• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 181 of 295 FirstFirst ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It seems odd to me to lead with the fact that the shooter was trans.
    It's rightwing media's extension of "it's not the guns, it's the crazies". And it's part of their anti-LGBTQ rhetoric/campaign.

Since a large chunk of the population believes there has to be something wrong in the head for someone to want to physically change their gender (and/or a sin to not be 100% straight) it's an easy sell.

Bobby's kids are more in danger in his own home with all those guns than they are at even the most dangerous school. They (and Bobby) are way more likely to be shot with his own guns than they are anyone else's.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Threads like this are exhausting and depressing.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It's rightwing media's extension of "it's not the guns, it's the crazies". And it's part of their anti-LGBTQ rhetoric/campaign.

Since a large chunk of the population believes there has to be something wrong in the head for someone to want to physically change their gender (and/or a sin to not be 100% straight) it's an easy sell.
    What the Republican Push for ‘Parents’ Rights’ Is Really About

... “Parents’ rights,” you will have noticed, never seems to involve parents who want schools to be more open and accommodating toward gender-nonconforming students. It’s never invoked for parents who want their students to learn more about race, identity and the darker parts of American history. And we never hear about the rights of parents who want schools to offer a wide library of books and materials to their children.

“Parents’ rights,” like “states’ rights,” is quite particular. It’s not about all parents and all children and all the rights they might have.

The reality of the “parents’ rights” movement is that it is meant to empower a conservative and reactionary minority of parents to dictate education and curriculums to the rest of the community. It is, in essence, an institutionalization of the heckler’s veto, in which a single parent — or any individual, really — can remove hundreds of books or shut down lessons on the basis of the political discomfort they feel. “Parents’ rights,” in other words, is when some parents have the right to dominate all the others.

And, of course, the point of this movement — the point of creating this state-sanctioned heckler’s veto — is to undermine public education through a thousand little cuts, each meant to weaken public support for teachers and public schools, and to open the floodgates to policies that siphon funds and resources from public institutions and pump them into private ones. The Texas bill I mentioned, for instance, would give taxpayer dollars to parents who chose to opt out of public schools for private schools or even home-schooling.

The culture war that conservatives are currently waging over education is, like the culture wars in other areas of American society, a cover for a more material and ideological agenda. The screaming over “wokeness” and “D.E.I.” is just another Trojan horse for a relentless effort to dismantle a pillar of American democracy that, for all of its flaws, is still one of the country’s most powerful engines for economic and social mobility.

Ultimately, then, the “parents’ rights” movement is not about parents at all; it’s about whether this country will continue to strive for a more equitable and democratic system of education, or whether we’ll let a reactionary minority drag us as far from that goal as possible, in favor of something even more unequal and hierarchical than what we already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

America does not have the moral courage to do anything about gun violence. And that’s fucking sad

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Honest solution: What if we just stop talking about it? I truly think it would go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Threads like this are exhausting and depressing.
    If only there was something we could do...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    America does not have the moral courage to do anything about gun violence. And that’s fucking sad

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Americans don't have the courage to go to McDonalds without a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Honest solution: What if we just stop talking about it? I truly think it would go away.
    B Stainless?

Yes he would.

School shootings?

No they wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Checks Florida... Shakes head..

That only works for herpes

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

.... It is, in essence, an institutionalization of the heckler’s veto,....
    Like leveraging social media has become, especially here.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Bobby's kids are more in danger in his own home with all those guns than they are at even the most dangerous school. They (and Bobby) are way more likely to be shot with his own guns than they are anyone else's.
    Amazing we have made it this long.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post

Pretty sure the shooter was crazy. Maybe not though?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    i’ll post this dick in your mouth
    You are also the one who wanted to post dead kids. Don't feel the same about dead shooters apparently. Odd.

Im suprised all of you are so worked up about dead, white, Christians. Not really your crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    You are also the one who wanted to post dead kids. Don't feel the same about dead shooters apparently. Odd.

Im suprised all of you are so worked up about dead, white, Christians. Not really your crowd.
    Log off Seek help

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., on Tuesday called on federal law enforcement agencies to investigate Monday's shooting at the Covenant School as a religious hate crime.

On Monday, a shooter opened fire at the Covenant School in Nashville, killing six people, including three children. The school was founded in 2001 as a ministry of the Covenant Presbyterian Church, which shares the same address. Hawley cited law enforcement reports that the shooting was "targeted" against the Christian school, which police believe the shooter attended.

“It is commonplace to call such horrors ‘senseless violence,’” Hawley wrote in a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray and Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. “But properly speaking, that is false. Police report that the attack here was ‘targeted’ — targeted, that is, against Christians.”

Hawley previously voted against an anti-Asian hate crime bill that was passed on a 94-1 vote in April 2021 and directed the Department of Justice to expedite the review of such crimes. The measure also tasked the attorney general and the Department of Health and Human Services with issuing best-practices guidance on how to mitigate racially discriminatory language in describing the pandemic.

A spokesperson for Hawley referred NBC News to the senator's tweet about the bill. At the time, Hawley cautioned it would turn the "federal government into the speech police." He added that the bill gave "government sweeping authority to decide what counts as offensive speech and then monitor it."

On Tuesday, Hawley also introduced a Senate resolution to condemn the shooting as a hate crime.

In his letter to law enforcement officials, Hawley wrote that "hate that leads to violence must be condemned. And hate crimes must be prosecuted."

Nashville Police Chief John Drake told NBC News that police believe "resentment" over having to attend the Covenant School may have played a role in the shooting. Drake added that police had recovered "writings" and a detailed map of the school and how the shooter would carry out the attack, which they are investigating for a motive.

I hate politicians.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Hawley, once again exposing himself as the most slimey, banal, manipulative and classless Senator in some time.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Hawley, once again exposing himself as the most slimey, banal, manipulative and classless Senator in some time.
    What a tool.
    “I don’t know why anyone needs an AR-15,” President Donald Trump reportedly told aides in August 2019 after back-to-back mass shootings in Dayton, Ohio, and El Paso.
    MAGA even thinks this is bullshit. Or did at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Honestly. Once you cut off a head it should be put on a pike. Or fencepost.
    Well, the reality is:maybe blue states ban/turn in guns. But really, Texas,Montana, Wyoming etc?? Not going to happen.

So. Secure the schools. These shooters are cowards picking soft targets.

Bitch all you want about guns. They aren't going anywhere.

Keep in mind up thread I said I despise the fetishizing of guns and the bro dozer culture. The crazy 2a ppl are part of the problem.

Glitchy forum is glitchy. Random quote above^^

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Just wondering...why are you here? Flyover with no skiing. Do you know how to ski or ride?
    you could ask this same question to half the losers who post in polyass every day along with most of the people posting in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    These shooters are cowards picking soft targets.
    Care to make a comprehensive list of 'soft targets'? My accounting says that's about 95% of public life.

Quote Originally Posted by ikonfreewasatch View Post
    you could ask this same question to half the losers who post in polyass every day along with most of the people posting in this thread.
    You need to figure out where you are trolling troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Honestly. Once you cut off a head it should be put on a pike. Or fencepost.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Care to make a comprehensive list of 'soft targets'? My accounting says that's about 95% of public life.
    Well I'd at least posit that a building filled w toddlers and children should be at the top of the list.