Mccall mountain biking

Heading to Mccall for a week and was hoping to get some recommendations on bike trails in the area. Any can’t miss zones or rides? Wife is solid intermediate in good shape and I can pretty much hack my way up and down most trails. Any other McCall activities/food/bars/hikes that we should hit? Thanks in advance
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

I'm NOT local to the area, and ridden there a few times:
    https://www.trailforks.com/route/loon-lake-loop/ Cool to see the plane crash site, ride was nice too.

Mccall mountain biking

Bear basin and jug mountain are the two main trail hubs up there. Lots of small loops you can do within those, payette rim trail is also a good one.
    Jug mountain clubhouse has good food, Pueblo lindo has good Mexican food, the sushi bar is good, McCall brewing co. is solid, and pancake house if you want big portions for breakfast. It is kind of a resort/tourist town so all the restaurants are pretty damn good there.
    Hike to Louie lake or boulder lake are good longer hikes and the hike or bike along brush creek is pretty easy and scenic.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mccall mountain biking

I’ve heard there’s a major E-bike scene, and locals are pretty against folks they see riding Yeti cycles... weird.

I’d maybe check out the Walmart in Lewiston, Idaho instead.

https://www.columbian.com/news/2012/...daho-wal-mart/

Hah!

Thanks all. Stoked to check out a new zone.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I’ve heard there’s a major E-bike scene, and locals are pretty against folks they see riding Yeti cycles... weird.
    Huh, that's interesting because theres a lot of folks that own Yeti's up there and a few of them happen to be the owners of a shop(s) that are Yeti dealers and they are well respected members of the Boise/McCall community.
    McCall has gotten weird over the last 10 years.

Yes, Bear Basin is a blast, as is Jug. Good riding at Ponderosa SP on the Huckleberry Trail which rides well either direction. Lots of trail options out there, get a good map from the local bike shop and explore until your hearts content or your legs are done.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    McCall has gotten weird over the last 10 years.
    Yeah it was totally normal 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Huh, that's interesting because theres a lot of folks that own Yeti's up there and a few of them happen to be the owners of a shop(s) that are Yeti dealers and they are well...
    Just messin’ with Nest because he’s got a nice Yeti and he isn’t a fan of E-bikes. No harm intended.

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    Hah!

Thanks all. Stoked to check out a new zone.
    Did you end up going? Any highlights or rec's to share? Heading up there August 3-9 with the family. Hoping to get some good riding in amidst family fun, etc.
    "I just got back from the Psych ward...OBVIOUSLY i am sane!"

NorCalSJK, I'll be riding Tamarack in Donnelly on 8/7 and Brundage in McCall on 8/9. Both are lift served but have free XC trails, The new Lake View Vista trail at Brundage allows uphil and downhill travel and is pretty sweet. Bear Basin in McCall is also pretty cool as well as Jug Mountain near Donnelly.
    "bound to cover just a little more ground"

I thought the loon lake plane crash was really cool. Worth doing if you are into history. Do it on a warm day, you have to trudge through some water to get to it.