Page 175 of 247 FirstFirst ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 6153
    Secret can put the hurt on even when your bike is running well. Wouldn't want to hike a bike it, especially with 50 lb moped.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Secret can put the hurt on even when your bike is running well. Wouldn't want to hike a bike it, especially with 50 lb moped.
    For real. This was my first time not eating shit or breaking something on that trail. In the past I've had close encounters with trees (1 st time), went OTB trying to be steezy and rolled my ass in a cactus (2nd time), and flatted then tore the tire off right at the end (3rd time). Usually the drivetrain is screaming in agony by the end as well...
    Big bikes helped this time, I was on the Gnarvana, buddy on his Enduro, and we we happily smashing around all over the place. Third friend on a Stumpy was a looking a bit more fatigued by the end, the riding is so physical. Not sure the added weight and decreased maneuverability makes the riding significantly harder but having more squish certainly makes the repeated hits more tolerable.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Cheap Chinese knock off frame. Carbonspeed CS-197. The bottom bracket delaminated on the first one I got. This frame was the replacement and it blew apart too. Rode the shit out of it anyways.
    Copy that. I had one come through the shop with a BB creak that wouldn't go away. Turns out the BB shell delam'd. The guy rode the shit out of it anyways

SLC Bike prices. While the interwebz are showing a big drop in the used space, I'm not seeing it in the SLC market. Have my youngest on a bike I picked up From DTM a few years ago. She went on or near the podium in every race she did this year and so I need to find her something that is a little more XC and a little less enduro. Every NICA parent is shopping in the XS / Small size zone for what I am looking for, but used are selling for about a 10% knock off from new and I selfishly used the pro form on myself. Patience will pay off, but feeling the guilt for my selfish buy!! I should probably wait for spring anyways because she is at the age where she could jump a foot in three months.

Quote Originally Posted by donutlynx View Post
    Copy that. I had one come through the shop with a BB creak that wouldn't go away. Turns out the BB shell delam'd. The guy rode the shit out of it anyways
    Sounds like that guy and I would get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    For all I know dude's still out there pushing his bike... More money than sense?
    people go on vacation assuming he was on a bike trip doesn't ride too much to begin with and needs to slay the dragon so he can write home bout how awesome it was
    see it all the time

other than the wind goosberry is the best
    sitting there burning a blunt drinking a beer at the camp site and watching the carnage always makes me chuckle
    your story was great

This happened at the start of the month. I was lucky and it happened on a dirt road and not the trail.
    I felt the bike fall apart underneath me, I was able to get unclipped and just stood there looking at my bike in 2 pieces between my legs.

I can't complain too much, 5 year old frame, I had dented it pretty bad 3 or so years ago and never bothered checking it again. I did notice the back end was loose that ride, I kept checking the suspension and wheels, never thought to check the frame!

^^ damn. Worst nightmare in downhill situations. Glad you were okay.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    ^^ damn. Worst nightmare in downhill situations. Glad you were okay.
    Thanks, I had just bailed off a double black trail that was at the edge of what I'm capable of.. 2 minutes before this I was riding down some slabs so it could have been a lot worse.

Also I also had a remote ride planned the next day, this could happened 10 miles into the bush.

So overall doesn't really belong in the rant thread, but seemed fitting.

Bros on e-bikes dumbing down one of the best backcountry trails in Socal, basically trying to turn it into a flow trail with berms, jumps. One of them crashes and next day they're out there digging rocks out of the tread and widening the trail. Whatever happened to taking on whatever challenges the trail presents?

^^ This problem pre-dated mopeds to be fair, but is incredibly annoying. Lately I've seen a few moped riders around that look like they are playing football w/ pads on a completely XC trail system. Years ago a bunch of guys took hammer/chisel and chip away at some of the rocks, in a rock garden that's maybe 2 bike lengths long with max 8" rock height. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ironhippy View Post
    Thanks, I had just bailed off a double black trail that was at the edge of what I'm capable of.. 2 minutes before this I was riding down some slabs so it could have been a lot worse.

Also I also had a remote ride planned the next day, this could happened 10 miles into the bush.
    Wow, that is a really interesting failure on the downtube, too! Which tube did you dent 3 years back? Top or down?
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

My gripe today is eBay sellers that mis-convey their "new, take off" parts. Three times this year I have received parts that were not the correct item by some spec or another. Bottom brackets for different crank spindles, stems for the wrong bar diameter, and so on. What is worse is when rebuilding a bike that you want to start at the end of the season and while you can check the part is complete but may not know that your bb is for 30mm and not Dub, resulting in a very frustrating installation night stopped early, again and no possibility to resolve the sale with the seller after the 90 day period.

I need to become a dentist.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Whatever happened to taking on whatever challenges the trail presents?
    Today's Bro don't mess around bringing himself up to a/the challenge, it's all about throwing duckets at the unicorn instead of putting in the training/technique time, just toss $$ at tech. People are frikkin lazy and with all the time it takes to post their internet persona, no wonder.

How about dangerous or sketchy stunts ? There are lots of them from the old days and the gov is asking that they be taken down
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Bros on e-bikes dumbing down one of the best backcountry trails in Socal, basically trying to turn it into a flow trail with berms, jumps. One of them crashes and next day they're out there digging rocks out of the tread and widening the trail. Whatever happened to taking on whatever challenges the trail presents?
    I think the problem is that ebikes are turning some backcountry trails into front country trails, purely by virtue of the ease of getting there with a motor.

I generally think backcountry trails should be managed and maintained differently than front country trails, so I think there's gonna be a messy period of adjustment as the lines between those categories of trails become blurrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    SLC Bike prices. While the interwebz are showing a big drop in the used space, I'm not seeing it in the SLC market. Have my youngest on a bike I picked up From DTM a few years ago. She went on or near the podium in every race she did this year and so I need to find her something that is a little more XC and a little less enduro. Every NICA parent is shopping in the XS / Small size zone for what I am looking for, but used are selling for about a 10% knock off from new and I selfishly used the pro form on myself. Patience will pay off, but feeling the guilt for my selfish buy!! I should probably wait for spring anyways because she is at the age where she could jump a foot in three months.
    LBS' will work with you sometimes for a NICA racer. Plus, if it's on the floor right now...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I think the problem is that ebikes are turning some backcountry trails into front country trails, purely by virtue of the ease of getting there with a motor.

I generally think backcountry trails should be managed and maintained differently than front country trails, so I think there's gonna be a messy period of adjustment as the lines between those categories of trails become blurrier.
    It's also gonna be messy since moped riders don't seem to think any rules apply to them. But you're definitely right about those things making access easier. These guys aren't just doing some small nip and tuck projects either. They're doing full on re-routes of sections they don't think flow well, building jumps and berms. Which in turn will attract more bros and more trail mods. Not just seeing e-bikes there now, but full on e-motos (surrons) as well. And they're using those things to get further out to do more work.

46-day delivery from Europe. If you hunt for deals you better be patient. Maybe a little World Cup practice during its 36 days at LAX.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5BC33332-D75D-4EDF-B582-98330655F2F2.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	614.5 KB 
ID:	438040

You gotta love the WE CARE sticker. Clearly, USPS cared about this package. They cared HARD?
    Contents intact?
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

The We Care sticker and bag is hilarious. The bag was too small so they just threw a bunch of rewrap tape at it.
    Contents survived. Luckily just handlebars which appear undamaged.

This used to be a singletrack trail. But hey, who can wait a couple days for it to dry out? I mean we only have 350 days of perfect weather a year. Instead lets just go wider and wider to avoid the mud.

Name:	PXL_20220101_231822891.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	438301

This used to be a singletrack trail. But hey, who can wait a couple days for it to dry out? I mean we only have 350 days of perfect weather a year. Instead lets just go wider and wider to avoid the mud.

Name:	PXL_20220101_231822891.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	438301
    Just so, so wrong.

Ugh. That blows

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

that looks like a vehical wide perimeter road behind a housing development that people ride a bike on, maybe there is a steel gate at the end cuz no car tracks ?

I hope you dentists and lawyers have > to ride yer yeti
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-17-2022 at 05:31 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know