Page 53 of 385 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 9618
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post

thanks guys. I'll do toggles and a joint.
    I'm going to steal that thanks, pretty much be my answer for the next week to any question asked

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    How old is the house? Sounds like you built it? I would call the contractor first.

Failing that, take some pictures. How is the reveal down the sides and on the bottom? Most exterior doors have built in sills so adjusting them is different than tweaking interior doors.
    Hinge bending worked.

Door frame is still not "perfectly" square to the door, but looks and operates much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48fFtKTGTEw

Not a remodel question, but not worth it's own thread.

Below the shower guard is $25 + 10 shipping. Any ideas of what I can easily cut and make look like this for cheaper?

Needs to be low--profile like in the pic, not the standard splash guards everyone has that's 6" high.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 461
Size:  261.6 KB

^^^ Google "quarter round plastic" -- maybe that'll work? Cut & grind to shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Not a remodel question, but not worth it's own thread.

Below the shower guard is $25 + 10 shipping. Any ideas of what I can easily cut and make look like this for cheaper?

Needs to be low--profile like in the pic, not the standard splash guards everyone has that's 6" high.
    I have a piece of tile pencil trim (I think that's what it's called) at the edge of my shower that seems like it would fit the bill.

Some examples: https://www.flooranddecor.com/finishing-pieces-tile

Here's another one: https://www.homedepot.com/p/MSI-Gree...-GRE/100664352

Thanks guys, that's good stuff. Another option may be getting a shower sweep like this and cutting it to about 1"Hx12" long...might be too ugly for the mom though.

Name:  18509_main-01.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  21.4 KB

PVC trim? I’m sure quarter round is available by the LF in HD or Lowe’s.

That shower sweep is too flexible to work over time. That marble trim from HD with one end rounded off with a file/sandpaper and glued down with some silicon caulk would be the bomb.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I don't get the need. Is the tub cast iron? If so, the shower curtains with the built in magnets easily solve this problem.

sliding frosted shower doors are coming back i hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    sliding frosted shower doors are coming back i hear.
    Thank God, our bathroom looks really nice, but is from the 90's and I just can't justify gutting it to redo for $30k.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Very happy with the walk in shower we just finished, but more happy to be finished with the stress of diy.

Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Very happy with the walk in shower we just finished, but more happy to be finished with the stress of diy.

I hate to ask, but what is holding the glass in place?

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    I hate to ask, but what is holding the glass in place?
    Magnets

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

very sharp mofro nice work

More of the scope- 50s original pink and burgundy tile that the previous owners white washed. Took it all down to the studs

Cut 1" off the floor joists to get the "walk in"

A little plummin

Schluter/Kerdi

My Mrs demanded a heated towel rack, whatevs

Glass installers just used sealant/caulking, no brackets.

My old man is good with plumbing (urologist) and my brother is a journeyman electrician, so I had some decent help, but damn it was a lot to think about.

glass installers just used sealant/caulking no brackets
    Damn, really? How heavy was that glass? What do I know though I didnt even sleep at a holiday inn last night.

nice work mofro

Nice work. There is a ton of little things to do remodeling a bath. The old school iron supply lines are funneh. The glass would make me nervous, never seen it done that way.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    My old man is good with plumbing (urologist)
    too funny.

Structural silicone.... Glass panes in curtainwalls on skyscrapers are held in place just with caulking, 90 stories above your head as you walk by. A little glass in the shower shouldn’t be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Structural silicone.... Glass panes in curtainwalls on skyscrapers are held in place just with caulking, 90 stories above your head as you walk by. A little glass in the shower shouldn’t be an issue.

Learn something new every day. Shit I've even worked in commercial construction for awhile, but I'm a carpenter and its montana....

Home Remodel: Do, Don'ts, Advice

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

I’m assuming they used regular silicone on the shower. Additionally, you are bonding the silicone to the paint in that photo, so the joint strength is only as strong as the paint adhesion no matter what the silicone is.

I’d keep an eye on it. Makes me a bit nervous. We would not spec that without a metal track. The configuration provides a pretty good lever arm in that upper, unsupported corner. Wouldn’t take much of a knock to put a ton of pressure on the silicone bead on the opposite side.

... so try not to get too wild in the shower, mm?

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    I’m assuming they used regular silicone on the shower. Additionally, you are bonding the silicone to the paint in that photo, so the joint strength is only as strong as the paint adhesion no matter what the silicone is.

I’d keep an eye on it. Makes me a bit nervous. We would not spec that without a metal track. The configuration provides a pretty good lever arm in that upper, unsupported corner. Wouldn’t take much of a knock to put a ton of pressure on the silicone bead on the opposite side.
    No silicone to paint anywhere, both sides connected by a continuous bead to the tile surface. Glass guys billed it as a "2 man set" so the piece does have some weight to it. The company has been around since mid 70's so I got the idea they knew what they are doing. Said structural silicone was all they needed.