Page 68 of 101 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2514
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Got to set tires on some of your steeps yesterday and they are awesome! Thank you Mar123! Your commitment and results are inspiring! Really good stuff!

I'm Sam F, I think we have a mutual friend I've seen in some of your pics, Alex M. Hope to share a shred with you some time!

I hid my strava track
    Hey Sam,

Awesome, thank you! ...yeah Im good friends w Alex....Lets ride!

cheers!

Anyone know what the snow situation in the Stansburys is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Anyone know what the snow situation in the Stansburys is?
    Looks like Trailforks has some pics from April

Trails packed today but the dirt was still holding moisture in the upper portions of DV near Empire.... Such a great day to ride!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Such a great day to ride!
    It's been an awesome June uh? Great temps + great dirt = great times.

Found reports for Honeycomb and Days but not Silver so I figured I'd go see for myself. A few patches on Raptor Rd, a big one at the start of the Twin Lakes connector, some sketchy shenanigans navigating the steep and snowy off-camber at the end of Lazy Prince, and more patches on the way to the mine. 100% rideable below that if you're willing to get off trail to go around some big drifts. I feel like the crux got even cruxier this year, the runoff must have flowed straight down the trail and dug it up a bunch, it's a bit more engaged now with a deeper rut and non existent traction.

Twin lakes patch, great booting conditions:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220619_191634480.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	419484

Someone's keeping the dream alive on Patsey:

Name:	original_f58b02f9-178c-4246-9bb5-69d269fe10f0_PXL_20220619_194814909.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	419485

I hear the trail fairy cleaned up all the deadfall on Beartrap already, get it while it's good!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Thanks for the update. What did the HC and Days reports say?

Anyone know how things are on BMT at the bird? It was great this time last year. Thinking it will be a little longer this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Someone's keeping the dream alive on Patsey:
    Wait, I thought you had an Ohlins fork on the Gnarv?

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post

Anyone know how things are on BMT at the bird? It was great this time last year. Thinking it will be a little longer this year.
    I was up Days on Saturday. Two get-offs for deadfall a little ways below the flash flood blowout spot, a couple small snow patches in the same general area that may already be gone, and significant snow maybe half a mile from the top (where you do the little dip and cross over to the climber's-left side of the creek). That last section might take a while still.

Little Cloud webcam indicates that BMT will need another week or two: https://www.snowbird.com/mountain-report/webcams/

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Honey is clear of snow except for some deep patches on the upper traverse. Fair bit of deadfall in the rock garden as of Sat.

Wait, I thought you had an Ohlins fork on the Gnarv?
    Nope, another trusty Mezzer! It works so well on the Occam I figured I'd give it a shot at 170mm on the big bike. It's great, I'm running it without much pressure in the IRT chamber so it feels really linear and matches the coil shock. The bike feels like a real plow and lets me get away with murder. Bit scary really...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Some douchebag is sanitizing Flanders in LCC.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    Some douchebag is sanitizing Flanders in LCC.
    Which one's Flanders? Upper quarry trail below Tanners?
    Someone was adding rocks last year to make the 1st roll right off the road easier. So frustrating.

Flanders is descending rider's right just below Cool Way.

Flanders is descending rider's right just below Cool Way.
    Thanks. That section is tough, especially the right option right after the climb (the big rock pile, not the wooden bridge option). Absolutely no reason to make it easier though, the whole point is to try and get better at it.
    Last time I rode it I tried to send a semi skinny I had never even noticed. Not long before where Flanders meets back with the LCC trail but not right at the exit. You need to make a super awkward left onto a tree which is a bit off camber. Ate shit in the creek bed. Will try again.

Sticks & Stones (Sticks is left after tree squeezer; Stones is rock pile)

The tree skinny is called "Big Stick". Little Stick is the log ride exiting Flanders. Big Stick actually got moved in that 2019 flash flood, when we rebuilt lower Flanders Big Stick was in a different place LOL. It used to be easier entry (was straight shot). I do it on the fat bike in Winter, but the fall is too big for gramps when there's no snow there. Good on you for attempting that, the entry is super tricky, I have to hop back of bike a few inches right after front is on it.

For yucks, just below 3rd bridge you can ride that log end to end. Exit is tricky though! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Thanks. That section is tough, especially the right option right after the climb (the big rock pile, not the wooden bridge option). Absolutely no reason to make it easier though, the whole point is to try and get better at it.
    Last time I rode it I tried to send a semi skinny I had never even noticed. Not long before where Flanders meets back with the LCC trail but not right at the exit. You need to make a super awkward left onto a tree which is a bit off camber. Ate shit in the creek bed. Will try again.

BMT was clear to the top of Wilbere. Then enough snow we turned around.

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

Cleared out Dropkick, trail is running good... There was about 10 decent sized downed trees across the trail and one large one that I was able to get with my saw... But it isn't burly enough to get through this guy, so built this with some stuff laying around...pretty chill mandatory 3-4ft drop off the backside, dont try to roll it. Then gotta mash on the pedals to get back up to trail speed.

Name:	IMG_1548.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	419755
    FYI, this is right after the giant wooden berm...if someone wants to get up there with a big saw and clear it thats cool, but the log drop is kinda fun.

Highly recommend the Makita 10 in. 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion BrushlessChainsaw for basic trail clearing....its light enough to pedal with and can fit in a normal backpack. Gets the job done.

^^^^ Looks sick, nice work, thanks for cleaning this up! I was in the area yesterday and rode Canyon DH, that thing is so fun. I think with a bit of trimming and a bit of raking it could be all time. I had never been on it, some of the rolls are for real!

Yeah! Thanks for your work up there mar.

This might be a first for me; this morning I saw a guy sitting on a backpacking chair on the side of the trail near the bottom of Insurgent next to his bike! Looked comfortable, was a little jealous. Bunch of others hanging around the same area. After empty trails coming via PC I didn’t expect to see all the traffic. Overall great conditions, but the moon dust is on its way.

some bros built a new log ride 2/3 of the way down Cool Way, really nice work. Entry is tricky, so more funerer.......

Log has been there a while, guys with vision built a rock pile to mount it, with minimal vertical risk.

Hey all

I have the next 5-6 weeks mostly to myself and am hoping to ride my bike. Is there a TGR approved list of local rides, drainages, or trail systems? I need to keep myself in one piece, so air time or the steepest chunk are not the priority.

Also, I realize how spoiled some parts of the country are with Beartooth Publishing. What is the best option for a physical map or two of the local terrain and trails?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Also, I realize how spoiled some parts of the country are with Beartooth Publishing. What is the best option for a physical map or two of the local terrain and trails?
    Mountain Trails sells a physical map of the PC trail system. Not sure of a good physical map for SL Valley or other areas other than a Nat Geo type map. I think Trailforks is undefeated though and has some great trail/ride suggestions.

I'm also down to pedal ya around if you wanna get out over the next month or so.
    Last edited by brutah; 06-28-2022 at 09:27 AM.

Is there a reason you need a physical map? I'd highly recommend just using Trailforks, especially if you plan to ride Park City at all. Staying in the valley or somewhere else? Looking for quick after work type rides? Long epics? Must-ride classics? All of the above?

If you want some classics on the blue end of the spectrum:

-Mid Mountain end-to-end. Use the free PC bus to shuttle.
    -Armstrong/Pinecone/Crest/Canyons. Use the free PC bus to shuttle.
    -There's lots of ways to loop the Crest if you're cool with 3k of climbing. Will provide more details upon request.
    -Snowbird BMT
    -Strawberry Narrows is a super fun XC ride that's far enough out there to never be busy.
    -Corner Canyon has lots of fun trails. This time of year early starts are highly recommended to avoid heat and crowds.
    -Got to do Dry Creek to Bobsled at least once.

Is there a reason you need a physical map? I'd highly recommend just using Trailforks, especially if you plan to ride Park City at all. Staying in the valley or somewhere else? Looking for quick after work type rides? Long epics? Must-ride classics? All of the above?
    Irrational, but I *hate* having to rely on my phone when I'm playing outside.

We are in the sugarhood, the plan is to drop off my wife at the U in the mornings and ride afterward. I would like to sample as many classics and different areas as I can and work my way up to a few epics. I like alpine loops/lollipops.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I'm also down to pedal ya around if you wanna get out over the next month or so.
    I will be happy to take you up on that. Fair warning, I have been at sea level for the past three years and rode skinny tires almost exclusively. I'll PM my digits later this week.

Thank you both for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Irrational, but I *hate* having to rely on my phone when I'm playing outside.
    Honestly the density of the trail network in PC makes it really heinous to look at on a map. I don't like messing around with my phone on rides either but the ability to zoom deep into the spaghetti bowl with Trailforks is fairly nice...

I am leading a group climbing BMT at Snowbird, 8am Sunday. Hit me up if you want to join. It's a hard climb, maybe save it for after acclimatization.

some bros built a new log ride 2/3 of the way down Cool Way, really nice work. Entry is tricky, so more funerer.......
    Log has been there a while, guys with vision built a rock pile to mount it, with minimal vertical risk.
    Went looking for it this AM and managed to miss it cause I apparently can't look more than 2' ahead of my front wheel