Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Cancer

I'm so sorry Dan, this is every families worst nightmare.

It's just not right.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Best friend's mom was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Of course, it would be in the middle of the pancreas and involve the celiac artery. Surgeon's will attempt Appleby procedure at the end of the month, which sounds like if it is even possible is her only option other than continued long term chemo. She's undergone chemo the last year with little to no effect and has basically said no more. The cancer hasn't grown or spread. They won't even know if the Appleby is possible until they actually start the surgery and see what is going on with her arteries and veins to see if the resectioning of the celiac artery is an option. At least she's at the best place possible for this kind of shit, Pancreatic Cancer Research Center at John Hopkins. This totally sucks.
    Last edited by 2bjenny; 06-14-2016 at 02:26 PM.

College buddies 8 y/o came down with a bad flu earlier this month, docs sent him home, got worse. Blood tests showed elevated white blood count and a bone marrow test confirmed leukemia. His son was gone within a week. Hug your loved ones, be strong folks.

Holy shit that's rough

I hope your friend is OK snapt. That's a dark and horrible place to be.

Haven't talked to him in a while, just know via FB. Can't imagine, especially since his kids are his life. Can't imagine how it is on his older brother as well.

Omg man, that is super rough. I have kids and now have a tear in my eye for your friend. I couldn't even imagine. May your friend and his wife find the strength to make it through such dark times.

Apparently my niece said this to my SIL:

"If the medicine doesn't work will I die? I don't want to die. I want to stay here with you"

Fuck. Me.

fuck.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My brain seriously doesnt have the capacity to synthesize shit like that, Dan. It keeps coming back with extreme sadness and an error message.

Ugh. That's as heavy as it gets.

Oh god that's just devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    My brain seriously doesnt have the capacity to synthesize shit like that, Dan. It keeps coming back with extreme sadness and an error message.
    X2. No words, be strong Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Apparently my niece said this to my SIL:

"If the medicine doesn't work will I die? I don't want to die. I want to stay here with you"

Fuck. Me.
    Ah shit man. Loss for words, just sadness. Sorry man.

So, so, sorry to hear Dtm. I don't have any kids of my own, but reading that and thinking about it being possible to happen to my friend's 3 year old daughter makes me want to cry. Kids don't deserve that shit.

FUCK CANCER!

Thanks all. I was really down about the situation Saturday after the rally (which was awesome, probably a few hundred people attended and a shit ton of money was raised), but then bucked up and decided I was going to keep my chin up no matter what as long as she's still alive. Then I read that...ugh.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 06-14-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Jesus Dan. That's like the worst thing ever. So sorry.
    Working where I do, I sit in front of a computer mining data all day but things like this remind me that a lot of the data I stare at corresponds to people going through shit because of cancer. Yeah, we've made great strides in the past few years and will make a lot more but when you pull a report and you realize that a Yes in the "Retired" column means the patient died and then you realize a lot of the Dates of Birth are within the last 10 years that makes shit real. Serves as good motivation to not fuck around on the internet too much too.
    Anyway, if you care to pledge, divegirl is riding in the Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center Obliteride for my companies team (Adaptive Biotechnologies). You can pledge to support her ride at http://getinvolved.fhcrc.org/site/TR...nal&fr_id=1510
    Adaptive was founded out of research funded by a private grant like the money in this ride supports. The NIH denied the grant because they thought it wasn't possible to use genetic sequencing to monitor the human adaptive immune system. Fred Hutch said fuck the NIH and funded the grant privately and made it happen.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Found out recently son of good college friend has some sort of lymphoma 7 y/o. I understand it is getting worse, not better. Very Sad.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Fuck. Reading this shit about little kids is just brutal. I was working over the weekend, or I would've showed up to the rally, dtm.

I gave my kiddo an extra hug at bed time tonight. Don't know what else to do.

My sister lived until 53. That seemed young to me. I thought I was getting over it, but reading Dan's stories and others here brings it back like it was yesterday.

http://nyskiblog.com/i-love-my-little-sister/

Cancer has taken 5 of my wife's 8 brothers and sisters, and both of her parents, and my dad, and now my brother has it. Yeah, fuck cancer very much!

It's even worse though when little kids are the victim. Very sorry to hear about that.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Anyway, if you care to pledge, divegirl is riding in the Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center Obliteride for my companies team (Adaptive Biotechnologies). You can pledge to support her ride at http://getinvolved.fhcrc.org/site/TR...nal&fr_id=1510
    Adaptive was founded out of research funded by a private grant like the money in this ride supports. The NIH denied the grant because they thought it wasn't possible to use genetic sequencing to monitor the human adaptive immune system. Fred Hutch said fuck the NIH and funded the grant privately and made it happen.
    Very cool, donated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I gave my kiddo an extra hug at bed time tonight. Don't know what else to do.
    Not much else you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44 View Post
    My sister lived until 53. That seemed young to me. I thought I was getting over it, but reading Dan's stories and others here brings it back like it was yesterday.

http://nyskiblog.com/i-love-my-little-sister/
    Sounds like she was an amazing person. Sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Cancer has taken 5 of my wife's 8 brothers and sisters, and both of her parents, and my dad, and now my brother has it. Yeah, fuck cancer very much!
    Christ, that is way more than any one family deserves.

Thoughts to all of you.

Thank you and I'm so sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Very cool, donated.
    DTM, AC, I'm thinking and hoping for the best for Ruby. I'm so, so sorry you are all going through this. My heart skips beats just thinking about it. It's mind numbing. Our daughter is about the same age.

And thank you for your donation to the ride.

Fuck cancer.
    bc-lovah

Good buddy spread his wifes ashes at a beautiful waterfall last Tues.

Fuck cancer
    watch out for snakes