Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    So the loss of Cris P. happened on Tuesday with 21 days and just under 3/4 of a Million dollars and top 5 all time winnings in regular season Jeopardy winnings (without any Tournament winnings.) Andy Tirrell won in Final Jeopardy with the only correct answer of the evening.

Partial Spoiler alert from last night's show (so if you have not watched it and want to do not go any further)...

Then more excitement in Final Jeopardy last night where all 3 entered into the Final round with quite a bit of money and two players leading tied with the same money and then nobody getting Final Jeopardy question about US Presidents right. So it all came down to the betting.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    So the loss of Cris P. happened on Tuesday with 21 days and just under 3/4 of a Million dollars and top 5 all time winnings in regular season Jeopardy winnings (without any Tournament winnings.) Andy Tirrell won in Final Jeopardy with the only correct answer of the evening.

Partial Spoiler alert from last night's show (so if you have not watched it and want to do not go any further)...

Then more excitement in Final Jeopardy last night where all 3 entered into the Final round with quite a bit of money and two players leading tied with the same money and then nobody getting Final Jeopardy question about US Presidents right. So it all came down to the betting.
    That had to be in the top 10 of obscure Final Jeopardy clues. AFAIC a clue that no one answers is a lousy clue.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That had to be in the top 10 of obscure Final Jeopardy clues. AFAIC a clue that no one answers is a lousy clue.
    I sort of agree, but there was a 1 in 46 chance of guessing the correct one....

One day champions are killing JEOPARDY!
    Relatively low post count.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua toque View Post
    One day champions are killing JEOPARDY!
    It is pretty much won and done week or so, will be interesting to see if anyone can put even a short streak together...

Glad Ray got defeated last, I have been ready for a new champ for a while (did he really have to say "please" each time he picked a clue? "too nice" can be annoying)

I questioned the new champ only betting $5 on his first daily double at first, but it paid off since he got it wrong. No sense betting half your money when trying to beat a super champ (if you get it wrong you're going to lose anyway)- go all in or bet the minimum if you hate the category- good strategy!

I loved Ray, but I'm fine with seeing some new blood. The guy who won last night seemed a bit odd.

Ray squeaked by several times. Finally caught up with him. Nice guy, though.

Too nice? Well, he IS Canadian.

I was surprised all three came up with Isabel Allende last night. I knew there are both a writer and a politician named Isabel Allende, but I didn't realize the writer lives in the U.S. (and apparently has since the early '90s).

I wanted a multi-day champion....
    and for my sins they gave me one.

When it was over I'd never want another.
    Relatively low post count.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua toque View Post
    I wanted a multi-day champion....
    and for my sins they gave me one.

When it was over I'd never want another.
    I like the new guy (has won 2)- but after someone wins 5 I'm always ready for them to go- spread the wealth!

“Celebrities” , if that is what you call “whoz that?”, proving they are kinda dumb

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

At least the "celebrities" questions make me feel like I'm a genius, on what percentage I get correct

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    “Celebrities” , if that is what you call “whoz that?”, proving they are kinda dumb
    the formula seems to be "one person you recognize who does well vs. two no-name no-nothings" Once we get to the semi-finals it should better.

I wondered if the actress last night with the last name DeVitto was related to Danny- no (Danny's last name only has one "t"), but she is the daughter of longtime Billy Joel drummer Liberty DeVitto! So yeah major celebrity . . .

Was a great Final Jeopardy finish tonight. Two in the running for a pretty good paycheck and one that could be the spoiler if the 2 bigger money holders miss the final answer...

No posting of the outcome due to West coast but good one to watch.

I can't say I was disappointed to see Yogesh go down last night. He could be a nice guy in real life, but sure came across as a bit of an ass on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I can't say I was disappointed to see Yogesh go down last night. He could be a nice guy in real life, but sure came across as a bit of an ass on TV.
    A lot more than a bit.

That guy was so pompous. I don't think I will be listening to your podcast, sir.
    skid luxury

I love it when someone who has been tense and brusque during the match wins and turns into a laughing, smiling, jibbering idiot and you realize they're probably an ok person to be around after all.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I love it when someone who has been tense and brusque during the match wins and turns into a laughing, smiling, jibbering idiot and you realize they're probably an ok person to be around after all.
    Right. It's great to have your game face on during the actual game, but you should probably lighten up for the interview segment and at the end of the show.

The best players seem to be pretty relaxed during the game.

hell of a game today and a bummer someone came up $200 short before fj. was pretty intense in final clues. Gotta daily double hunt and they didn't.

Found it weird they were still dd hunting after erin got it in the jeopardy round.

It was a much better game than I anticipated. Troy Meyer is known as one of the world's best quiz players. I have a feeling he'll settle in and go on a long run, but you never know. Jeopardy isn't exactly the same skill set as pure quizzing.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It was a much better game than I anticipated. Troy Meyer is known as one of the world's best quiz players. I have a feeling he'll settle in and go on a long run, but you never know. Jeopardy isn't exactly the same skill set as pure quizzing.
    yeah Erin would have won in final if she'd been within reach. The Llama force is strong lately . . .

A series of one and done this week for sure. Interesting FJ's other than the run away yesterday where he bet $0 to secure the win.