Page 193 of 268 FirstFirst ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

I actually did book with central reservations and they told me they can only guarantee lift tickets IF i buy lift tickets from them starting October 5th.

It’s baffling. Either I take a risk that ikon will let me reserve on November 9th or I’m supposed to pay an additional 1k to use what ikon was supposed to give me in the first place? I can imagine Ikon/Alterra will lose a lot of business from everyone including myself if this is the situation that unfolds.

Especially considering I’m probably not the only one that upgraded to the full pass SPECIFICALLY to ski Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by icecoastkilla View Post
    I actually did book with central reservations and they told me they can only guarantee lift tickets IF i buy lift tickets from them starting October 5th.

It’s baffling. Either I take a risk that ikon will let me reserve on November 9th or I’m supposed to pay an additional 1k to use what ikon was supposed to give me in the first place? I can imagine Ikon/Alterra will lose a lot of business from everyone including myself if this is the situation that unfolds.

Especially considering I’m probably not the only one that upgraded to the full pass SPECIFICALLY to ski Jackson
    What a scam. I suppose you might be able to raise a stink with IKON or the lodging but my suggestion would be to take your business elsewhere. And if you do, an online review about the lodging trying to extract an extra grand for lift access you already paid for would be in order.

I thought I had understood they were allowing up to seven days worth of reservations from the outset. Wouldn’t it make sense to take a chance on the ikon system working with an early reservation in for your desired dates?

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    I thought I had understood they were allowing up to seven days worth of reservations from the outset. Wouldn’t it make sense to take a chance on the ikon system working with an early reservation in for your desired dates?
    Thats epic’s system for the Vail owned resorts. Ikon hasn’t given any more info on how many spots they’ll have available per day at Jackson or any of their partner resorts yet. My worry is that the number will be extremely low and might be booked in minutes once the reservation system comes online.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    What a scam. I suppose you might be able to raise a stink with IKON or the lodging but my suggestion would be to take your business elsewhere. And if you do, an online review about the lodging trying to extract an extra grand for lift access you already paid for would be in order.
    I think I’d have more luck with Jackson’s lodging system rather than complaining to Ikon. I’m going to have to wait and see if i can get my reservations in November but the downside is, if i don’t, I’ll have to cancel and rebook somewhere else, and lose the fantastic deal i got for JHMR.

I think I’d have more luck with Jackson’s lodging system rather than complaining to Ikon. I’m going to have to wait and see if i can get my reservations in November but the downside is, if i don’t, I’ll have to cancel and rebook somewhere else, and lose the fantastic deal i got for JHMR.
    good luck with your reservations. meanwhile things are changing every day.

Thats epic’s system for the Vail owned resorts. Ikon hasn’t given any more info on how many spots they’ll have available per day at Jackson or any of their partner resorts yet. My worry is that the number will be extremely low and might be booked in minutes once the reservation system comes online.
    My bad. I get confused and have both. Ugh...

I’m going to say if you book a trip right now, there may be no condolences.

The world is a mess but I want a ski trip dammit’

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    I’m going to say if you book a trip right now, there may be no condolences.

The world is a mess but I want a ski trip dammit’
    Well you know what they say...when hell freezes over I'll ski that too.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Well you know what they say...when hell freezes over I'll ski that too.
    Hahaha, never heard that but I’m definitely stealing it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

GenX version of Positively 4th Street
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    I plan to go all-in on #WRODlife when A-Basin opens, skiing almost every day, and I will be pretty anal about my own COVID safety. I am willing to post a thread of daily details, photos of lift lines, etc to help maggots "see how things go" in early-season and decide for themselves if/when they want to ski.

Who knows? Maybe my future posts can help someone decide something like "I'm comfy with Vitamin I's description of the crowds on Sundays from noon-4pm, but not comfy with his photos of Sunday morning and all-day Saturday"...or whatever.

Yes, please do. Start your own thread though so it will be easier for us to follow.

I think it's a cool idea.

I would read that thread for sure.

I’ve got shoulder surgery coming up, so plan to skip skiing until maybe February. It would help me make informed decisions for sure.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

I’ve got shoulder surgery coming up, so plan to skip skiing until maybe February. It would help me make informed decisions for sure.
    I had rotator cuff surgery 9/5/19 and had no issues skiing Thanksgiving. I avoided the WROD and a lot of hard polling until Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Yes, please do. Start your own thread though so it will be easier for us to follow.

I think it's a cool idea.
    I would read that thread for sure...
    After A-Basin opens, look for a new thread from me.
    I've never used Strava or stuff like that, but...Last night, I stumbled onto an app which looks like overkill at first glance, but actually it might be a super-easy way for me to present 10 daily photos of crowd-sizes at lift lines, groups not wearing masks, parking fiascos, crowd-sizes in indoor lodges, etc. That app's one-click generation of a video looks way easier than uploading a bunch of photos onto this forum, hahaha.
    See an example of the features at https://www.relive.cc/view/vYvrDY4ZdL6 (but that user's video didn't focus on my idea of taking photos of COVID craziness).

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    masks are like powderskirts
    for yo face
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    masks are like powderskirts
    for yo face
    a skifushbum quote that I will use
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Just based on my anecdotal experience this weekend on the OR Coast, there are going to be a shit ton of skiers at the resorts this winter. Expect looong waits to ride the chairs. Bring your own food and water, and wear a diaper. And the diaper is for your ass, not your face. But if you feel the need to wear the diaper on your face, far be it from me to issue advice on how to wear a diaper. Be best!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

So
    24 hours to decide on the local hill refund.
    Which resort is most likely to close? I don’t like the nationwide average bullshit. Most likely, I expect to roll the ikon over to next year, but it would be nice to both ski and get a refund.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    So
    24 hours to decide on the local hill refund.
    Which resort is most likely to close? I don’t like the nationwide average bullshit. Most likely, I expect to roll the ikon over to next year, but it would be nice to both ski and get a refund.
    Wondering same. I might put Killington. VT is fine now but if it spikes at all I think the governor will shut it down.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Wondering same. I might put Killington. VT is fine now but if it spikes at all I think the governor will shut it down.

I don’t think Killington is an option as it’s not an Alterra resort.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    I don’t think Killington is an option as it’s not an Alterra resort.
    Oh I didn't know that... Then sugarbush

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I had rotator cuff surgery 9/5/19 and had no issues skiing Thanksgiving. I avoided the WROD and a lot of hard polling until Christmas.
    Bankart repair for me basically. I’ll be in the immobilizer sling until December depending on my scheduled surgery date. I bet I could be out by Christmas and would do so in a normal year. Figure I’ll wait until at least after New Years this season and try to avoid the crowds. And see how shit pans out.

Doc says 6 months until contact sports and he considered skiing a contact sport. I almost called him a beater right there in the meeting.

My biggest concern is a slip on ice in the lot.

Bankart repair for me basically. I’ll be in the immobilizer sling until December depending on my scheduled surgery date. I bet I could be out by Christmas and would do so in a normal year. Figure I’ll wait until at least after New Years this season and try to avoid the crowds. And see how shit pans out.

Doc says 6 months until contact sports and he considered skiing a contact sport. I almost called him a beater right there in the meeting.

My biggest concern is a slip on ice in the lot.
    I got bankart repair last July and was skiing by November. If your doctor did a good job and tightened up the socket, the only thing that can really re-injure your shoulder is another dislocation event. I had already been in the gym for 2 months at that point too, so having a buncha strength back gave me some peace of mind.

Anyone else having a problem with ikon site when selecting single destination?

Page won't scroll down to reveal list of destinations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........