Page 107 of 129 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3201
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    He is more in tune with reggae music and will fully kick my ass in the race to the bottom, but I think I look more stylish is a chullo and can roll a joint better.
    Your joints are turrible.

East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Your joints are turrible.
    It’s mostly my ligaments that are in bad shape.

He is more in tune with reggae music and will fully kick my ass in the race to the bottom, but I think I look more stylish is a chullo and can roll a joint better.
    I accept your joint rolling challenge. I don’t know what a chullo is but we can discuss that during the judging.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    So who do you think the Buyer is? If I'm Jay, I'd be pushing to close ASAP vs a retrade some fall.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    I am not all that official but I’ve heard rumors it will be bought with private equity which reads to me someone thinks they can up sell it to a shitty conglomerate in a year or two. Would love to be proven wrong.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I am not all that official but I’ve heard rumors it will be bought with private equity which reads to me someone thinks they can up sell it to a shitty conglomerate in a year or two. Would love to be proven wrong.
    Isn't that how Saddleback got resurrected? Not sure if Fail or Asspen are interested in far flung places so maybe there's a chance it stays independent. Wouldn't mind it being a partner resort on the Ikon so then I'd get 5 days there instead of 2 on the Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Pretty cool that Jay starts their senior pricing at age 60. It's too far for me to consider but noted. I get 2 days on Indy and that's probably enough given the driving distance. Hats off to all those that make that trek every weekend from Boston-ish.
    Atleast we get the gorge back next year, the bottom looks decent from rt 9.

East Coast Roll Call 21-22 We have a hot date with Skadi, Pictures at 11

Hats off to all those that make that trek every weekend from Boston-ish.
    Pfft. Boston to Jay is 230 miles of mostly highway and can be made in 4 hours. NYC to Killington is 250 miles and easily 5 hours… half of which is country roads.

Boston folks have it relatively easy. If they’re too soft for the 4 hour drive to Jay, they can get to MRV in just over 3 hours.

Not fighting here. Just jealous that such great skiing is so much closer/easier to access for a weekend for the Boston folks.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

I agree, Boston opens up some really interesting options with shorter drives for the ski crowd although it should be noted that it's also 3.5 to Hunter so not all is wine and roses.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Pfft. Boston to Jay is 230 miles of mostly highway and can be made in 4 hours. NYC to Killington is 250 miles and easily 5 hours… half of which is country roads. If they’re too soft for the 4 hour drive to Jay, they can get to MRV in just over 3 hours.
    I made it from Boston to our house in Jay in 3 hours flat twice this season, haulin' about 80+ with no stops... that being said, about 5 years ago I remember one night we got caught in hella traffic leaving the city and a blower snowstorm on 91 and it took about 10 hours total, that was brutal... regardless, I've always said that Jay is well worth the drive, all highway from metro Boston, and the extra hour for the better snow/terrain and less crowds is a heck of a payoff.. oh wait oops, I meant to say: Jay sucks, tell your friends

Isn't that how Saddleback got resurrected? Not sure if Fail or Asspen are interested in far flung places so maybe there's a chance it stays independent. Wouldn't mind it being a partner resort on the Ikon so then I'd get 5 days there instead of 2 on the Indy.
    I agree with the first part of this, I've heard Vail is not interested as it doesn't really fit their portfolio in terms of location/surrounding ammenities, etc.

As an Jay pass holder and an Ikon pass holder I can say that I do not want them to partner with Ikon; I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think the vibe would be wrecked by crowds if they get on any of the major passes. I'm fine coughing up the money for both passes bc Jay is a really well run mountain and they do a lot for the local community. The indy pass is a great option and I'm glad they're back on it again this year but would really hate to see them partner or get bought by Alterra.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    Atleast we get the gorge back next year, the bottom looks decent from rt 9.
    I really wanted to skin that place but it never snowed this year...or last. Which says something about the viability of that place. My prediction: it will never re-open for skiing but it does look fun.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Pfft. Boston to Jay is 230 miles of mostly highway and can be made in 4 hours. NYC to Killington is 250 miles and easily 5 hours… half of which is country roads.
    My next door neighbors at Magic came up from northern Jersey every weekend for the last 20 years (4.5 hours). I couldn't do that. They're moving full time to Magic next week. But if you're spending 2.5 hours on country roads once you leave I-87, you're doing it wrong. The only part I would consider country roads is the stretch from the L. George Outlets to Fair Haven and that only takes 30-35 minutes. Similar to the time spent on country roads getting to Jay. Total time after leaving I-87 should be under an hour.

Pow day on The Rock!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Pow day on The Rock!!!!!!!
    ‘ceptin it will be blown straight to Sebago Lake before it lands.

‘ceptin it will be blown straight to Sebago Lake before it lands.
    I hear that Dutchess still goes!!!!!

first descent of 22-23, mark it!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I really wanted to skin that place but it never snowed this year...or last. Which says something about the viability of that place. My prediction: it will never re-open for skiing but it does look fun.

My next door neighbors at Magic came up from northern Jersey every weekend for the last 20 years (4.5 hours). I couldn't do that. They're moving full time to Magic next week. But if you're spending 2.5 hours on country roads once you leave I-87, you're doing it wrong. The only part I would consider country roads is the stretch from the L. George Outlets to Fair Haven and that only takes 30-35 minutes. Similar to the time spent on country roads getting to Jay. Total time after leaving I-87 should be under an hour.
    How do you cut out 25 minutes? Radar detector?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Darwin visits the whites this weekend. RIP

/mountain-hiker-dies-after-rescue-in-snow-80-mph-wind-gusts
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Dear Lawd.

A bit of a longshot here but are any EC mags heading west and could assist with delivering a bike to another mag in Park City? I am in north shore MA/seacoast NH area...happy to drive and meet up to facilitate the handoff

Tragedy that was so avoidable IF YOU JUST READ THE FUCING FORECAST! This weather event was well forecast. Just pisses me off. Besides the poor idiot that perished, it puts good rescue folks in harms way for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    How do you cut out 25 minutes? Radar detector?

Please clarify...what part do you think takes more time? Maybe it's 40 minutes from Fair Haven but only if you hit every stoplight on Rte 4 in Rutland. There's a better way....

I used to drive 55-60 on 149 from the outlets to Fort Ann and then on up to Whitehall. Once you get past Whitehall, it's easy to do 65 and once you get to Fair Haven, it's a limited access divided highway (65mph speed limit) to Rutland. Everybody does 75 on that stretch.

Definitely a stretch even by the loose standards of the so-called Darwin Awards, as the victim was a 53 year-old married father of three children (one in high school, two in college).
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Definitely a stretch even by the loose standards of the so-called Darwin Awards, as the victim was a 53 year-old married father of three children (one in high school, two in college).
    Right. He already procreated so his gene pool lives.

It doesn't make his choices any more absurd given the forecast.

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Tragedy that was so avoidable IF YOU JUST READ THE FUCING FORECAST! This weather event was well forecast. Just pisses me off. Besides the poor idiot that perished, it puts good rescue folks in harms way for no reason.
    a really good friend of mine is on the Ammo Valley SAR crew and they got 4 calls on Saturday night - one for a tib/fib compound fracture and 3 hypothermia calls; he was on the response team for the broken leg, said he was happy that he was already dealing with that one so that he didn't get called in for the high alpine hypo rescue

100mph wind gusts and a full on ice storm, Mountain Rescue had to put chains on their truck tires to get up the auto road; very unfortunate that the guy passed away but agreed that it was completely avoidable, nobody has any business being up there in that kind of weather.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Please clarify...what part do you think takes more time? Maybe it's 40 minutes from Fair Haven but only if you hit every stoplight on Rte 4 in Rutland. There's a better way....

I used to drive 55-60 on 149 from the outlets to Fort Ann and then on up to Whitehall. Once you get past Whitehall, it's easy to do 65 and once you get to Fair Haven, it's a limited access divided highway (65mph speed limit) to Rutland. Everybody does 75 on that stretch.
    I might drive slow. I usually beat Google maps by some minutes. Please tell me I'm wrong because of love to be closer to magic. Haven't been yet.

No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

I used to live in Saratoga Springs and commuted to Magic every weekend for 5 years. It took us 1+40. It was only 78 miles but the roads were not conducive to fast driving with 2 dogs in the back. Took us 40 minutes longer once we moved bac to Vermont (Burlington area).

Rule of thumb: NYSP set their radar to go off at speed limit + 16. I had a lot of retired NYSP that worked for me in Smallbany and they told me that 80 in a 65 was perfectly acceptable in good weather.