winning cookbook author and chef Joanne Weir, who visited last summer for a segment on Plates and Places.

With paving on C Street complete just before the opening, those driving by have found a pathway to lunch and dinner. Orders can be made in person or sent via text or phone call.

Now that the engine is cooking, Chris Murray has his sights on the next piece: the first truck he ever took a call in. That vehicle will soon be retired, and he knows just what he wants to do with it when it is: convert it into the events truck while Engine 72 remains stationed in College Place.

“It’s a dream come true,” he said.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

That is pretty kewl angle for a food truck.

The ironing is strong with this one.

I wooda called it FIREPIES
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    That is pretty kewl angle for a food truck.

The ironing is strong with this one.

I wooda called it FIREPIES
    Didn't mention but for those unfamiliar with this area College Place is in Walla Walla County. Its city limits begin where W2's end. Anyone here eaten at the brother's places in UT?

And now for something I know you're going to like:

Pizza Is a Healthier Breakfast Than Cereal, According to a Nutritionist