Page 1620 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 ... LastLast
Results 40,476 to 40,500 of 41810
    So what's the story with early false negatives on home tests? Sister-in-law, and a few other people I know have had symptoms, tested negative for two or three days, then positive just before the symptoms started to abate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    So what's the story with early false negatives on home tests? Sister-in-law, and a few other people I know have had symptoms, tested negative for two or three days, then positive just before the symptoms started to abate.
    IIRC the newer variant(s) are less likely to be picked up by the home tests... but I might be wrong. I'm sure there are people 'round here that know better than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Any word on when the multi variant boosters are coming out?
    lol

MORE BOOSTERS!

HOW DEARE THOSE SHITTY LITTLE VIRI CHANGE THE RULES!!!
    OFF WITH THEIR ........ HEADS?

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    lol

MORE BOOSTERS!
    NO BOOSTER FOR YOU!!! Next.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    lol

MORE BOOSTERS!
    Yeah, and why can’t we just use the flu shot formula from, say, 2004 and just leave it be?

Heh. some one needs to familiarize themselves with immuno-/ virology.

Butt ..... Vishlas are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    If we're going back in time on medicine, reckon we go full throttle:

Attachment 423023
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lil-wayne-drinking-syrup-1200x675.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	423024
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    If we're going back in time on medicine, reckon we go full throttle:

Attachment 423023
    Fucking IN!

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    My SIL had this experience. She had symptoms for 4 days before testing positive on a pcr test and 5 days before positive on a home test. Michael Mina has been stating that for those vaxed, some will have initial symptoms because of immune response, prior to being infectious.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 08-03-2022 at 09:32 PM.

Anyone still wanting masks - I picked up some of these off Amazon the other day and really like them. They have a little plastic "S" hook attached to the ear loops so you can connect the earloops behind your head.

https://a.co/d/c3wyK2O

Name:  3mmask.png
Views: 567
Size:  381.4 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Anyone still wanting masks - I picked up some of these off Amazon the other day and really like them. They have a little plastic "S" hook attached to the ear loops so you can connect the earloops behind your head.

https://a.co/d/c3wyK2O

Name:  3mmask.png
Views: 567
Size:  381.4 KB
    They do look so fun!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    So does RA stay home the entire time they are positive, go out masked, or go out and about unmasked?
    I won't go anywhere outside. I'm totally terrified so I sit inside all day, alone wearing a mask. Then I get on the internet and tell others how dumb they are for having a different opinion since I'm so terribly ashamed at how much of a pussy I am.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I won't go anywhere outside. I'm totally terrified so I sit inside all day, alone wearing a mask. Then I get on the internet and tell others how dumb they are for having a different opinion since I'm so terribly ashamed at how much of a pussy I am.
    No wonder you don't get any pussy...

Thanks for distilling it to the root of the issue… (R)eal Men don’t need pussy-ass masks. That’s as fucking simple as it is right there. If the he(R)oes at the top had come out and said “you know what, it’s inconvenient sometimes but one of the things we can do to help save lives is wear a mask” we’d have had far less deaths. So well done guys! At least you’re not pussies I guess!?!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

http://covid.cdc.gov

covid tracker ^^^

Daily reported infections ~ 100,000

daily deaths ( today ) 395

I was asked yesterday,
    ' wouldn't you like to be infected with a 'milder variant' ?

no - absolutely not.

I have a friend who was hospitalized for five days recently with covid and Pneumonia ( not specified) in both lungs...

I get it -
    Society is moving on -
    even as the seventy-eight year old President has had covid and 'rebound covid'
    ( to me, 'rebound covid' - again testing positive. means virus replication resumed ( I have seen nothing that claims virus degenerative fragments will result in a positive test - and there are others here who are better read than I )

400 weekly / 200,000 annually -

... doesn't feel like 'freedom' to me -

the clerk at the p.o. yesterday was masked for the first time ,,, ever.
    she had covid last week, and 'did not want to spread it ' , and
    ' there are too many clerks on vacation' for her not to Work ( handling items back-and-forth with the public ) -

lovely --

I took my change and my receipt as a matter of habit , and didn't even give it a thought until I sat down last night...

good luck...

I will be looking for my variant vaccination in October --

tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 08-11-2022 at 02:23 PM.

Apparently, there’s good(?) evidence that infection of omicron variants does not provide immunity to other (newer) omicron variants: https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abq1841
    “Vaccine boosting results in distinct, imprinted patterns of hybrid immunity with different combinations of SARS-CoV-2 infection and vaccination. Immune protection is boosted by B.1.1.529 (Omicron) infection in the triple-vaccinated, previously infection-naïve individuals, but this boosting is lost with prior Wuhan Hu-1 imprinting. This “hybrid immune damping” indicates substantial subversion of immune recognition and differential modulation through immune imprinting and may be the reason why the B.1.1.529 (Omicron) wave has been characterized by breakthrough infection and frequent reinfection with relatively preserved protection against severe disease in triple-vaccinated individuals.”

New preprint looking at pathology and immune profiling of long covid: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....09.22278592v1

Author tweet: https://twitter.com/virusesimmunity/...lFID1nw8pcsoLw

Author graphic of key findings:
    Name:  IMG_8483.JPG
Views: 378
Size:  187.3 KB

Sewer poo samples suggest it's still out there and way more than we realize... just mostly asymptomatic.. Vaccines FTW! Kinda sucks that everyone isn't and some can't be protected though..

Had a couple plumbers in the house Tuesday. I did not make them wear masks, but I did open the window in the bathroom they were working in. They were not in any other part of the house for more than 30 seconds at a time. We stood outside on the porch when going over the estimates and paying the bill.

Baby steps...

Sewer poo samples suggest it's still out there and way more than we realize... just mostly asymptomatic.. Vaccines FTW! Kinda sucks that everyone isn't and some can't be protected though..

Had a couple plumbers in the house Tuesday. I did not make them wear masks, but I did open the window in the bathroom they were working in. They were not in any other part of the house for more than 30 seconds at a time. We stood outside on the porch when going over the estimates and paying the bill.

Baby steps...
    It is my policy to always open the window of any room plumbers are working in, covid or no covid. Also turn on the exhaust fan.

Nothing a buncha crack spackle can't fix.

I'm sticking to what I originally said about continuing to being unconcerned with some levels of possible exposure to keep my natural immunity strong.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...should-follow/

And yes, some of you sound like serious pussies.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I'm sticking to what I originally said about continuing to being unconcerned with some levels of possible exposure to keep my natural immunity strong.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...should-follow/

And yes, some of you sound like serious pussies.
    Finally?

BY JEFFREY KLAUSNER AND NOAH KOJIMA, OPINION CONTRIBUTORS - 02/03/22 9:01 AM ET
    THE VIEWS EXPRESSED BY CONTRIBUTORS ARE THEIR OWN AND NOT THE VIEW OF THE HILL

Finally?
    Just stay inside. It hasn't been safe since Y2K, the computers could still crash at any moment.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I'm not sure why the way a person chooses to safeguard their health and that of their family & friends matters to anyone else (i.e. wearing a mask, social distancing, not attending large gatherings).
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I don't think it really matters. I've been on four flights this summer, coast to coast and in between, and the few people wearing masks here and there (maybe 5-10%) do not seem to be harassed or ridiculed in any way that I've seen. People actually seem to accept it as kind of normal that some people will wear masks. Went to my nephew's wedding last weekend in Minnesota, and literally the only person wearing a mask was his brother (another nephew) who works in a lab. Nobody gave a shit nor said anything as far as I'm aware. I honestly can't believe I haven't caught covid yet with all this traveling and all the crowds I've been in. Same for my kids. It's inconceivable to me that we haven't caught it yet. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, I'm sure my time is coming and I'm not looking forward to it nor underestimating the potential for a bad case of long covid. Still not sure about a fourth booster though.