Page 86 of 97 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2405

Thread: What phone now?

I charge once I am at 15% or less until fully charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I charge once I am at 15% or less until fully charged.
    After 6 mos my phone's batteries discharge noticeably faster. Doesn't matter which phone out of all of the ones I've had. My Moto G Power (2020) was great when I first got it. It would often be at 70 or 80 at the end of a day, 60s weren't uncommon. It's why I got it Now I'm lucky if it's at 40% and 20% is common. I've gone through settings and periodically trim things back on usage.

Probably belongs in the shit that annoys me thread. The new phone showed up as delivered in Google and FedEx, but it wasn't at my house. Good thing I checked with my neighbor. FedEx put it in his mailbox. Which is 25' from my door, approximately. And his mailbox has his street number on the front of it in big bold characters. His box is out by the street because his house is behind mine and too far for USPO to deliver to. My box is on my house. With my street number big and bold. I did get to chat with the neighbor though whom we don't see often enough. I won't get to try the phone until Amazon delivers the case and screen protectors. Amazon is way behind this year.

So, also probably shit that annoys me: Anyone know of a case for the Moto G Stylus 5G 2022 that has attached dust caps for power and headphone ports AND a kickstand AND is magnetic holder compatible??? I can only find cases with 2 of 3. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make a case with all 3. Dust caps are by far the least popular feature judging by the scarcity of cases so equipped. I tried retrofitting my current phone's case with a metal sheet designed for exactly this purpose and the case is too thick. That's common to many kickstand cases.

Dust cap = tape.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Dust cap = tape.
    Bahaha. No. I want actual dust caps attached to the case. They're out there. They work. They don't get lost. They don't fall off. I stopped having to doosh out my USB-C port once I got the right case. My pockets are horrible dusty places.

Tell you what, Moto screwed the pooch on the fingerprint reader on both the Moto G 5G 2022 and the Stylus. Almost a deal breaker for me. They must have been on PCP when they decided to put it on the power button. WTAFF?!?!?! I dunno about everyone else, but I can't fit enough of my finger on it to get a full print. And that's when I take off the case. There no way it works with the case on. I really liked the reader on the back of the phone.

What fingerprint reader? I type in a numeric pass code.

What fingerprint reader? I type in a numeric pass code.
    Go on now, it's past your bedtime.

Well the charge port on my trusty Pixel 3a is starting to fail. Wish I could keep it forever.

Ordered a refurbished Pixel 5a to replace it. That way I get 5G as my carrier was charging me extra for only being 4G and on an old plan that has carry over data. Fucking crooks.

Reason I chose the 5a is I believe it is the last Pixel that has an actual headphone jack.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Well the charge port on my trusty Pixel 3a is starting to fail. Wish I could keep it forever.

Ordered a refurbished Pixel 5a to replace it. That way I get 5G as my carrier was charging me extra for only being 4G and on an old plan that has carry over data. Fucking crooks.

Reason I chose the 5a is I believe it is the last Pixel that has an actual headphone jack.
    Does the 3a port just need the dust douched out of it? Or is it more than that? I stopped using my 3a because the battery life was decreasing.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

I like having a real headphone jack, but I picked up a Pixel 6a because of a promo offer, and it doesn't have a headphone jack. I bought an adapter from Amazon for $6 and it works - only used it briefly so far, but seems fine. Is there a drawback to a USB headphone adapter?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

May wear out the USB port quicker?

Can't listen to music and charge?

How's the sound quality out of the USB adapter vs headphone port?

Sound quality seemed fine - only tried it out to test it, haven't listened through it much at all. I mostly want it for airplane use.

The adapter I got is a short cable, maybe 3" long. I don't think it'll put any real strain on the USB port.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Noticed my Samsung S7 was off the other day.

Powered it on and it was stuck on the S7 loading graphic for hours. Tried a reset, same result. Tried to do a factory reset and after an hour or so I got a message on a light blue background with the Android logo saying something to the effect of "Device has been flashed with unauthorized software and is now locked, contact phone carrier".

Call my carrier and they weren't any help. Took it to a mobile shop to see if it could be repaired and after two days they said they couldn't figure it out.

Had to replace it. Anyone have any idea what that was all about?! (I don't click on spam text or email links)

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post

Powered it on and it was stuck on the S7 loading graphic for hours. Tried a reset, same result. Tried to do a factory reset and after an hour or so I got a message on a light blue background with the Android logo saying something to the effect of "Device has been flashed with unauthorized software and is now locked, contact phone carrier".

Call my carrier and they weren't any help. Took it to a mobile shop to see if it could be repaired and after two days they said they couldn't figure it out.

Had to replace it. Anyone have any idea what that was all about?! (I don't click on spam text or email links)
    Find a different pr0n site.

Link?

I don't watch that stuff.

On my phone.

That's what the tablet's for.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post

Probably the Chinese installed malware went haywire. I'm sure the Chinese have the bugs worked out on the most recent models...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

This is probably the wrong thread, but…

FUCK APPLE. Last week my iPhone downloaded an updated iOS into my phone while I was sleeping. Now my Apple Car Play does not work on my 2018 Chevy. Worked great before this new iOS. I’m a tech JONG and have no idea how to fix this.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    This is probably the wrong thread, but…

FUCK APPLE. Last week my iPhone downloaded an updated iOS into my phone while I was sleeping. Now my Apple Car Play does not work on my 2018 Chevy. Worked great before this new iOS. I’m a tech JONG and have no idea how to fix this.
    This seems like a dumb question, but have you tried a hard restart on your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This seems like a dumb question, but have you tried a hard restart on your phone?
    What’s that ?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

turn it off
    and
    turn it on
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    turn it off
    and
    turn it on
    2 more ideas: 1) un-sync the phone from your car stereo and re-sync; 2) if that doesn't work, "rename" your phone before re-syncing- I have to do that each time I get a new phone so that I can use the hotspot with an existing laptop- Google how to do it for your phone.

As far as which new phone to get, see this thread if you want a phone that has emergency satellite function (either iPhone 14 or Android version yet to come): https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...e-SOS-and-text

or just buy a new truck
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.